PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Awesome Kevin Faulk article sounds like sendoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite memories of Kevin will always be the 2009 playoff loss against Baltimore....

With the team down by 24 in the second quarter,it seemed that only Faulk was the guy who tried desperately to gather the team and get them to wake up from thier slumber and at least make the game competitive,you could see him huddle the offense and yell at them to get their act together....even Brady seemed to be off his normal routine that game but Faulk came to play.

It was a devastating loss but Kevin was special in the defeat.

Last edited:
Remember when i got his autograph as a kid and meeting him..love this guy

One of my favorite memories of Kevin will always be the 2009 playoff loss against Baltimore....

With the team down by 24 in the second quarter,it seemed that only Faulk was the guy who tried desperately to gather the team and get them to wake up from thier slumber and at least make the game competitive,you could see him huddle the offense and yell at them to get their act together....even Brady seemed to be off his normal routine that game but Faulk came to play.

Good call. And then he separated his shoulder (or something like that) and his arm was dangling and STILL he tried to go into the game. I was watching the game on my laptop in bed in China and was yelling "get him out of there!" I was worried for his safety.

That one and the same year against NO the Saints Darren Sharper lit Faulk up and it was borderline dirty. Faulk hops up without a word but he can see him check the number. The next time he gets the ball he finds Sharper and runs him over and hops up and taps him on the helmet and he and Sharper shared a moment of respect. That's the way you handle it. No smack talk BS. He puts a lick on you put a harder one on him.

Clutch. Pure clutch. Back in the day before we went all Moss centric and won all those close low scoring BIG games. Kevin was always there in the exact right place for Brady and after the catch made those juke moves gaining the extra yards. Not a pure finesse guy, he'd take on the defenders squeezing out that needed extra 1st down yard. Love his attitude. Everything exemplifying a true Patriot to the core. I get emotional just writing this. I just hope that I too am not turning gay for him like Patjew in post # 9.

Welcome......

Today's article on Addai also quotes Ridley speaking of Faulk in the past tense and so on. :(

Faulk was on Sports Hub this morning and so well spoken and professional.

They asked him if the Patriots owed him for his years of service and he said it's a business they don't owe anybody anything. I'll just keep on training and staying in shape and if they need me I'll be there.

Sounds like a wink-wink with Bill.

They asked him about Gronks contract and he said it was a great deal for both and what a hard worker he is. They asked if he wanted to see what Gronk might buy which all his money and Faulk replied with, We used to have Manny being Manny and lets just say what Gronk buys will be Gronk just being Gronk, LMAO.

They asked about coaching and he said he would consider it. They asked about the media and also said if it was the right situation. I think he would be great in either position.

One of my friends (whom is actually a fellow, obsessed Pats fan) absolutely hates Kevin Faulk. The funny thing is that it's based entirely on one play. He said he'll NEVER get over it.

That play was during the 2002 season during a home loss to Green Bay. Brady threw a "screen pass" to Kevin that he did not come up with. Apparently Faulk just stood around while an aware Green Bay player ran across the field to recover the "lateral" to record the turnover.

I, however, do not share the same feelings as my friend. I love Kevin Faulk. However I did hold a similar grudge (except a short lived one) against David Givens. Like my friend's Faulk grudge it was based on one play, and oddly enough during the same season. In 2002 you may recall that we suffered a devastating home loss to Chad Pennington and the Jets. In that critical game Brady threw a long bomb that fell right into rookie David Givens lap. The poor guy couldn't come up with it. I held a grudge against him until the 2003 playoffs. In fact, I eventually became a big fan of his. So unlike my friend, I CAN GET OVER IT.

They asked about coaching and he said he would consider it. They asked about the media and also said if it was the right situation. I think he would be great in either position.

Perhaps he could coach the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back