PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AZ vs NE positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
1. It sounds like Hernandez will be back.
2. Id rather lose him now than in November and December.
3. Jones and Hightower continue to be impressive.
4. Ridley could be a stud.
5. The Pats didnt quit and almost pulled it off.

What are yours?

I'll just echo yours... can't think of much else. The other "positive" is that at least the Cards are out of the conference. For seeding and such, this will have less impact.

Thanks for the positive thread.

Instead of watching football from 4 to 11pm, I managed to get homework done. :)

for me it was the last TD drive by the PATS where we scored a td by going down the field very very quickly

Tough to come up with more - many of the reasons I am not too upset are the same you mentioned.

I absolutely LOVED the fact that we needed a turnover to even have a CHANCE to win - and the D pulled it off - that was AWESOME!!

Jones does look a bit special.
BB is back to his best at shutting down the other teams biggest weapon (Johnson and Fitzgerald in consecutive weeks)

The D is going to be very good this year. Kept us in a game that we had no business winning

Welker getting going was also good to see

Held Larry Fitzgerald to one catch for 4 yards. I thought we couldn't cover. Next two games will be good tests against Manning and Flacco. Are we improved? Or, just haven't played a good passing attack yet??

This is a very physical defense. Makes you earn every yard.

Secondary shut down one of the best WR's in the game without giving up much elsewhere.

ST coverage was once again solid both punting and kicking.

Pass protection down the stretch when we were forced to be one dimensional held up very nice.

Pretty much the entire front 7 :eek::rocker:

Ridley's ball security.

And yes the biggest positive is we should get AH back eventually this year.

Tavon Wilson has a knack for the ball. Could be are first play maker at free safety in many years.

Add in the solid play of Nate Solder who was getting lambasted a few weeks ago. Always said he just needs some reps at LT and he'll grow and improve with each rep and he has and will. He's a future Pro Bowler.

Last edited:
The D played an all around good game, great job on Fitzgerald. Of course Hightower, Jones and Wilson made noteworthy plays today.

Edleman made the most of his opportunities, Ridley had another good game. Solder played well.

Unrelated, but the Jets got their axxes kicked and Sanchez looked like himself. Tebow came is for a series and started moving the ball before being yanked for the Sanchez.

It has begun.

1. It sounds like Hernandez will be back.
2. Id rather lose him now than in November and December.
3. Jones and Hightower continue to be impressive.
4. Ridley could be a stud.
5. The Pats didnt quit and almost pulled it off.

What are yours?

- Defense overall looking good. Averaging 16.5 PPG, 265 YPG througg 2 games, and 32% conversion on 3rd down.
- McCourty looking more like 2010 version than 2011 version.
- Got our bad game out early, against a non-Conference opponent.
- The media will stop talking about 16-0 and will start picking against the Pats, who will probably be underdogs next week.

Our 3rd WR put up 5 catches for 95 yrd.Not sure when we when a 3rd WR put such numbers.

No1 Wr was targeted 13 times , most for a WR. lloyd is becoming goto guy.
even though he sounded like az when asked about the kick and team loss.
he was said no comments on the kicker.

satz

Big Vince came back in the game and didnt look like he was hurt.

mccourty seems MUCH better this year even after 2 games

- Defense overall looking good. Averaging 16.5 PPG, 265 YPG througg 2 games, and 32% conversion on 3rd down.
- McCourty looking more like 2010 version than 2011 version.
- Got our bad game out early, against a non-Conference opponent.
- The media will stop talking about 16-0 and will start picking against the Pats, who will probably be underdogs next week.

And it's really hard to fault the D for 10 of the points they "surrendered" today. 140 yds through the air and the complete shutdown of Fitz is really pointing to the D being able to take away what they want to.

I wouldn't worry too much about the offense even though Hernandez will be gone for a month at the VERY least (probably longer). But this was just one of those games that our offense was out of sync. It seems like we have 1-2 of these games every year.

Basically though I am concerned about losing Hernandez if the offense goes back to what it did last week we'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes