PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Autographed Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaroni1313

Rookie
Reaction score
I have an autographed football from the late 70's with about 20 signatures on it and I have thought about selling it but if I did, I wouldn't know where to start. I thought about putting it on E-Bay but once again, not sure where I should place the reserve. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

--Born a Patriots fan, Die a Patriots fan.--

Can you identify the names?

What is the condition of the ball?

Is it an official NFL football? Unfortunately the pigskin does not make for the best surface to be written on which is why they now sell balls with the slick panels where names come out much more legible and last much longer.

Ironically, one ball with numerous autographs is sometimes worth less than a single ball with one prominent auto on it. The exception is say when an entire championship teams signs a helmet.

Go ahead and post some pictures and a description (the names on it) and we can probably give you an idea of what it might sell for.

Here is the information.
The names on the football are as follows:
Sam Adams, Leon Gray, Carlos Pennywell, Steve Nelson, James McAlister, Don Westbrook, Shelby Jordan, Steve Grogan, David Posey, Harold Jackson, Tom Owen, Mel Lunsford, Ray Costict, Ray Hammel, Raymond Clayborn, Sam Cunningham, Bill Lenkaitis, Sam Hunt, Don Hasselbeck, Mike Patrick, Greg Schaum, Tim Fox, Rod Shoate, Terry Facon, John Hannah, Steve King
Mike Haynes , Stanley Morgan.

The Ball is a little flat but not bad after almost 30 years. I also have the original Wilson box and needle that came with the ball.

Attachments

• DSCN5922.JPG
    DSCN5922.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCN5925.JPG
    DSCN5925.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCN5926.JPG
    DSCN5926.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
I also have the original Wilson box and needle that came with the ball.

Cool. I could really use a new football. My buds are going to throw it around this evening.

Here is the information.
The names on the football are as follows:
Sam Adams, Leon Gray, Carlos Pennywell, Steve Nelson, James McAlister, Don Westbrook, Shelby Jordan, Steve Grogan, David Posey, Harold Jackson, Tom Owen, Mel Lunsford, Ray Costict, Ray Hammel, Raymond Clayborn, Sam Cunningham, Bill Lenkaitis, Sam Hunt, Don Hasselbeck, Mike Patrick, Greg Schaum, Tim Fox, Rod Shoate, Terry Facon, John Hannah, Steve King
Mike Haynes , Stanley Morgan.

The Ball is a little flat but not bad after almost 30 years. I also have the original Wilson box and needle that came with the ball.
considering you have a few HOF'ers on the ball I wouldn't ask for less than 1 grand...

PD.

Any recomendations on where to put it up for sale other than Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots