PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Away Game ticket help

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSUPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I was hoping some of you guys could give me some information on away game tickets. I've never been to a Pats game before andI want to try to take my Dad to the Jacksonville game for Christmas and I was wondering whats the best place to find good tickets at reasonable prices. I know tickets get cheaper as the game gets closer, but I obviously do not want to wait til the last minute since its a Christmas gift. Any information you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has been to Alltel stadium, what's your thought on it? Is it a good experience? Is the view good from pretty much anywhere? Thanks for the help.

FSUPatsFan said:
Hey everyone! I was hoping some of you guys could give me some information on away game tickets. I've never been to a Pats game before andI want to try to take my Dad to the Jacksonville game for Christmas and I was wondering whats the best place to find good tickets at reasonable prices. I know tickets get cheaper as the game gets closer, but I obviously do not want to wait til the last minute since its a Christmas gift. Any information you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has been to Alltel stadium, what's your thought on it? Is it a good experience? Is the view good from pretty much anywhere? Thanks for the help.

I hate to sound like a shill for stubhub but I've used it more than a few times with no problems and minimal hassles.(I know I'm due but so far....)
http://www.stubhub.com/jacksonville-jaguars-tickets/?event_id=280747

I think your biggest hassle will be getting plane tickets, being that it is so close to Christmas. This year with 12/24 and 12/31 being Sundays, there are a lot more tickets available lower the price..........

FSUPatsFan said:

I've always stayed away from StubHub because of their ticket broker pricing. Ebay is your best bet, that's where I get my away game tix. Otherwise, you might want to try Ticketmaster now and then as sometimes tickets are released for sale by the team. I was at the Pats Super Bowl in Jacksonville. It's a large generic stadium, try to steer clear of the upper deck, anywhere else should give you a good view.

You could try looking at Craig's List and see what people are asking for tickets. My girlfriend was able to snag Packers Patriots tickets in Lambeau. The guy we bought from was a ticket agent and everything was very secure. Or there's always eBay.

Last edited:
I've been to Alltell, it is only two hours away. First off try the Jags website, I think the game is sold out, but you never know. Also go into the messageboard on the Jags site, they allow their season ticket holders to post ticket sales there. Being as the game is going to be played on Christmas Eve, I'm guessing that some of them are going to be out of town, as we all know, nobody is actually FROm Florida, they just moved there.

If you are going to stay in Jacksonville, I sugguest the Hyatt (It used to be the Adam's Mark), it is walking distance to both the stadium, and Jacksonville Landing (where the bars/rest/Hooters are), there is also a watertaxi that will take you across the river and will even drop you off at the stadium.
I stayed at the Hyatt last week and it was crawling with Jet fans, saying how they were going to beat the Jags.

I got tickets two days ago on the Jags website- as of then, the game was NOT sold out! I've had the opposite experience as Tunescribe- all the tickets I've gotten from stubhub have been at face or below with no fees- a far sight better than ticketmaster!!

Jax has no public transit to speak of, so your best bet is to stay down town. Traffic isn't too bad in town on game day, but you have to pay to park and price goes up the closer you get to the stadium.

Here are some links to messageboards for the Jags:

http://www.jagnation.com/index.php?...rum&f=22&sid=82e2039d74abe328c4e12c565bf18a16

http://classifieds.jacksonville.com/

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/tix/

and as mentioned Ebay and Stubhub. The safest way to buy from a season ticket holder or someone selling tickets on a site like this is to have them send the tickets C.O.D. I have season tickets to the Jags and have sold most of my tickets through these sites and sent them C.O.D, it works well and it protects both parties.

Thanks for all the info. I couldn't believe they had some available on the Jags site. I picked a couple up and am very pleased. It'll be both mine and my father's first Patriots game. I'm excited to say the least.

That's AWESOME!! Congrats on the tickets. I am also attending my first Patriots game this year... At Green Bay!! I've seen a bunch of 49ers games at the Stick, and a game in Oakland, but my first Patriots game being in Green Bay. :eek:

Does anyone know about tailgates? I'd like to get in on one, but I'm from California... not Wisconsin, and I don't really know anyone. I just want to be around other Patriots fans...

My next game... next year in Dallas. My parents live in Dallas, so I could probably get tickets from them. The year after that, the Pats are coming to San Francisco AND Oakland. So I get to see 2 games! :D

FSUPatsFan said:
Thanks for all the info. I couldn't believe they had some available on the Jags site. I picked a couple up and am very pleased. It'll be both mine and my father's first Patriots game. I'm excited to say the least.

What section are they in? I will be in section 240.

mgcolby said:
What section are they in? I will be in section 240.

I'll be pretty close to you. Section 243, Row DD

FSUPatsFan said:
I'll be pretty close to you. Section 243, Row DD
Cool, maybe in the middle of December we can try and put together a tailgate with some other Pats fans that will be making the trek down there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back