PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Attention announcers: The direct snap to Faulk has been in the playbook for years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Attention announcers: The direct snap to Faulk has been in the playbook for years

And of course, when the Pats did it against the Jags, everyone was reminded of SB 34 when they did it to perfection against Carolina. I said out loud, "I can't believe Mike Martz fell for that play after they've done it so many times!" Then I remembered he is the offensive coordinator and wouldn't be responsible for teaching the SF defense about it. But still. I also can't believe none of the dimwit "experts" of the NFL can recall the Pats doing the exact same play several times in key spots in the past. And yes, Cassell looked just like Brady doing it. Sheesh.

Like I said in another thread, I'm sick of the idiocy that we're exposed to more often that not,and I wish Gil and Geno would do some televised announcing once in awhile-something along the lines of Remy and Orsillo. :pigsfly: I guess.

Re: Attention announcers: The direct snap to Faulk has been in the playbook for years

I thought it would be a bad day for announcing when Enberg said it was Faulk who took the first run of the game and it was Maroney!

I thought it would be a bad day for announcing when Enberg said it was Faulk who took the first run of the game and it was Maroney!

I thought the same thing! I'm like, Faulk? Wasn't that Maroney? He said the wrong names several times throughout the game. The problem with substituting Gil & Gino is, doesn't Gil get the names wrong too? Of course, I think with him it's because he can't see the field, and at least Gino is there to correct him (always - it's pretty endearing!) ;)

I think what these announcers are not realizing is that the Pats and Dolphins utilize the direct snap in different ways. Ronnie Brown is lining up as the QB with Pennington lined up as a WR, kind of how the U. of Arkansas ran it with McFadden. Our play is similar to the way many pro teams run it, shotgun formation with a RB to the side of the QB. I think the Steelers used to do it that way as well with Verron Hayes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back