PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Back from Colts Land. They are never going to win a Superbowl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Back from a weekend in Indy. Before I post my criticisms, let me say that the people in Indy, and the Indy fans, are the nicest, friendliest people you would ever want to meet. They also have a good set up with the RCA Dome. It is right downtown with lots of restaurants and hotels all around (think of Foxboro being placed next to Fanueil Hall Marketplace). Now onto the football stuff.

First, on Saturday, the day before the big game, the articles in the paper are not about match-ups, analysis or anything (save an article on Roethlisberger) about the game itself - they are about the fact that the Colts sent an e-mail to all season ticket holders, signed by Dungy and Polian, asking that the fans not sell their tickets to anyone other than Colts fans. The article goes on to interview Polian who believes that many of their season tickets are owned by professional ticket scalpers (scalping is legal in Indiana) who are not loyal to the team and this affects their "home field advantage" (which we all know they must have in order to win!). He said the last time they played the Steelers in the playoffs (1999 maybe?) the Colts had to use a silent snap count because the 5000 Steelers fans in attendance were too loud. Boo Hoo! He goes on to say that he had proposed legislation to make scalping illegal in Indiana, but so far nothing has come of it and it is very frustrating. So, not only does he change the rules to win in the NFL, he is trying to change them in the whole state of Indiana! What a joke - the guy is truly paranoid!! Can you imagine BB signing such a letter to the season ticket holders?! Why do the Colts have to try so hard to get their own fans to the game? Their tickets were cheap in comparison to ours. My hubby and I were so incensed that we bought Steelers hats, wore them to the game and cheered loudly for the Steelers (never thought I would do that!).

Then we get to the game (which a lot of Steelers fans did attend, by the way) and we see at least 8 banners hanging from the rafters with the following type-slogans: "AFC South Champ - 2004"; "AFC Finalist - 2003". We were cracking up! We asked the Steelers fans around us (who were appreciative that we wore their colors and said they were really bummed there would not be a match-up in Foxboro for the AFC Championship) if they had banners in their stadium showing they lost in the playoffs. They were laughing too, about the banners and about the letter from Dungy and Polian. We all agreed that our organizations have a very different mind-set from the Colts, who look desparate to pat themselves on the back for anything.

The streets around the RCA Dome have names like Dungy Way and Peyton Place. Can you imagine driving on BB Way in Foxboro? The whole organization is mamby-pamby and they are never going to win. Instead of concentrating on their oppontent and coming up with a solid game plan they worry about how many fans from the opposing team are going to show up and ruin their home field advantage, thus subconsciously setting themselves up for a loss (because everything isn't "perfect" for a win) and giving them a lame excuse when they lose.

Okay, I'm done venting and am almost over the teary feeling I get when I think about Saturday night. Have a good day.

I love how they tried to change state law to win. That may be the funniest thing I've ever heard in sports.

what

Willie55 said:
I love how they tried to change state law to win. That may be the funniest thing I've ever heard in sports.

Why does that surprise you--that's what they do in the NFL every year so it only makes sense to do it anywhere you can. I mean, if you can't win---change the rules so you have a better shot next time! :rolleyes:

The whole Colt's organization and fans are the biggest babies ever. You should hear them whining. I have only lived here since July, therefore have not been to a game yet. Don't know if I care to unless the Pats are in town, which, by the way, it looks like we play Indy in Foxboro again next season. Sweet! The Patriots lost Saturday night. Game over. We stunk it up and lost. The Colt's lose on Sunday and thats all we have been hearing about in the media since. Get ovet it everyone. :(

It seemed there were many Pitts fans there. Manning was waving his arms frantically to get the crowd to quiet during a few of those fatal drives - to no avail.

The frustration on his face was familiar, and so fitting for a January game.

their whole organization is just pathetic.

I hope they never win as long as manning is there.

did you see those calls in the steeler game?
has it ever been more obvious the league was trying to help them win?
it's shamful.
how about when they were offsides and called 'no penalty'
so why did they stop the play then? cuz the colts were calling a penalty and they had to answer them?
absolutely ridulous!

I despise manning, his behavior, his father's behavior, the league and media's treatment of him, and all that he represents. not enough bad can happen to this arrogant, obnoxious dimwit.

Two things about this thread. One, how can you base your opinion of a team based on crappy newspaper coverage. The Star has had a big tendency to suck, so it's silly to say it reflects on the team. Second, I hate ticket scalpers (i.e. ticket brokers) and they are deeply entrenched in the season ticket base for Colts tickets. They bought up tickets a while back when the Colts were constantly losing and took a loss until they started winning. It is a good business practice, but I can stand people sticking to the fans just trying to go to a game. I'm not making excuses for the team, but I'm just lending credence to the fact that there are a ton of scalped tickets up for grabs. A lot of them are really good seats too. My dad and I have have fifth row, goal-line seats since they have been there and there are two sets of two seat own by brokers within a few feet of us. So, it's not like it's just the upper deck that is being sold to the visiting team, but the stuff way down low too. Like I said before, I'm not making excuses because they can play on the road in hostile situations, but it just sucks to see all those tickets being sold like that. All states should have a law that tickets can only be resold for face value or tens bucks above. That way we get rid of those slimy ticket brokers and let some fans go to games without taking a second mortgage.

workhorse said:
All states should have a law that tickets can only be resold for face value or tens bucks above.

Supposedly Mass. has a law like that but the ticket brokers still charge outrageous prices.

Y'all should have a season ticket policy like Kraft. If anybody gets kicked out of the seats, the season ticket holder of record loses the seats. That would produce some turnover, one would think, and put your home-town fans in the seats.

Willie55 said:
Supposedly Mass. has a law like that but the ticket brokers still charge outrageous prices.

I think those guys are one level above pedophiles.

Manning did not look too good. He definitely would not have hit Champ Bailey in stride. Nice effort from # 12 to try and run him down. Must have thought he was throwing a water bottle.

Oh and BTW, how open was Branch right before Adam V. pulled a Vandy?

Well, it probably was because of all those injuries.

But this practice actually keeps the ticket value down for the Colts. You could buy a ticket to the game on Sunday before kick off for $50 (face value was $70). If this practice has gone on for so long, Colts fans must know it. Why don't they go down to the game and buy a ticket? I forgot to mention in my original post that Polian had to reluctantly agree that the Colts actually have a deal with Stub Hub so that Colts season ticket holders who can't go to the game can get rid of their tickets (a link is on their website). So how can Polian complain? What a bozo. With regard to the coverage by the media - how come Polian didn't talk one bit about the game? He is always focused on this BS instead - I am complaining about the mindset of this organization. To a certain extent, the media can only report what's being talked about. If a reporter asked BB about opposing fans coming to the game, he would get a blank look on his face, say he knows nothing about that and has no control over it, and that would be the end of the story.

Tony Collins said:
Manning did not look too good. He definitely would not have hit Champ Bailey in stride. Nice effort from # 12 to try and run him down. Must have thought he was throwing a water bottle.

A familiar look usually seen this time of year, a Colts player pouting on the bench:

capt.nad13001152247.steelers_colts_football_nad130.jpg

Indianapolis Colts' Dominic Rhodes (33) sits dejectedly on the bench after the top-seeded Colts lost their NFL divisional playoff football game 21-18 to the Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday, Jan. 15, 2006, in Indianapolis.

(AP Photo/Darron Cummings)

Last updated at Jan 15, 2006 5:47 pm EST

Tony Collins said:

I don't get this post, what is the point? Oh yeah, the Colts lost in the playoffs again and we need to make ourselves feel better by going on the Patriots message board and start taking shots. :rolleyes:

coltshater said:
I don't get this post, what is the point? Oh yeah, the Colts lost in the playoffs again and we need to make ourselves feel better by going on the Patriots message board and start taking shots. :rolleyes:

No, the point was more like. Geez I can't believe they screwed our Patriots. Manning sux.

So, I responded.

Now they're both home watching the Super Bowl.

No Colts' fan can buy a ticket for your $50 price if they have been sold for $500 to a Steelers' fan. I have no problem with reselling tickets, just not for a profit. BTW, you are limiting Polian's comment by the article you are your read about the ticket scalping. Polian has talked at length about the game. You just didn't bother to check for that stuff. He has a show on Monday nights. He talked plaenty about everything else.

PatsDeb said:
But this practice actually keeps the ticket value down for the Colts. You could buy a ticket to the game on Sunday before kick off for $50 (face value was $70). If this practice has gone on for so long, Colts fans must know it. Why don't they go down to the game and buy a ticket? I forgot to mention in my original post that Polian had to reluctantly agree that the Colts actually have a deal with Stub Hub so that Colts season ticket holders who can't go to the game can get rid of their tickets (a link is on their website). So how can Polian complain? What a bozo. With regard to the coverage by the media - how come Polian didn't talk one bit about the game? He is always focused on this BS instead - I am complaining about the mindset of this organization. To a certain extent, the media can only report what's being talked about. If a reporter asked BB about opposing fans coming to the game, he would get a blank look on his face, say he knows nothing about that and has no control over it, and that would be the end of the story.

ya

Tony Collins said:
No, the point was more like. Geez I can't believe they screwed our Patriots. Manning sux.

So, I responded.

Now they're both home watching the Super Bowl.

Nice try smartguy---except you forgot the part about the truth! The pats were on the short end of the stick with the penalties many times---while the dolts were the ones getting everything handed to them on sunday--they just couldn't finish the game! Even though it was handed to them. and let's not forget after the game brady goes out of his way to praise his team (and he took more shots) and manning goes out of his way to throw them under the bus!

I realize that you are a seasoned vet at the "we're out of the playoffs" thing--but at least be honest with your posts!

mtbykr said:
Nice try smartguy---except you forgot the part about the truth! The pats were on the short end of the stick with the penalties many times---while the dolts were the ones getting everything handed to them on sunday--they just couldn't finish the game! Even though it was handed to them. and let's not forget after the game brady goes out of his way to praise his team (and he took more shots) and manning goes out of his way to throw them under the bus!

I realize that you are a seasoned vet at the "we're out of the playoffs" thing--but at least be honest with your posts!

Patriot fans = Hypocrites!!! How's that for honest ?

You guys have some stones. 5 turnovers and you lose by two TD's.

And it was a PI in the first half. For a team that benefited from the tuck rule
to cry and moan is almost funny.

PatsDeb - I personally appreciate you sharing your experience. I especially loved the part about the meaningless banners and your "what-if" comment regarding BB/opposing fans....I can almost see/hear him saying that exactly!!! That provides perspective on that organization, for sure.

well

Tony Collins said:
Patriot fans = Hypocrites!!! How's that for honest ?

You guys have some stones. 5 turnovers and you lose by two TD's.

And it was a PI in the first half. For a team that benefited from the tuck rule
to cry and moan is almost funny.

Hypocrites-----------in what way? Please explain!

There was a PI in the first half on samuel---garbage and competely changed the game. pats had all the momentum and denver had yet to do anything on O--then that call and 7 points. false start on the donkey's on the 50yard FG that barley made it was not called (although they had no problem calling FS on NE all night long) Fumble by hobbes---well if the calls had been made corectly he wouldn't have been fielding the ball. baily's fumble. Whiel there is no video shot from the goaline (becuase the NFL doesn't want that) baily went out of bounds and hit the pylon while fumbling with his right hand--so unless the ball went through him it went through the endzone

regarding the 2nd int--there was obvious PI and it wasn't called! Not to mention if the other calls were correct Brady wouldn't have been throwing a bomb like that! The troy brown fumble was the result of them trying to block the kick and then him going back quick to field the kick. again if the earlier correct calls were made then it's not needed there!

I am not saying the pats didn't make mistakes becuase we did and we usually don't. However i am just pointing out the fact that the bad calls played a big part of the game!

Of course you bring up the tuck rule---but it was a rule! Whether or not you like the rule, that doesn't matter it was still a rule so get over it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots