PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Available LB's in FA....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Sam Cowart is available.

no thanks. I think he was available last year, too. D O N E.

danny clark

Given how long it takes vets to pick up our system the waiver wire ain't gonna hel.

Chad Brown after week 1.

Patience.

Im not as worried as I was before, I think Junior will fill in on 1st and 2nd downs to be that run stuffer that beisel never could be, I also think Tedy will be back for week 1 Ive read reports at bostonherald that he'l be ready, and even if hes not I have no doubt we could still take buffalo without him. I think were gonan resign chad brown once he heals up then were good to go.

I like Danny Clark as an option. Can/does he play S/T's?

patsox23 said:
I like Danny Clark as an option. Can/does he play S/T's?

i agree danny clark would be pretty nice add

pats1 said:
Chad Brown after week 1.

Patience.
Agh you beat me too it.

Probably a verbal agreement to be brought back at some point in time.

Carrying 8 DL, we have more leeway to go 4-3, Clark would be worth a look.

ok, I'm embarassed, what's a danny clark?

p8ryts said:
ok, I'm embarassed, what's a danny clark?

A Raider LB cut today who had almost 100 tackles in 2004 and 82 in 2005 before being demoted by Art Shell.

Danny Clark would be a good addition to the Pats, IMHO.

I am confident that if the Pats brains feel that LB is an area which could use some help they will take the necessary steps to secure it.

I agree with regard to taking a shot with Danny Clark. He's also a pretty good Ster.
-----------------------
Add Clark and Chad Brown in a couple of weeks and the roster is much stronger (as much as can be by replacing player 52 and 53)

Does anyone have a link to Danny Clark's info, e.g.: ht., wt., 40-time, 225-press, year drafted, wonderlic, etc.? Ourlads.com already has him deleted.

Ourlads, btw, has up-to-date depth charts, is fast and easy to use.

Other LBs released, as per usatoday.com, were Ryan Riddle (also ex-raider), Jay Foreman (ex-saints), Northeastern alum Liam Ezekial (ex-bills); Ryan LaCasse traded from ravens to dolts (too bad). Otherwise, not really a whole lot, esp. run-stuffing, TJ-types.

Lotsa WRs, on the other hand. Me to FO: claim Mike Hass!!!

Rocky Boiman who was released from the Cowboys is another option.

From Scouts:
Rocky Boiman
Born: January 24, 1980
Cincinnati, OH
Height: 6-4
Weight: 236 lbs.

Pos: LB
Experience: 5 years
College: Notre Dame
Drafted: Year:2002 Round:4 Pick:35, Titans

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Comment:
He is a good overall athlete for the position - good speed and foot quickness. Shows good play speed and range to make plays out around the numbers. Good feel in coverage - good read, react and break on the ball. Does a good job as a pass rusher - good burst to finish from blitz. Overall, he is a solid backup with good playing intangibles. He is a player that can come in and give solid reps at any of the three LB spots and is a good special teams performer.

Clark info.

Danny Clark
Born: May 9, 1977
Blue Island, IL
Height: 6-2
Weight: 245 lbs.
Experience: 6 years
College: Illinois

TACK 113.0 | FF 0 | INT 0
Profile Stats Splits Game Log News Scouting

Comment:
Can play with a mean streak - will unload on unsuspecting receivers coming across the middle of the field on shallow crossing routes. He is a high motor player - hustles to the ball. He is a tackle to tackle player that takes good run fills. He will close forward from zone when they QB checks the ball down to his RB out of the backfield. He is a disruptive blitzer. He is a solid tackler inside the box. The biggest negative with him is his lack of speed and play range. He does not make plays outside the numbers. He looks stiff trying to play in space. Good awareness from zone drops but lacks the foot speed to matchup M/M. He does have some value on special teams from a toughness standpoint.

Clark, Boiman and this guy are all worth a look.

Colby Bockwoldt
Born: April 14, 1981
Odgen, UT
Height: 6-1
Weight: 237 lbs. Age: 25
Experience: 3 years
College: Brigham Young
Drafted: Year:2004 Round:7 Pick:39, Saints

TACK 80.0 | FF 0 | INT 0
Profile Stats Splits Game Log News Scouting

Comment:
He has good acceleration and a good closing burst to the ball. He has good upper body strength and he is a strong tackler. He does not miss many tackles where he gets his hands on the ball carrier. He plays with a high level of energy and he has above average recognition skills. He shows his inexperience when he gets into the box in the run game. He lacks timing and explosiveness in taking on blocks. He plays with good leverage and he gets under the pads of the blocker but he doesn't use his hands to dis engage and he tends to lean on the blocker.

Ryan Riddle
Born: July 5, 1981
Los Angeles, CA
Height: 6-2
Weight: 260 lbs. Age: 25
Experience: 2 years
College: California
Drafted: Year:2005 Round:6 Pick:38, Raiders

Comment:
Is a late-bloomer with very good quickness. Is an above average athlete with adequate-to-good speed. Shows a nose for the ball as a pass rusher and run defender. Has very good anticipation skills. Is a smooth pass rusher with good COD skills. Must improve his bulk and lower body strength. Will get pushed around too much when reached by bigger OL.

Good special teams player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye