ATTN: Having Trouble Logging In?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I'm noticing a high number of lurkers compared to registered users and want to make sure that in the event anyone here is having trouble logging in I'll make sure you're taken care of. If you are having difficulty, please click the link below to contact me:

http://www.patsfans.com/contact/

Please include the username you registered under, along with the e-mail address you would have signed up under. I'll manually go in and fix it if necessary, but want to make sure everyone is all set.

Thanks again,

Ian

No problem for me, I just logged in. It's possible that a lot of people are just reading the board and haven't decided to post anything since the switch so they haven't logged back in. At least that's what my situation was.

Just had to re-enter my username and pass is all - though normally the site remembers me

- no problems beyond that, but I'd guess every regular user who has come by has encountered a similar issue, showing up as lurkers at least for a short while until they log in

Last edited:
The upgrade cleared or changed cookies, so I wasn't logging automatically in when wlurking (lurking when I should be working). I had to relog in, and re-tick 'remember me' on the login screen. Chances are some wlurkers can't remember their login now that the cookies cleared.

(Edit: oops. Yeah, what he said)

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
The upgrade cleared or changed cookies, so I wasn't logging automatically in when wlurking (lurking when I should be working). I had to relog in, and re-tick 'remember me' on the login screen. Chances are some wlurkers can't remember their login now that the cookies cleared.

(Edit: oops. Yeah, what he said)
I rarely used the login at the top, usually quoting someone or posting a new reply and logging in from that screen when the system asked for my authorization to post.

I am still unable to click on a smilie or quick reply. I tried to start a new thread this afternoon on the Draft forum, and after logging in, writing up the post, and clicking to preview before posting, it took me to a login screen claiming I wasn't logged in. Clicking back to try and salvage the post just took me to a login screen again.

Short replies (short time wise) seem not to bother, but any in depth reply that takes 15-20 minutes or more treats me like I'm on a secure website and timed out.

I was in for awhile, then suddenly I was out and it made me remember my password (which I haven't used in many months) to log back in. Unusual.

NEM said:
When I re-signed in, it took me to a site called "I Love Charlie Weis" ....

Your lucky mine was sent to coltsfans.com

All set now...... Thankz, Ian!

Is there any way we can change the settings to "go advanced" right away instead of first opening that little box when editing a post?

NEM said:
What little box?

That pops up where your post is when you edit a post.

Box_O_Rocks said:
I rarely used the login at the top, usually quoting someone or posting a new reply and logging in from that screen when the system asked for my authorization to post.

I am still unable to click on a smilie or quick reply. I tried to start a new thread this afternoon on the Draft forum, and after logging in, writing up the post, and clicking to preview before posting, it took me to a login screen claiming I wasn't logged in. Clicking back to try and salvage the post just took me to a login screen again.

Short replies (short time wise) seem not to bother, but any in depth reply that takes 15-20 minutes or more treats me like I'm on a secure website and timed out.

Hi Box. I'm having the same problem. If I dont log in when I first enter the message board, any long post I make is lost, or when submitted, short posts show up, but I'm logged out again.

shirtsleeve said:
Hi Box. I'm having the same problem. If I dont log in when I first enter the message board, any long post I make is lost, or when submitted, short posts show up, but I'm logged out again.

The cookie expiration time was reset to an extremely short value following the update, but I just lengthened it out where it should no longer be an issue. You may have to log out, and then log back in for it to be reset.

Let me know of any further issues.

Ian

Ian said:
The cookie expiration time was reset to an extremely short value following the update, but I just lengthened it out where it should no longer be an issue. You may have to log out, and then log back in for it to be reset.

Let me know of any further issues.

Ian
Quick reply just worked for me.:p Heh, I got smilies too! Life is goooooood!!!

Thanks, Ian!! :rocker:

Ian said:
ATTN: Having Trouble Logging In?

Looks like that problem has gone away...

Currently active users: 396 (55 members and 341 guests) :eek:

Last edited:
Seymour93 said:
Looks like that problem has gone away...

Currently active users: 396 (55 members and 341 guests) :eek:

I just shortened the cookie session time to a more reasonable number which will bring that number down to a more normal level.

Ian

If I don't check the "remember me', then leave here and actually do some work, I have to log in again.

It's been hell!

One time I logged in and it took me to a place called The Parking Lot.

I'm glad its just not me. Almost everytime I come back to Patsfans I have to re-log. Is this something that can be corrected on your end, or do I need to make some type of adjustment?

scout said:
I'm glad its just not me. Almost everytime I come back to Patsfans I have to re-log. Is this something that can be corrected on your end, or do I need to make some type of adjustment?

Yes, just click that box when you log in for the first time, and you'll stay logged in now forever until you log out. I think that was done for those of you who use the board at work who use the forum, and then have to log in and then log out everytime. With it set up the way it is now you're logged out automatically when you close your browser.

But check that box when you log in, and you'll stay logged in from now on.

Let me know if there are any further issues.

Ian

Ian said:
Yes, just click that box when you log in for the first time, and you'll stay logged in now forever until you log out. I think that was done for those of you who use the board at work who use the forum, and then have to log in and then log out everytime. With it set up the way it is now you're logged out automatically when you close your browser.

Ian
Things are working pretty well Ian, the only difference is that I still get timed out when I preview a long post, but if I just log back in instead of clicking back, it takes me to the preview. Same old, same old, you have to re-learn your job with each new boss and each software upgrade! :D

Ian said:

Ian
Ever since the change, I need to log back in after the computer has been off, even if I had checked the box last time I logged in. Didn't used to be that way before. Oh, the time period between power off and power back on is, say, 6 to 8 hours. Maybe that is > your time threshold? Not a big thing, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back