Welcome to PatsFans.com

August, 2006: Arrogant Ex-presidential economic advisor is eating his words now

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Oct 8, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Mr. Laffer, the ex-presidential economic adviser to Reagan argues with Peter Schiff ( Peter Schiff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) that the economy is in great shape and no recession will come. However, all the points that Peter makes are pretty much 100% correct and was spot on in predicting the recession and actually says we should embrace the recession and the the recession will likely last for years.

VIDEO:
    2008 Recession & Credit Crunch Predicted 2 Years Ago | Peter Schiff on Debt & Inflated Housing Prices Web TV & Video

With Gramm and Laffer on board, McCain has the right team to finish what W started.Laffer Out Loud!
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

I've been saying the same thing here on this board for months and people get pissed off at me. No one seems to be able to get their minds around the FACT that we need recessions as much as we need booms.

Recessions are good...end of story. "Embrace it, cherish it...it's gonna make you proud someday!" Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman

Thanks for the post wes.
  3. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Jim Rogers has been saying this for 5 years, and since I joined this board all I've heard is Real World and Belichickfan roll their eyes, even now, in the face of the financial meltdown.