Welcome to PatsFans.com

Awol

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Feb 2, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]"Mr. Bush...why were you suspended from flight with Mr. Bath?"
    "Mr. Bath had some great weed that week. There was no way I could pass the piss test."
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 1 / -9

YOU SHOULD SEND THIS TO DAN RATHER MAYBE HE COULD GET HIS JOB BACK AND BECOME A "HOLLYWOOD HERO" :singing: :singing:
  3. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

AAB,

There was never any dispute that Bush was disqualified from flying due to not maintaining flight physical status. This is OLD NEWS. It is a standard administrative safety measure that pilots have to meet physical standards or are removed from flight status. It is NOT a disciplinary action.

Bush was assigned to a desk job at the time not flight job (to best of my knowledge) and was working out of state (I think at school at HARVARD MBA school but not sure) and was not even actively drilling because he was unavailable. NOTE THE COMMENT "(Not on EAD)" right after his name. Guess what that means; Try = 'Not on Extended Active Duty'.

As for your thread title; you are continuing misrepresenting facts, law and Military Regulation in order to further a partisan political agenda. In so doing you are not besmirching Bush; but rather 1. exposing your ignorance and 2. actually besmirching every honorably serving Army Reserve and National Guard Soldier. :enranged:

As a 24 year Army and Army Reserve veteran I can certify you are mis-using the term AWOL.

By definition AWOL can ONLY OCCUR when a Soldier is on Active Duty. A Reserve or ARNG Soldier can ONLY be AWOL if he is ordered to Active Duty, Reports FOR THAT DUTY and THEN FAILS TO RETURN FOR DUTY.

Army Reserve and National Guard soldiers CANNOT BE LEGALLY, REGULATORILY or FACTUALLY identified as AWOL for 'Weekend Drill'. THat is NOT ACTIVE DUTY. Most 1 day physicals are usually accomplished over a Drill pay period. So it is unlikely that Bush was ever ordered to Active Duty to accomplish this physical. [reason for this is that Reserve soldiers are CIVILIANS FIRST; their civilian job takes precedence as that is 95% of their annual income. If their civilian job wont release them for that required drill period; they are excused.]

Even if Bush was Ordered to ACTIVE DUTY for the physical; unless he reported on the orders for duty and THEN FAILED TO SHOW; could he be charged with AWOL. There is no evidence to show Bush ever received any such orders let alone showed up for them and in fact I doubt you can even show such orders were ever published because as I said above; most of these physicals were done in Drill status NOT Annual Training (2 week active duty) status.

By furthering the impression that Reserve Soldiers are AWOL if they cannot attend a single Drill; you assault the integrity of every Soldier who has ever gotten an excused absence and made up a drill at a later date. (Essentially 100% of the Reserve force).

Bottom Line: YOU DONT KNOW JACK SH!T OF WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. THIS IS OLD NEWS. IT DOESNT REPRESENT ANYTHING ILLEGAL or IMMORAL and not even anything UNETHICAL IN AND OF ITSELF.

(you could only make a case for unethical conduct based on information that is impossible to obtain 30 years after the fact. But convicting without a trial is standard procedure nowadays.)
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 1 / -9

The sore losing haters will be trying to hang Bush for treason for the next 200 years :singing: