Welcome to PatsFans.com

AZ Sheriff Dever: Border "Too Dangerous", BPatrol retreats

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Leave No Doubt, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sheriff Larry Dever has 30 years in law enforcement and says the BP is ready and willing to fight, calls them warriors but management's calling them back, saying sections are too dangerous:
    CNSNews.com - EXCLUSIVE: Arizona Sheriff: Border Patrol Has Retreated from Parts of Border Because It?s ?Too Dangerous?

So what's the deal here?

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

The CSN News, The Right News. Right Now.

Joe Farah is proud of his little droogie.. Dittoheads are so cool:rocker::rocker::rocker:

3. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

OHHH! So he really didn't say that and none of what CNS reported is true! Sorry, I forgot. What's media matters saying?

4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

You obviously rely more on blogs than most of us folks do who seek the truth, if that is your standards so be it.. but in reality The Right News. Right Now is just another partisan blog...

Personally do not read or rely on Media Matters...

5. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

CNSnews is a blog? Some blogs are op-ed and nothing more, maybe anything from anyplace besides msnbc is a false BLOG. I should've checked reliable and real news like abc, nbc, cbs.

DemocracyNow is "left", a site I like a lot and quote frequently-is that one a blog too? And this sheriff is fake too. I don't think too many people here care about The Truth. If they did they'd stop defending their party line, stop calling everybody a racist, and stop cherry-picking posts to suit their agendas. Truth lol, not here my friend.

Anyway back to the sheriff- what's the deal with "management" calling off the Bpatrol?

6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Again....

This is complete crap. He is so full of $#!t, its rediculous.

My in-laws are cops and firemen and BORDER AGENTS in this very county of cochese....this guy has ZERO jurisdiction over border agents, and has ZERO clue what they are doing. All he is doing is trying to get people afraid, or (more likely) draw more funding for his force. I'm sure the border agents will have a lot to say to this guy about being called "yellow" by this geezer. I'd be willing to bet there are a few 6'7" 340 lb Border agent sthat wanna rip this dude's head off because he is talking crap......AMAZING.

The one telling quote from this a-hole sherriff....

“Well, I say: Come, bring it on. Let’s cause the international incident,”

REALLY?

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 7 / -3

Eh, what's that guy know. Holy D said it's all swell down there, and most people are singing Kumbaya together.

8. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That bothered me too, sheriff Dever's raring to go obviously lol. Regardless, is management really calling off the dogs and if so, why? Is it really that dangerous? Or are they hoping to give more land away, saying an area's "too dangerous" for anyone to defend nevermind enjoy as US land the way they did in another border area?

9. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

well...unlike almost all of you, I actually go there, my wife grew up there.... somehow her family has managed to live there for 40+ years and the biggest problem facing the border town is not illegals....

its DRUGS.

and this dude saying that border agents are being called off because the area is too dangerous, sends the wrong message to both the agents, and you red meat blog readers. Listen to the dude interviewing him, getting angrier and angrier. Even IF the border agents are being called away because its too dangerous, its not because of illegals, its because of druglords. None of WHO or WHY is mentioned in this interview. Its all to get you riled up.

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.

10. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I feel more unsafe in Oakland than Cochese county ...

PS....That website CNS news...is actually scarrier than both

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  11. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

CNSNews.com - EXCLUSIVE: Arizona Sheriff: Border Patrol Has Retreated from Parts of Border Because It?s ?Too Dangerous?

CBP confirms they're not putting agents in certain places because of officer safety.

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is...

Sheriff Dever sounds like he is just another media whore, move over Joe Arpaio..

Not real sure that he has any jurisdiction over or is qualified to speak for the Border Patrol.. sounds like a jurisdictional issue or the latest faux outrageous, outrage of the day...

13. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That must be it :pigsfly: Thanks for keeping us all straight Darryl! I'm with RW-everything's just fine, this is nothing more than some craaazyyyy right-wing conspiracy.:eek:

14. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

"There are areas down there in the Tucson Sector where for officer safety reasons, officers aren’t up on the line. For whatever reason--it may be a remote area,"

TUCSON?????

holy crap people....get a map!

Tuscon is a few hours from the "border"...not even close to the front lines of anything...who are these people?

Try Bisbee....Naco.....Douglas... towns that are actually on the border!

15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

For every action there is a reaction....or retraction, as the case may be.

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) – Many lawmakers and Arizonans have long been calling for more boots on the ground – actual patrol agents to secure the border – but Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever said Border Patrol is actually retreating from dangerous border territory.

"I've been told by Border Patrol agents and agent family members that that in fact is the case. There have been places they are instructed not to go work because it is too dangerous. Now Border Patrol command people will deny that," Dever told KGUN9 News. "I heard it from the horse's mouth on enough occasions to believe that is the case in some places."

However, the head of U.S. Customs and Border Protection disagrees.

"I have great regard for Larry, but I did check out specifically with the people in the Douglas station whether or not his speculation regarding that was true. And I think with all due respect, the Sheriff is mistaken," said Commissioner Alan Bersin.

Dever said Border Patrolmen aren't the ones retreating from dangerous spots; rather, middle and upper management are telling them to avoid certain dangerous areas, partly to avoid an international incident.

"I have been misinformed over the years on a lot of things. Mr. Bersin may be the one misinformed here. The truth is the truth. The fact is regardless of what instructions they are, they're inadequate to solve things at the border," Dever said.

Bersin said law enforcement at the border has more resources than they've ever been – and that the border is more secure than it's ever been.

"In fact, there are no places in Arizona that agents have not gone. That's why we should honor them as people on the front lines who put their lives on the line as they serve the American people, the people here in Arizona," Bersin said. "The Sheriff needs to look into the facts a little better on that score."

Is Border Patrol avoiding dangerous areas near the border? - KGUN 9 On Your Side, Tucson News, Weather & Sports

Talk about "doublespeak." LOL

First Devers says agents are retreating - then he switches to this gobbledegook - in which he say they aren't, actually, but they're being told to avoid certain areas, instead. After which he says it really doesn't matter what he's said since "the truth is the truth," and "the fact is regardless of what instructions they are."

Dever said Border Patrolmen aren't the ones retreating from dangerous spots; rather, middle and upper management are telling them to avoid certain dangerous areas, partly to avoid an international incident.

"I have been misinformed over the years on a lot of things. Mr. Bersin may be the one misinformed here. The truth is the truth. The fact is regardless of what instructions they are, they're inadequate to solve things at the border," Dever said.

16. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Right, so why would the CBP not let officers patrol Tuscon? Because it's too remote? lol:bricks:

17. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Unless they are paratrooping mexicans 60 miles behind enemy lines....

I think Tuscon's 'border' is safe.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

You never addressed why a sheriff with limited jurisdiction has become qualified to speak for the Border Patrol?? it is a clear jurisdictional issue...

...As best as I can figure out, some guy said something to Joe Dever and then it became truth..

19. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

DEMINT: White House land grab - Washington Times

Some claim those "too dangerous" warning signs aren't only about "danger".

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

I always read where some ding dong tells us how beautiful Mexico is and what a wonderful place it is to travel too, I have never been there but it makes me wonder why the hell did 12 million people run away from their own country and they're still doing it.

The exodus in my mind would tell me that Mexico must be a stinking sh!t hole of country, I heard that people visiting there come home with "the sh!ts".

Does visiting Mexico cause a person to have "loose bowel movements"

"mommy"
    "yes dear"
    "why is that man sh!tting on the sidewalk"
    "he jst came back from lovely mexico dear"
    "oh"

:bricks: