PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Attn chicken little crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradfordPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If you had watched the Cincy game last week, you would have noticed some weaknesses. Now, no one, NO ONE, thought that the Pats would dominate the way they did today but if you took a minute to stop bashing your own team, you could have seen that it was possible to pull this game out, if not keep it close.

1. Last week the Bengals went to Pittsburgh and had to play a very physical road game. Yes they won but BB and JM knew that they had been beaten up pretty good and gameplanned to be physical and wear down the Bengals' defense. It worked.

2. The Bengals gave up a lot of rushing yards last week (139?) to Parker.

3. The Pittsburgh d-line got a lot of pressure on Palmer.

4. Big Ben was able to find open guys in the seems but had several costly turnovers at big moments.

All of those things played right into the Pats' hands. They pushed the Bengals around, moved the chains with selective play calling, and got plenty of pressure on Palmer. Even early in the game when they weren't getting there, they were still making his life miserable.

Does this mean the bandwagon fans can get back on? Did you see Indy barely survive against the Jets, whom we "almost" lost too. Did you see the Vikings lose to Buffalo whom we "almost" lost too? I guess the analysts have eaten a full plate of crow on their Dolphins.
OBTW, this team will improve. Any questions?

BradfordPatsFan said:
If you had watched the Cincy game last week, you would have noticed some weaknesses. Now, no one, NO ONE, thought that the Pats would dominate the way they did today but if you took a minute to stop bashing your own team............

You sure about that dude?? Search my posts a little bit and you will See I said "We will win, going away, easier than most think", I picked 27-14. Jacky Roberts had it just about dead on and there are others, I was not alone.

Welcome back to the bandwagon everybody....

Please, do not get too high or too low about wins in Sept or Oct.

fgssand said:
You sure about that dude?? Search my posts a little bit and you will See I said "We will win, going away, easier than most think", I picked 27-14. Jacky Roberts had it just about dead on and there are others, I was not alone.

I didn't read every post that everyone has made, just summarizing the general atmosphere.

Please, do not get too high or too low about wins in Sept or Oct.

My point exactly.

Last edited:
I predicted Pats 34 - Bengles 17. Not too far off.

Seems to me that in the big picture of a season, every year, without fail, the Patriots win some games you expect them to lose and lose some games you expect them to win.

That being said, this is not a perfect team and there remain plenty of reasons to be concerned about certain elements of this team just as much as there are plenty of reasons to be exceptionally confident.

When all is said and done, all we ultimately need to be concerned about is, come playoff time, is the team relatively healthy and playing together better as a team. That's worth keeping in mind win or lose each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes