Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bachman's Voice...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Aug 12, 2011.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

I know this will sound judgemental, but Michelle Bachman won't go any where with that ugly voice of hers. Presidents must have great voices, and Michelle's is far too raspy and she has an accent.

Definately can't listen to her more than 1 minute...sorry Michelle. :p
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

I agree, image is far too important.

S Forbes was a geek, most couldn't 'see' him as president we ended up with Bush and Gore as the candidates. Forbes has more sound ideas in the morning than both the other have had in their entire lives.

Obama looks and sounds great but...... totally lost.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

It is where we are. If Jesus Christ or Ben Franklin were running and either one had a detectable flaw, neither one would have a chance. Imagine the hard time Abe Lincoln would have in the age of media saturation.

And Bachman has more trouble than her voice, although it IS unbearable. She's primarily unelectable because she's insane.
  4. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

Sadly, our society has become so superficial that Abe Lincoln would never even be nominated today. Think about that PF13...very, very sad.

Society values things that aren't important. Maybe it's the result of reality TV and America's fascination with what it takes to be famous.

It reminds me of the fan who upon seeing his/her face on the big screen, jumps on his/her phone to tell everyone "Hey look! I'm on TV!"

I was recently asked to be interviewed at Logan airport and declined. I do not understand what motivates people to desire their 15 seconds of fame.

The sad part regarding Bachman is that even if people like her ideas, she won't get the votes due to her irritating voice. I have other reasons I'd couldn't vote for her, but admit she irritates me.
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +490 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

There are alot of reasons to dislike Michelle Bachmann - picking her voice seems pretty lame.

As for her having an accent, so did JKF and Bush. So do we all, come to think of it.

You betcha we do.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

Listening to Pant Suit Hillary scream out the words "now it's on to the white house" while her eyes were bulging out used to make me run out of the house and into the woods crying, it was like having an ice pick pushed into my ears, nobody shrieks and cackles like old Fang Face.
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

While I agree with Bachmann on issues IMO her approach is too negative. We want people who will be positive and inspire in their approach. This is something that Reagan had, that Bachmann lacks. She was a prosecutor for the JD dept and it shows in her manner.
  8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

which is why I also posted this...

Besides, the fact that someone with an irritating voice won't have a chance isn't lame, it's reality.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Prime example of the media destroying a candidate for a soundbite. The "Dean Scream" was taken out of context by the media and is nowhere near as "wierd" sounding as it is when you see it in context. Dean could have killed Bush in the General, but the Dems were such wimps they pulled him out and plugged in Kerry....

Howard Dean's Scream - YouTube
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +490 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

"Irritating" is in the ear of the belistening.

Personally, I found JFK's voice annoying as he!!. I'm not from the Boston area - it all sounds nasal and affected to me.

If we all judged people by their voices Stephen Hawkings would be considered a drooling idiot and Ted Bundy would have made a great president.
  11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +796 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

Women have different voices than men ... just saying because I really cannot recall a thread here where a male candidates voice was put into question as being of sufficient quality.
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

Many females when speaking into a microphone sound like chickens, if you enjoy being annoyed tune into The View, turn the volume up and then go into another room and listen, it could be very possible to suffer a nervous breakdown listening to those screaching alley cats all trying to out shout each other, Jesus Christ I get sick just thinking about it, at times Barbara Walters almost looses her false teeth when she trys to yell louder than beautiful Whoopi, when Whoopi yells she sounds like Godzilla.

"GOD DAMN AMERICA" (obama preacher)
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

And from a parallel universe..
  14. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Mayor "mumbles"?
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

Thats what he's called in Boston.
  16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

Sexism!

just kiddn'...I heard several men's voices I could never vote for. Ross Perot comes to mind.

besides, I never said voice tone is valid reason not to vote for someone, I made the point that I believe many people do. Just as people vote for looks.
  17. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +392 / 6 / -9

::sigh:: and now we know why neither Sarah Palin nor Michele Bachman ever made it to the top of the Billboard charts. Or whatever they use now. Well, that, and neither of them has the gravitas of an Amy Winehouse.

PFnV
  18. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Huh?? She was a tax attorney with the IRS, not the Justice Dep't who was attacked for only taking one case to court during her time there. Tax attorneys have a stereotypical reputation for being boring, not prosecutorial......

Michele Bachmann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

They may not have the gravitas of Winehouse but they have more gravitas that the current president, who has none.
  20. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +392 / 6 / -9

To you. But you are a splinter of the splinter of the far right, the part that wanted to impeach the president before he took office. So it's not important what you think. It is, however, important what large groups of people, whose minds are not settled in advance without regard to facts, think.

Case in point: is a radioactive particle larger or smaller than one inch?