PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Available free agents not drafted

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty ironic that Snake Eyes, of all dubious characters, would "like" Brother Maine's explosion, there, considering that he is THE most notorious Inventor of Other's Opinions AROUND here!!
jester.gif

Although you ARE giving him a run for'is money, Brother Toys, old dog!!
jester.gif

GOD, I love this Thread!! :D

You're a good guy OTG...a little eccentric (respectfully), but I think you like it that way :rocker:

Thank you I think.

One must realize this forum is for pleasure and amusement. The irony is the contest to see who can yell the loudest on a silly internet post to gain the most attention.

I have been wrong many times but I have been absolutely correct as well.

My whole silly point was that I thought Tate was replaceable and perhaps a kid like Maehl could be better served as that replacement. Read my posts... it was not in stone.

I am sure the defense of Tate was heartfelt by those who enjoy his performances.
DW Toys

Good point, DW. For all of the times you have been 'wrong,' there have been many where you have been 'right' too. Most of the time, like anything else, the truth lies in the middle.

---------

As far as Tate goes, we have to all pretty much agree on giving him more time. As Maine Man pointed out, there have been many WR's who take a couple-few yrs to develop. As long as we see continued progress, I hope he stays and ends up a great asset. Now, if he takes a step or two back this yr, that may be a different story.

I just think it's too early one way or another, and would likely stick up for him on either extreme side of the debate (as of his 'current' situation).

You're a little slow on the uptake, today, Fly, old dog. ;)

Read above, and try again. :snob:

I know, I know. I'm just messing with you both. I didn't mean to insinuate a 'battle,' I'm just trying to get you both to laugh.

Love and respect to both--as always:)

I know, I know. I'm just messing with you both. I didn't mean to insinuate a 'battle,' I'm just trying to get you both to laugh.

Love and respect to both--as always:)

And to you, sir. :cool:

It's pretty ironic that Snake Eyes, of all dubious characters, would "like" Brother Maine's explosion, there, considering that he is THE most notorious Inventor of Other's Opinions AROUND here!!
jester.gif

Although you ARE giving him a run for'is money, Brother Toys, old dog!!
jester.gif

GOD, I love this Thread!! :D

Thank you I think.

See, I think it's actually kind of frightening that you took that as a compliment. :eek:

*Off Topic: Forgive me if this's already been asked and answered...But why in the name of God do you SIGN your posts??

You do realize that every single post is already ID'd...don't you?? :confused:

Professor Da Bruinz roughly-Adverb

Tate's best year receiving was 25 and 5 TDs. Let's be generous and add Tate's 6 ST TD's for his whole N.C. career to boost his best year. That gives us 11 TDs.

Tate also tore his ACL in the fith game of his senior season when he was on pace for 1100+ yards receiving and 10 receiving touchdowns while still beasting it on kick returns.

Hey if your in love with Tate I respect that.
DW Toys

If you are standing atop the South Pole, a guy standing a yard away from you is, by default, north of you. But that doesn't mean that he's standing on the North Pole.

This is what you apparently don't understand. Or don't want to understand.

Glad to see you're alive and well, Brother Maine!! I was afraid you'd burst a blood vessel, last night!!
jester.gif

Glad to see you're alive and well, Brother Maine!! I was afraid you'd burst a blood vessel, last night!!
jester.gif

Sorry that my Howard Beale moment was tacked on to your post - I didn't realize that yours was intended as snark.

In any case, at the time it seemed like I'd utterly failed to make myself clear and that raising my voice was appropriate. That was, of course, the same mistake that many others make when attempting to communicate with the deaf.

Sorry that my Howard Beale moment was tacked on to your post - I didn't realize that yours was intended as snark.

In any case, at the time it seemed like I'd utterly failed to make myself clear and that raising my voice was appropriate.

That was, of course, the same mistake that many others make when attempting to communicate with the deaf.

Nice!!
jester.gif

If you are standing atop the South Pole, a guy standing a yard away from you is, by default, north of you. But that doesn't mean that he's standing on the North Pole.

This is what you apparently don't understand. Or don't want to understand.

You do not have to explain. You like the kid. Leave it at that. I think he is a JAG. I will leave it at that.
Your are not going to change my opinion or those that perhaps can see an alternative as a WR. You can feed me stats(and I thank you but at least you do the work while Dabruiz orders people to do his work for him. It's hysterical because he suckers many to do just that) but the eyeball test is sour. This is all and has been all IMO. I can't make myself clearer.
DW Toys

#108 ~ RS ~ DeAndre McDaniel ~ 6.0/216

780678044.jpg

Rover Back.

I don't think it's possible for me to come across as objective about DeAndre McDaniel.

His Long Speed is what most analysts dog him about: 4.63 "40" at the Combine. The prevailing "wisdom", of course, is that that time speaks to limited Range, and will compromise his ability to become an effective Safety at the Pro level.

My thinking is that very few of the alleged experts who cite that alleged wisdom could quote Rodney Harrison's "40" time.

So much for the crippling effects of a 4.63 "40".

More to the point, DeAndre McDaniel plays fast. I will put his Processing Speed and Diagnostic Skills up against any Safety in this Draft Class. His raw cerebral talent is outstanding, and his Instincts are phenomenal, but both pale in comparison to his relentless and implacable dedication to reading Game Tape, to analyzing, to training...in short: to his pursuit of mastering this Great Game.

He has explosive Verticity ~ his ability to Turn + Burn Fast + Fluidly is amazing. Combined with his extraordinary Diagnostic Skills and Processing Speed, he has forged an utterly fascinating ability to anticipate where the play is headed ~ to consistently be that vital, critical, absolutely devastating half step ahead of everyone else.

He navigates Traffic with exceptional skill, surprising Speed, and relentless Fury: He is terrifying, out there!!

And he arrives with all the rage of HELL: This is a guy who genuinely LOVES to blast people!! He plays this Game with a GREAT deal of Ferocity and Passion. And yet this is a guy who tackles with consistently disciplined technique: a sure, wrap up tackler. I find that combination of traits ~ Ferocity and Discipline ~ VERY rare.

And he's a tremendous team mate, as well: Very disciplined in sticking to assignments, yet this is no small minded "Not My Section" Prima Donna. Quite the opposite. The very instant that it's clear that the ball's not coming his way, he immediately heads the ball's way...and often an half second ahead of everyone else. Again: his instincts, his Diagnostic Skills, and his Processing Speed...are astonishing.

On top of all that, he's got a Sixth Sense for the FootBall, tremendous anticipation of it trajectory, exceptional timing of his leaps, and enormous hands. It's no coincidence that he's racked up 12 Interceptions, the last two years.

This is an exceptional young man, a guy who has worked his way forward from an awful childhood, who made some mistakes in college...and who has emerged as an Honor Roll student, a team Captain, and an amazing, inspiring Leader.

#129 ~ CB ~ Ryan Jones ~ 5.11/200

166770679.jpg

Ryan Jones brings an absolutely outstanding fusion of skills to this Great Game: Terrific Long Speed, exceptional Quickness, superior Fluidity, and tremendous Verticity ~ Turn + Burn ability. He's Instinctive, he's Strong, and he's got a well established talent for sniffing out the FootBall and creating TurnOvers.

And he's an aggressive Run Defender who hits hard and often.

He's raw and untrained, as can be expected, coming out of an obscure school, but that's nothing that can't be rapidly overcome when he gets profressional training.

This kid has #1 Corner potential written all over him, yet he's projected to go in the Late Rounds!!

#154 ~ OT ~ Willie "Fresh Prince" Smith ~ 6.5/310

161129007.jpg

Willie Smith brings a stunning blend of Anchoring Power, Sustainable Leverage, Fluidity, Lateral Agility, and Range to the table.

His fusion of Athleticism + Power at the Point of Attack is astonishing.

He's raw as hell, of course.

But Willie Smith, for my money, has multiple Pro Bowl Potential.

And he is currently projected for the 7th Round.

Let Coach Dante put this kid's explosive natural skills to work, and could become exceptional.

#159 ~ OT ~ David Mims ~ 6.8/330

950420222.jpg

One of the most fascinating aspects of this Great Game, is how I continue to watch men ~ Professionals ~ who know, literally, THOUSANDS of times more than me about this Great Game...make UNFATHOMABLE mistakes.

Talent evaluation is subjective, of course, and it is somewhere therein that the paradox lies.

I rank David Mims as the #2 O Tackle in this entire Draft Class.

And yet his current Estimated Draft Position is on the fringe of the 7th Round!!

And this...in a year where the O Tackle Draft Class is awful.

David Mims commands an astonishing fusion of Mastodonic Power and utterly shocking Athleticism. On tape, last year, he displayed obscene Fluidity + Agility for a 350 Pound man.

And on Pro Day he was down to 330.

He is raw as ALL get out: The man did not even have the benefit of a LINE Coach, much less a Strength + Conditioning Coach at Virginia Union. His Technique needs a lot of work.

But this kid ~ mark my words ~ has 10 Pro Bowl + Hall of Fame Potential.

#169 ~ RB ~ Graig Cooper ~ 5.10/205

239389196.jpg

I am not particularly rational about Graig Cooper.

I think he brings an amazing Fusion of Fluidity, Lateral Velocity, Processing Speed, and flat out Ferocity to the Game.

FEROCITY.

I'm telling ya: The man runs angry.

If I had to, I would cement off my 53rd Roster spot for a year, in order to let him complete the healing, but not let him get away. Would he be able to recapture his Game, if one GM or Coach was that smart??

Frankly, I think SO.

If somebody is smart, they remember that it ALWAYS takes 18 months to Take It Through The Gears and get back up to 100% Operational Capacity, following a devastating injury...and then they scoop up Cooper on Day 3, and just ROCK with him for the next decade.

#193 ~ TE ~ Will Yeatman ~ 6.6/270

178006194.jpg

Will Yeatman, in my view, has more Up Side than any classical ~ 90% Blocking/10% Receiving ~ Tight End in this Class.

He is raw as hell, but he is the prototypical size for the job, and he commands astonishing athleticism.

Will Yeatman is a ferocious Blocker who commands great natural dexterity ~ honed through years of playing LaCrosse!! ~ and who has only just tasted his incipient Navigational Liquidity in running the Route Tree.

He commands nothing less than All Pro Potential as a mauling, crushing traditional Tight End...and with surprising Agility and Instincts as a Receiver!!

And yet he projects as a Free Agent.

God Bless America.

#204 ~ WB ~ Brett Brackett ~ 6.6/250

354140032.jpg

Brett Brackett is raw as hell, a guy who would, in fact, need to be a Wide Receiver Conversion. He's not particularly fast, either out of the Blocks or DownField, but he's an excellent Navigator, a natural Receiver, and very, very Instinctive and Savvy: As a former QuarterBack, he knows how to Work the Field.

What really excites me, though, is his ferocity as a Blocker and his absolutely selfless dedication to his mates, so rare in a Wide Out.

His speed would seem to limit him as a vertical Wing End kind of guy, but I think he has the potential to be a phenomenal developmental Wing Back.

#225 ~ PB ~ Mario Fannin ~ 5.10/230

128041861.jpg

Power Back.

Oh man do I LOVE this kid:

Explosion.

Fluidity.

Lateral Velocity.

A punishing Runner.

Not only that, but he is a crushing Blocker, and a deadly Receiver.

Sure, he runs too high, and his Navigational Skills need work.

He is by NO means a lock to succeed.

But, my GOD.

Marion Fannin could end up being a demolishing Weapon.

And he might not even get drafted.

Here's hoping we wait late, and then POUNCE on this kid.

#231 ~ UT ~ Colby WhitLock ~ 6.2/300

645533893.jpg

Under Tackle.

Explosive Launch.

Violent Hands.

Agility.

Great Instincts.

Outstanding Diagnostic Skills.

Exceptional Processing Speed.

Don't ask ME why he's projected as a Free Agent.

I have NO idea.

I think, with time and training, that Colby WhitLock could become phenomenal as our primary Sub Pack Pass Rushing Under Tackle in the 434 and the 425.

Indeed, he is far and AWAY my favorite late round candidate for that job.

Free Agent ~ DF ~ Craig Marshall ~ 6.4/275

623041208.jpg

Craig Marshall needs work on his Technique, as he plays too high too often. This is usually something that can be improved upon, however, with enough Core Strength Training and Coaching.

And he has a tremendous Frame for this Game ~ 6.5/275 with lengthy arms ~ combined with tremendous Fluidity and Lateral Agility. His Game is certainly raw, but his combination of Power, Burst, Strength, and Agility is very intriguing, and if he and the right coaching crew can harness his extraordinary set of skills, he could become a Force.

Free Agent ~ DF ~ Christian Anthony ~ 6.4/275

300225706.jpg

Flanker.

Christian Anthony had an Heart Attack ~ or something ~ last August, and there are many teams ~ perhaps all of them, for all I know ~ who will simply refuse to draft the kid. And that would be a damned shame. Because the kid has MONSTER Potential.

MIND you: there're some Red Flags: He is NOTORIOUSLY undisciplined in assignments. The interview process is particularly important with young Mister Anthony, because if I were checking him out, I'd want to question him directly about blown assignments, Free Lancing, and what his intentions are in the NFL. Ironically, it's very possible that the heart attack ~ a life changing event, if there ever was one ~ may turn out, at the end of the day, to have been a blessing in disguise, for a wake up call was certainly in order.

Christian Anthony was an absolutely spectacular player in college, and an emotional and inspiring team mate. We can only hope, first, that the heart attack was either a freak occurrence that Doctors can convincingly explain as such, or a warning to change his life style ~ IF it was behavior related ~ that he will heed, and heed well. Second, would be the hope that the process has inspired him to take inventory, as they say, and realize, among other, more celestial things, that Championship FootBall comes not from Free Lancing, but from working with 10 other men, one play at a time, which means, in the lexicon of Coach Bill Belichick: "Do Your Job."

As a prospect, Christian Anthony offers an outstanding fusion of Power, Speed, Strength, and Athleticism: He is, indeed, that rare Athlete ~ 6.4/275 ~ who can effectively Rush the Passer AND Set the Edge.

Should he check out, medically, and if he has, indeed, learned, via this life threatening wake up call, the true value of playing as part of a team for the entire game, he could forge a tremendous career.

Free Agent ~ DF ~ Marc Schiechl ~ 6.3/255

955069152.jpg

Information on Marc Schiechl is thin, but we do know this much:

1 ~ The Kirwan Explosion Index suggests that anyone who scores a 70 or more on aggregate Vertical Jump, Bench Reps, and Broad Jump has, at the very least, the raw skills to be a powerfull, powerfull Force attacking the Line of Scrimmage and the QuarterBack. And Schliechl, with 38 Bench Reps, a 35 Vertical, and a 10 Broad Jump, scored an OUTRAGEOUS 83!!

2 ~ Yes, but can he do it on the field?? Well, it's Division II, but he can't help that, now can he? And Jerry Rice was Division II, of course...How does 46 Sacks in 4 years, to set an all time D2 record, sound??

Free Agent ~ DT ~ Blaine Sumner ~ 6.1/335

827258117.jpg

Blaine Sumner rocked out no less than 52 Bench Presses at the Air Force pro day, breaking the all time Combine record of 49 which had just been set by Stephen Paea.

Sumner is a BEAST of a PowerLifter, too, who has marks of 900 pounds on the Squat, 600 pounds on the Bench, 800 pounds on the Dead Lift, and 400 pounds on the Hang Clean.

He is GODZILLA.

He is also raw as hell.

But I would LOVE to see what we could do with him.

I love Graig Cooper too -- he's a unique runner. Kind of reminds me of a running back version of Deion Branch, with great feet and fluidity. I hope we pick him up. And Fannin would be a good pickup just for the special teams potential, while Schiechl... why not? Sometimes you have to pay attention to the numbers. It's sort of like the situation with Robert Mathis -- he put up monster sack numbers in college, and why not take a chance that those stats translate?

I love Graig Cooper too -- he's a unique runner. Kind of reminds me of a running back version of Deion Branch, with great feet and fluidity. I hope we pick him up. And Fannin would be a good pickup just for the special teams potential, while Schiechl... why not? Sometimes you have to pay attention to the numbers. It's sort of like the situation with Robert Mathis -- he put up monster sack numbers in college, and why not take a chance that those stats translate?

It seems like there are more quality UDFAs this year.

#108 ~ RS ~ DeAndre McDaniel ~ 6.0/216

780678044.jpg

Rover Back.

I don't think it's possible for me to come across as objective about DeAndre McDaniel.

His Long Speed is what most analysts dog him about: 4.63 "40" at the Combine. The prevailing "wisdom", of course, is that that time speaks to limited Range, and will compromise his ability to become an effective Safety at the Pro level.

My thinking is that very few of the alleged experts who cite that alleged wisdom could quote Rodney Harrison's "40" time.

So much for the crippling effects of a 4.63 "40".

More to the point, DeAndre McDaniel plays fast. I will put his Processing Speed and Diagnostic Skills up against any Safety in this Draft Class. His raw cerebral talent is outstanding, and his Instincts are phenomenal, but both pale in comparison to his relentless and implacable dedication to reading Game Tape, to analyzing, to training...in short: to his pursuit of mastering this Great Game.

He has explosive Verticity ~ his ability to Turn + Burn Fast + Fluidly is amazing. Combined with his extraordinary Diagnostic Skills and Processing Speed, he has forged an utterly fascinating ability to anticipate where the play is headed ~ to consistently be that vital, critical, absolutely devastating half step ahead of everyone else.

He navigates Traffic with exceptional skill, surprising Speed, and relentless Fury: He is terrifying, out there!!

And he arrives with all the rage of HELL: This is a guy who genuinely LOVES to blast people!! He plays this Game with a GREAT deal of Ferocity and Passion. And yet this is a guy who tackles with consistently disciplined technique: a sure, wrap up tackler. I find that combination of traits ~ Ferocity and Discipline ~ VERY rare.

And he's a tremendous team mate, as well: Very disciplined in sticking to assignments, yet this is no small minded "Not My Section" Prima Donna. Quite the opposite. The very instant that it's clear that the ball's not coming his way, he immediately heads the ball's way...and often an half second ahead of everyone else. Again: his instincts, his Diagnostic Skills, and his Processing Speed...are astonishing.

On top of all that, he's got a Sixth Sense for the FootBall, tremendous anticipation of it trajectory, exceptional timing of his leaps, and enormous hands. It's no coincidence that he's racked up 12 Interceptions, the last two years.

This is an exceptional young man, a guy who has worked his way forward from an awful childhood, who made some mistakes in college...and who has emerged as an Honor Roll student, a team Captain, and an amazing, inspiring Leader.

#129 ~ CB ~ Ryan Jones ~ 5.11/200

166770679.jpg

Ryan Jones brings an absolutely outstanding fusion of skills to this Great Game: Terrific Long Speed, exceptional Quickness, superior Fluidity, and tremendous Verticity ~ Turn + Burn ability. He's Instinctive, he's Strong, and he's got a well established talent for sniffing out the FootBall and creating TurnOvers.

And he's an aggressive Run Defender who hits hard and often.

He's raw and untrained, as can be expected, coming out of an obscure school, but that's nothing that can't be rapidly overcome when he gets profressional training.

This kid has #1 Corner potential written all over him, yet he's projected to go in the Late Rounds!!

#154 ~ OT ~ Willie "Fresh Prince" Smith ~ 6.5/310

161129007.jpg

Willie Smith brings a stunning blend of Anchoring Power, Sustainable Leverage, Fluidity, Lateral Agility, and Range to the table.

His fusion of Athleticism + Power at the Point of Attack is astonishing.

He's raw as hell, of course.

But Willie Smith, for my money, has multiple Pro Bowl Potential.

And he is currently projected for the 7th Round.

Let Coach Dante put this kid's explosive natural skills to work, and could become exceptional.

#159 ~ OT ~ David Mims ~ 6.8/330

950420222.jpg

One of the most fascinating aspects of this Great Game, is how I continue to watch men ~ Professionals ~ who know, literally, THOUSANDS of times more than me about this Great Game...make UNFATHOMABLE mistakes.

Talent evaluation is subjective, of course, and it is somewhere therein that the paradox lies.

I rank David Mims as the #2 O Tackle in this entire Draft Class.

And yet his current Estimated Draft Position is on the fringe of the 7th Round!!

And this...in a year where the O Tackle Draft Class is awful.

David Mims commands an astonishing fusion of Mastodonic Power and utterly shocking Athleticism. On tape, last year, he displayed obscene Fluidity + Agility for a 350 Pound man.

And on Pro Day he was down to 330.

He is raw as ALL get out: The man did not even have the benefit of a LINE Coach, much less a Strength + Conditioning Coach at Virginia Union. His Technique needs a lot of work.

But this kid ~ mark my words ~ has 10 Pro Bowl + Hall of Fame Potential.

#169 ~ RB ~ Graig Cooper ~ 5.10/205

239389196.jpg

I am not particularly rational about Graig Cooper.

I think he brings an amazing Fusion of Fluidity, Lateral Velocity, Processing Speed, and flat out Ferocity to the Game.

FEROCITY.

I'm telling ya: The man runs angry.

If I had to, I would cement off my 53rd Roster spot for a year, in order to let him complete the healing, but not let him get away. Would he be able to recapture his Game, if one GM or Coach was that smart??

Frankly, I think SO.

If somebody is smart, they remember that it ALWAYS takes 18 months to Take It Through The Gears and get back up to 100% Operational Capacity, following a devastating injury...and then they scoop up Cooper on Day 3, and just ROCK with him for the next decade.

#193 ~ TE ~ Will Yeatman ~ 6.6/270

178006194.jpg

Will Yeatman, in my view, has more Up Side than any classical ~ 90% Blocking/10% Receiving ~ Tight End in this Class.

He is raw as hell, but he is the prototypical size for the job, and he commands astonishing athleticism.

Will Yeatman is a ferocious Blocker who commands great natural dexterity ~ honed through years of playing LaCrosse!! ~ and who has only just tasted his incipient Navigational Liquidity in running the Route Tree.

He commands nothing less than All Pro Potential as a mauling, crushing traditional Tight End...and with surprising Agility and Instincts as a Receiver!!

And yet he projects as a Free Agent.

God Bless America.

#204 ~ WB ~ Brett Brackett ~ 6.6/250

354140032.jpg

Brett Brackett is raw as hell, a guy who would, in fact, need to be a Wide Receiver Conversion. He's not particularly fast, either out of the Blocks or DownField, but he's an excellent Navigator, a natural Receiver, and very, very Instinctive and Savvy: As a former QuarterBack, he knows how to Work the Field.

What really excites me, though, is his ferocity as a Blocker and his absolutely selfless dedication to his mates, so rare in a Wide Out.

His speed would seem to limit him as a vertical Wing End kind of guy, but I think he has the potential to be a phenomenal developmental Wing Back.

#225 ~ PB ~ Mario Fannin ~ 5.10/230

128041861.jpg

Power Back.

Oh man do I LOVE this kid:

Explosion.

Fluidity.

Lateral Velocity.

A punishing Runner.

Not only that, but he is a crushing Blocker, and a deadly Receiver.

Sure, he runs too high, and his Navigational Skills need work.

He is by NO means a lock to succeed.

But, my GOD.

Marion Fannin could end up being a demolishing Weapon.

And he might not even get drafted.

Here's hoping we wait late, and then POUNCE on this kid.

Good stuff!
DW Toys

You do not have to explain. You like the kid. Leave it at that. I think he is a JAG. I will leave it at that.
Your are not going to change my opinion or those that perhaps can see an alternative as a WR. You can feed me stats(and I thank you but at least you do the work while Dabruiz orders people to do his work for him. It's hysterical because he suckers many to do just that) but the eyeball test is sour. This is all and has been all IMO. I can't make myself clearer.
DW Toys

You've made yourself crystal clear that you don't like Tate.

Where YOU are missing MY point is when you write, "You like the kid." I don't. Tate is simply one of the many "moving parts" in our offense. It's not a question of "like" or "dislike" for me any more than it would be a question of liking or disliking the solenoid in my truck.

Tate performed well enough as a WR in 2010 both statistically and by my eyeball test that he seems to me worth keeping as the #3WR (#4/#5 pass-catcher) and worth being given another year of actual playing time in which to try to improve. Plus he's been an excellent contributor as a KR (his specialty), providing us with "bonus FP" on many occasions, even when HE wasn't the one actually handling the kickoff.

Replacing his contributions and experience at this point would require the acquisition of an exceptional rookie - one who can step in without the benefit of off-season practices and immediately outperform Tate. AFAIK, those guys don't exactly grow on trees in the New England climate.

OR, it would require the acquisition of an exceptional established veteran - one who may need to be able to step in and play very, very well from the get-go without having had much, if any, opportunity to even glance at our playbook. Experience has shown that doesn't always go so well.

Either of these new player options would ALSO need to be able to return kicks as well as Tate has Otherwise we're either looking for yet another KR or we're getting exactly ZERO net improvement. There is simply no practical advantage to dumping Tate for any of the players - veteran or rookie - who are realistically likely to be available to us between now and whenever the season may start.

So, whether either of us like it or not, it looks like we're probably "stuck" with Tate through 2011. The real difference between us is that you appear to be greatly disturbed by this circumstance whereas I find it justifiable - for now.

You've made yourself crystal clear that you don't like Tate.

Where YOU are missing MY point is when you write, "You like the kid." I don't. Tate is simply one of the many "moving parts" in our offense. It's not a question of "like" or "dislike" for me any more than it would be a question of liking or disliking the solenoid in my truck.

Tate performed well enough as a WR in 2010 both statistically and by my eyeball test that he seems to me worth keeping as the #3WR (#4/#5 pass-catcher) and worth being given another year of actual playing time in which to try to improve. Plus he's been an excellent contributor as a KR (his specialty), providing us with "bonus FP" on many occasions, even when HE wasn't the one actually handling the kickoff.

Replacing his contributions and experience at this point would require the acquisition of an exceptional rookie - one who can step in without the benefit of off-season practices and immediately outperform Tate. AFAIK, those guys don't exactly grow on trees in the New England climate.

OR, it would require the acquisition of an exceptional established veteran - one who may need to be able to step in and play very, very well from the get-go without having had much, if any, opportunity to even glance at our playbook. Experience has shown that doesn't always go so well.

Either of these new player options would ALSO need to be able to return kicks as well as Tate has Otherwise we're either looking for yet another KR or we're getting exactly ZERO net improvement. There is simply no practical advantage to dumping Tate for any of the players - veteran or rookie - who are realistically likely to be available to us between now and whenever the season may start.

So, whether either of us like it or not, it looks like we're probably "stuck" with Tate through 2011. The real difference between us is that you appear to be greatly disturbed by this circumstance whereas I find it justifiable - for now.

Reasonable and fair enough. Thanks.
DW Toys

Good points, all, sir!!

It seems like there are more quality UDFAs this year.

Yes, I was VERY surprised!! :eek:

Good stuff!
DW Toys

Thanks, Bro!!

Professor Da Bruinz roughly-Adverb

Imprecise but close to in quantity or amount; approximately.

Hey if your in love with Tate I respect that. I hope he has a great season. I doubt it but I hope I am wrong. I said he was a mediocre WR. Please riddle me what you do not understand about that inference?

I said there might be better than Maehl. I said in my humble opinion and as example, I would have a better comfort zone throwing to Maehl on a must need play as in third down. You beg to differ. O.K. you win. I said if he were available as an UDFA I think he is worth a shot and dependable.

Maehl had 77 receptions and 12 TDs his best year in college.

Tate's best year receiving was 25 and 5 TDs. Let's be generous and add Tate's 6 ST TD's for his whole N.C. career to boost his best year. That gives us 11 TDs.

Career TDs- Maehl 24 VS Tate 16
Career Receptions-Maehl 178 VS Tate 46

I am very sorry that I basically lie and make BS claims.

You have punished me yet again Cousin DB. I bow to your superiority over me and the rest on this forum.
DW Toys

Tate had the following in 41 games:
Receiving: 46 receptions for 927 yards receiving and 8 TDs. (20.15 YPC)
Rushing: 26 carries for 294 yards rushing and 2 TDs. (11.3 YPC)
Kick Returns: 2,688 yards and 3 TDs on 109 kick returns. (24.66 YPR)
Punt Returns: 835 yards and 3 TDs on 79 punt returns. (10.57 YPR)

Maehl had the following in 51 games:
Receiving: 169 receptions for 2,178 yards and 24 TDs (12.89 YPC)
Rushing: 16 carries for 122 yards. (7.625 YPC)

Tate missed 7 games his senior year. In the 4+ games he played in, he 16 receptions for 376 yards and 3 TDs. Most people figure that if Tate hadn't gotten injured, He'd have set the KR record, have gotten the Punt return yards to break the 1000 yard mark, and may have come close to 1000 yards receiving.

I think it's patently clear why Maehl was a UDFA and got drafted last by the UFL and Tate was a 3rd round pick for the Pats.

Again, the BS Claims are you saying "If you're in love with Tate." All that I did was provide a rebuttal that used the facts you chose to ignore.

Considering that Maehl would be behind Taylor Price, the likelihood of him even being dressed for games would be next to nil. So, how would he be out there on third downs. I have more faith in Edelman that I do Maehl.

DW Toys

More BS from you. I don't tell people to "do my work for me." I tell people like you to actually defend your opinion with fact. Not just "Cause I said so" garbage.

What is sour is your eyes, not the testee. When it comes to talent evaluation, you lost all credibility when you refused to believe that Sanders wasn't even 10% as bad as you made him out to be despite BB giving him a 3 year extension at 3 mill per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back