PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Awesome new uniform concept.

Or we could have...

9060459-large.png

I always liked when they had the large Elvis logo draped over the shoulder pads like they did in the late 90s........a better look than where the numbers are right now

Didn't like it like that at all, looked bush league.

I always liked when they had the large Elvis logo draped over the shoulder pads like they did in the late 90s........a better look than where the numbers are right now

Pretty sure the NFL instituded a rule that requires all uniforms to show the number on the shoulder.

From what I understand...in 1979 the team was very close to bringing out a new logo to replace Pat Patriot but it got out voted in the last days before it was to be done.

The logo in the works at that time can be seen in the middle of the photo and looks quite a bit similar to todays Elvis style .... I would bet that the elvis logo was designed with that 1979 design in mind.

pg2_patriots_uniwatch_576.jpg

Found over at reddit made by user AgentBarcode

GGufzqM.jpg

I sometimes miss the old red and whites so this is really an awesome concept to me. Best of both worlds since we didn't have a winning tradition until we got Flying Elvis...

Add Pat onto the shoulders (or move the numbers to the shoulders and have Pat on the sleeves) of that uni and it's pretty much perfect.

Leave the home jerseys alone, but bring back the silver aways.

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Pat the Patriot, reminds me of where we have been and how lucky we are right now..

Pat Patriot on silver helmet looks not bad at all, but my nr.1 choice would be to see the Pats playing some games with Pat the Patriot on the helmet, white throwbacks and red paints

Pat Patriot is a beloved but static historical piece. Please let it live on in memory and on throwback days.

Their current look is just fine. The Elvis-on-White does look bush league and should just not be explored any further. By the way, my guess is that on the way to the present look, that helmet was "the helmet" at some point, but just needed something less blah.

Just make the helmet parchment yellow and have the words of the US constitution printed around it. Then we could accuse other teams of not caring about the constitution if their guys didn't respectfully stand still to read it word for word...

I don't know why so many people hate on the silver an blue striped jerseys. They were the best. Bush league my ass.

I don't know why so many people hate on the silver an blue striped jerseys. They were the best. Bush league my ass.

The thing is, they woulda looked great without the ghost stripes. Who's idea was that? Everybody was squinting at the tv screen saying,"Whaa? Am I seeing things or do I notice vague vertical stripes on the blue jerseys? Or is the reception screwed up? Why'd they screw up a cool look with freaking rugby stripes?"
It's like they were trying to put one over one everyone. "Yes, we like the stripes, but most people won't, so we'll kinda sneak 'em on there without anybody really noticing."
That jersey woulda been classic if they'd only kept it solid blue. The huge Elvii draped over the shoulders were so gaudily in-your-face. That ruled.

Man, yer avatar kills me every time. It's so tarty. I gotta start posing like that just to screw with people.

Just looks kinda d-leaguish, current uniform just looks really sharp and professional. Pats road whites are easily the best in the league.

The thing is, they woulda looked great without the ghost stripes. Who's idea was that? Everybody was squinting at the tv screen saying,"Whaa? Am I seeing things or do I notice vague vertical stripes on the blue jerseys? Or is the reception screwed up? Why'd they screw up a cool look with freaking rugby stripes?"
It's like they were trying to put one over one everyone. "Yes, we like the stripes, but most people won't, so we'll kinda sneak 'em on there without anybody really noticing."
That jersey woulda been classic if they'd only kept it solid blue. The huge Elvii draped over the shoulders were so gaudily in-your-face. That ruled.

Man, yer avatar kills me every time. It's so tarty. I gotta start posing like that just to screw with people.

I really like both of those colors (I didnt mind the stripes either. The lettering typeset did suck however). The should have an alternate jersey of the modern style with that blue instead. That would kick ass!

I do like the current jersey, but having cool alternates would be nice also.

hey, Pewster....I think I might change my avatar to Phillippe in Start the Revolution Without Me....whaddya think?

0.jpg

Gene Wilder's best scene - YouTube

Yeah, that's pretty narcissistically (<whew lol.) tarty. Know watcha get wen u mix that male dandy image with Rock? Steve Priest of The Sweet. Tally-freaking-ho!

Attachments

• sc0022cf7a.jpg
    sc0022cf7a.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 40

but some nitwit in design will probably do a skewed fan poll and come up with white shirt and pants with day glo pink numbers and baby blue helmets...

Did you see my joke that the NFL is ready for a hot pink uniform scheme and I think the Jets would be perfect?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back