PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Average Running Game, Average WR's...What Do You Expect From Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I mean come on. People ignore the fact that our running game is made up of also rans. Brady cant do it alone. Brady needs soemone at RB that will make teams really respect the run.
No on schemes to take away our runnign game, there normal defensive front can handle that. Now with Moss gone they scheme to take away the underneath as we have no real deep threat. Brady is again leading an offense that isnt hard for defenses to prepare for.

It's getting easier and easier for teams to stop their offense. And Welker has disappeared this season.

If the defense doesn't get a bunch of turnovers with good field position or the opposition beating themselves, it's very difficult for the Pats to score.

Welker has been basically mediocre since Randy left.They double team him because no one else can make big plays.

It's getting easier and easier for teams to stop their offense. And Welker has disappeared this season.

If the defense doesn't get a bunch of turnovers with good field position or the opposition beating themselves, it's very difficult for the Pats to score.
I know he's coming off the knee injury and don't want to minimize that, but I'm starting to believe in the "Moss made Welker" theory.

"What Do You Expect From Brady"?

How about not throwing the ball to the receiver's feet?

Philip Rivers threw 4 TDs today to the likes of some guy named tutu, patrick crayton and Randy McMichael. Brady needs to be more accurate. But there were so many problems today, I'm not focusing on Brady.

I know he's coming off the knee injury and don't want to minimize that, but I'm starting to believe in the "Moss made Welker" theory.
Welker is not going to beat anybody one on one. Now that he's the #1 WR, it's easy to take him out of the game.

Even when Brady had all day, he missed. I seem to recall him winning 3 championships with average RBs and WRs.

This. There were at least 4 passes that were at the feet of receivers, one too low for even Woody. I'm a huge Brady fan, but he didn't play his best game today. Either he wasn't making good throws or him and the receivers are out-of-sync and not seeing the same things out there. Either way, I expect Tom to play much better against Pittsburgh.

Didn't we win 3 Superbowls with Average WR's

That has a lot to do with his footwork.

It's probably due to his injury, but his throws have become flat-footed and all arm and no legs.

I'm probably the only one that has noticed this.

Last edited:
Philip Rivers threw 4 TDs today to the likes of some guy named tutu, patrick crayton and Randy McMichael. Brady needs to be more accurate. But there were so many problems today, I'm not focusing on Brady.

I'd much rather have their receiving corps

The Pats have a couple midgets/route runners, a guy with club hands and some rookie tight ends

Letting Moss go is looking worse and worse

I would not say that Moss made Welker, but a legit deep threat LIKE Moss makes it a lot easier for him. He used to be the lesser of 2 evils for defenses, now he's the biggest evil for defenses to focus on. I know people were all giddy that this offense was suddenly some magical offense that would always just win, but that was never the case. They need the defense to give them enough chances to claw their way. Brady will NOT make many mistakes, but it's tough to score with a mediocre running back, no deep threat and dare I say an average OC. It's that much harder when your talent on offense is so young and they have as many drops as they've been having.

Last edited:
Brady has played with far less and has gotten better results. He just had a putrid game today along with the defense and a couple of rookie mistakes. The comparisons to the dynasty teams that were picking up steam never should have never began in the first place. Now, hopefully, they stop.

Our running game was also better in those SB years. Corey Dillion years certainly. Even A. Smith is better then what we hav enow. And one cant forget that our defense also was allot better on those teams. Gronk doesnt fumble and a couple WR's catch the passes and its a different story on offense.

Believe it or not if you watch the Colts, Peytn misses open passes to Wayne and the other WR's. He throws soem low and high too.

San Diego has a running game

I told people even back in '07 that Welker gets a TON of help from Randy and wouldn't be anywhere near as effective without him drawing double+ teams. When they traded Randy, I knew this offense would struggle and teams could game plan against the underneath stuff. I saw this coming from a mile away. The ONLY way to get this offense working again is if Tate steps up and becomes a legit #1 deepthreat, but we have seen nothing yet to suggest he can do that.

The lack of a running game or lack of commitment to the running game is slowing the New England Patriots offense.

Brady has played with far less and has gotten better results. He just had a putrid game today along with the defense and a couple of rookie mistakes. The comparisons to the dynasty teams that were picking up steam never should have never began in the first place. Now, hopefully, they stop.

Yes sir, agree completely :agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back