PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AV...going, going ..just about gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we shall see, but your right its not looking good.. Hope Adam likes kicking for a 4-12 team....He will enjoy his money...

We've discussed and debated whether or not Adam would stay or go for a while now. I know that some of that is in part to prepare all of us in the event that he does leave. While the article does in now way add to my feeling that Adam will take another offer, since so much of it is just rumors and guesses, I will say that if AV does leave, I'll still feel a bit shocked no matter how much we've talked about it in the past.

I think he's good as gone. Why? Beats the hell out of me.

Maybee its not the good ship patriots as we like to think... Truth is Bill and Scott set a value for a kicker, and if Green Bay wants to pay 4 mill a yr or 3.5 a yr, see ya adam enjoy green bay..

If he goes to GB...I think many will be shocked to see that he went there for the same or less money...just my hunch.

I just threw up in my fricken mouth!

I hate these stories with unnamed sources. I could have been Felger's source on this story..... I think the worst part of this has been all the waiting and speculation the problems with the CBA has induced. Tampa re-signed their kicker and Longwell signed with the Vikes. Who else is out there that we could sign to replace Adam??

Does anyone know if the Patriots contacted Longwell's agent? Were we involved in this at all? In Bill We Trust.............but your're KILLING me with this!

Bill's Girl said:
I just threw up in my fricken mouth!

Remember what Garth said: "If your gonna spew, spew in a cup"

Last edited:
Can anyone say...Martin Automatica Gramatica? Or else his brother Bill? You know...those idiot kickers that get all hyped up on goofballs?

Bill's Girl said:
I hate these stories with unnamed sources. I could have been Felger's source on this story.....

I totally agree. It's like an article fit for the National Enquirer. All rumors and speculation just so he can get some sort of "scoop" on everyone else if Adam signs somewhere else (which is not unlikely). So if/when that happens, he can gloat to everyone that he told them so.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Longwell is in Minny now...

I know that, I meant did we contact his agent before then. Are we looking at anyone who can kick?

I was listening to WEEI last week.....cripes maybe it was the week before. Anyway, Dale and Holley were talking about salary by position in the NFL and they said that the average salary for punters is HIGHER than it is for kickers. Does that make any sense?

That would seem to leave only three or four destinations for Vinatieri, led by Dallas and Green Bay and followed by Atlanta and Indianapolis.

If that happens put me on suicide watch.

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:
If that happens put me on suicide watch.
Indy??? THAT would not be good...suicide watch indeed....That would be very tough to swallow..

If anyone is willing to overpay a kicker its Indy.

I gotta figure the team should bend the rules a bit here. Its not like they'd be overpaying a lot. The difference between paying twice what AV is worth vs paying twice what Brady's worth is substantial. however, my faith in BB remains intact and will still remain so even if AV becomes a Dolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes