PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Avery Johnson picks Pierce for 09 MVP

eric5280

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Avery Johnson picks Pierce for 09 MVP on NBA Shoot Around yesterday before the Spurs/Suns game.

Surprised at that prognostication to say the least. The other funny bit is that the other guys Stuart Scott and Jon Barry picked Kobe and CP3. Nobody picked LeBron.

Love Pierce but I got to go 1) James 2) CP3 and 3) Kobe for MVP front runners.

No way Pierce wins MVP. He will have a tough enough time being team MVP never mind NBA MVP.

I don't know, I think he should be in the conversation this year. Remember, last year he outplayed Kobe and LeBron in the playoffs. I think alot of people remember Kobe going off in the first half(can't remember which game), then Pierce asking to guard Kobe and shutting him down for the rest of the game. This off season, national analysts were discussing whether Pierce is a first Ballot hall of famer, not if he will go to the hall of fame. He has alot of respect right now.

Oh, and he just outplayed Lebron in their first matchup this year. The man came to camp at 225, 15 pounds below last years playing weight. Supposedly, he is in excellent shape. Don't sleep on Pierce this year.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back