PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AV to Cowboys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyredeemer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Patriots insider.com is reporting that if the pats don't work out a new contract with Adam, then there is a strong possibility he will be heading to swim with the tuna.

I'm sure, Parcells couldn't find a kicker to save his life last year. We can Franchise him, it just comes down to whether we want to spend $3M on him or if they prefer to use that money on someone else.

holyredeemer said:
Patriots insider.com is reporting that if the pats don't work out a new contract with Adam, then there is a strong possibility he will be heading to swim with the tuna.

Just curious, what was your first post?

scout said:
Just curious, what was your first post?

Why does it matter? Oh and since it apparantly does to you, here's his first post.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=46097#post46097

"Well, lucky for all of us, BB has the NT he believes is so important. So we just might get one or two of these OLBs that I agree, are extremely important to the success of this def. Someone goes down, who's steppin in for us? TBC? C'mon now, we need more depth."

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
I'm sure, Parcells couldn't find a kicker to save his life last year. We can Franchise him, it just comes down to whether we want to spend $3M on him or if they prefer to use that money on someone else.

Curran reports today that the team is unlikely to use the franchise tag by 4pm today - and he probably has a pretty good source on that.

That means sign him by March 3rd or lose him.

While I agree the Cowboys is a likely landing spot, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts offer him a nice deal, as they are sick of Vanderjerk's antics and chokes.

vanderjact perfect for dolts.

JoeSixPat said:
Curran reports today that the team is unlikely to use the franchise tag by 4pm today - and he probably has a pretty good source on that.

That means sign him by March 3rd or lose him.

While I agree the Cowboys is a likely landing spot, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts offer him a nice deal, as they are sick of Vanderjerk's antics and chokes.
c'mon, PLEASE, i wanna see a press conference:: "mike's made a couple mistakes, but so have we all. we're talking about the most accurate kicker in nfl history here. we're proud to announce this multiyear deal with mike. he's earned it".
oh, pleeeeease.
did you see that last kick, effin 50 feet wide!!
i still smile every time i think of iof it. the guy is toast. nobody knows it but him. and he doesn't have the integrity to turn it down and go sit on a beach somewhere.

holydiver?

Holy Diver? Great name, even better song. Sorry hope u dont think I did that to spite u or anything. This is just my xbox live gamertag on Halo 2.

I know the NFL frowns on it. But, we did it before with Adam.
Why don't we guarantee his contract 3yr/7.5m. That's 2.5m
per year. Lowers his salary technically. But, still the highest
paid kicker and it's guaranteed!! How could he turn that down?

I agree, that would be a sound way to do it and keep him, but do the pats even want him?

Ronnie James is proud of us both!

I've been calling the Cowboys "New England South" for 3 years now. Adam a Cowboy? The worlds gone mad I tell ya...... MAD! :rocker:

holyredeemer said:
I agree, that would be a sound way to do it and keep him, but do the pats even want him?

I doubt that they want Vinitieri. The Pats next year will not try to kick any field goals, and will probably settle with a committee of 3 high school kickers and keep the one who can convert 40% of the extra point attempts.

Last edited:
patsfaninpa said:
I know the NFL frowns on it. But, we did it before with Adam.
Why don't we guarantee his contract 3yr/7.5m. That's 2.5m
per year. Lowers his salary technically. But, still the highest
paid kicker and it's guaranteed!! How could he turn that down?

That's basically a three year continuation of his previous contract - and while I'm sure Adam would jump at the guaranteed salary, its been clear that the Pats don't want to do it.

They just don't seem to have a lot of faith that AV's skills won't deteriorate at some point in the contract.

Do you guys honestly think the Pats haven't offered Vinatieri a 3-year deal in the $2.5 million range? Since they were already paying him that guaranteed in 2005, they would have been stupid to not make an effort to do a long term deal in that range. Keep Vinatieri and lower his cap number starting last year. It's a no-brainer.

I suspect that the reason a deal hasn't gotten done is that Vinatieri has been busting their balls on a multi-year deal in the $3 million per range -- or a deal that offers no protection to the Pats down the road if his production tails off.

I personally think Vinatieri is making a big mistake if he leaves New England over a couple hundred grand a year. He has a ton of post-football equity in this market that he will kiss goodbye if he walks. But, it's his decision.

hwc said:
I personally think Vinatieri is making a big mistake if he leaves New England over a couple hundred grand a year. He has a ton of post-football equity in this market that he will kiss goodbye if he walks. But, it's his decision.

And that's exactly why he shouldn't walk. My worst nightmare:Down by 2 and someone like Jose Cortez lining up to kick the game winner against Indy. This is a team that NEEDS a clutch kicker.

groundgame said:
I doubt that they want Vinitieri. The Pats next year will not try to kick any field goals, and will probably settle with a committee of 3 high school kickers and keep the one who can convert 40% of the extra point attempts.

Wow, that was brilliant. BRILLIANT! I am just saying that there are other kickers out there that are going to be available, and not cost so much money for the team. But hey, who knows. Wouldnt it be cool if they never kicked a fg again? If the pats havent fully secured him yet, then that means he isnt a top priority. which then means the pats might not want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes