PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Australian fans coming to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, do they serve Samuel Adams Boston Ale at Patriots games? I hope so!

Chris
They serve the Boston Lager at the stadium, but I am not sure about the Boston Ale.

The Museum of Science and the Boston Aquarium are pretty good places to bring kids. Depending on the kid, the USS Constitution may be a good place to visit.

Another possibility (riskier though, since more is left to chance and you risk not going to the game at all):

Get on good terms with a season ticket holder or someone on the season ticket waiting list. Those people have access to the team's ticketExchange facility. That means they can buy guaranteed real tickets for 10% over face (source is tickets that season ticket holders are looking to unload and not be held responsible for how the purchasers act).

From what I've heard from people with ticketExchange access, for pretty much any game -- even the hyped ones -- one is able to get two tickets to a game. It might take until the night before the game or the morning of the game, but supposedly there's almost always a block of two tix that can be had.

The purchases are in PDF form -- so the person with ticketExchange access would have to buy them, download the PDF, and then mail the PDF to you and you'd print it out and bring the printout to the game). (Or if you were invited to hang at that person's tailgate they could hand you a printout when you hand them the $ or something like that).

Don't know how likely such a hookup would be for you, but I wanted to throw it out there because it's definitely a chance to get a pair of tickets at a good price.

Note that they really do have to trust you (payment aside) because if you misbehave with the tickets (like get in a fight or something), the person who bought tickets for you on ticketExchange could lose their season tickets or be thrown off the waiting list.

Yes. No matter the game I have always found tickets on there. And we pay face value. Not 10% above. Just a purchase fee is added so maybe that is the 10%

At $400 for nosebleeds? I would think that even with a hyped game, they wouldn't go that much higher but the potential for them to drop is a lot greater...$400 would probably be close to the ceiling for those seats..I would wait.

Get on good terms with a season ticket holder or someone on the season ticket waiting list. Those people have access to the team's ticketExchange facility.

That might be difficult. I might throw out a request for tickets on this forum as we get closer to the game date. When do tickets become available on TicketExchange?

Note that they really do have to trust you (payment aside) because if you misbehave with the tickets (like get in a fight or something), the person who bought tickets for you on ticketExchange could lose their season tickets or be thrown off the waiting list.

What have you heard about us Aussies? :D

..I would wait.

I will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes