PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Attention announcers: The direct snap to Faulk has been in the playbook for years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixit

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
No, Randy Cross (I think) they didn't copy it from Miami. No, Dan Patrick, Belichick isn't an "old dog" who learned a "new trick."

Doesn't Faulk have three handfuls of touchdowns and two-point conversions using it? Didn't they run it in the Superbowl, for Pete's sake?

Re: Attention announcers: The direct snap to Faulk has been in the playbook for years

No, Randy Cross (I think) they didn't copy it from Miami. No, Dan Patrick, Belichick isn't an "old dog" who learned a "new trick."

Doesn't Faulk have three handfuls of touchdowns and two-point conversions using it? Didn't they run it in the Superbowl, for Pete's sake?

Amen. When I see Faulk in on the goal line in a shotgun formation, I naturally assume that we're running that play. You're correct that they've been doing it for years, usually with Faulk (I may be wrong, but I believe Maroney has run it as well). It was just convenient and lazy for the announcer to attribute it as he did.

Re: Attention announcers: The direct snap to Faulk has been in the playbook for years

Cassel even looked Brady-esque with his jump, hands in the air, turn around look behind me, where's the ball act.

Cassel even looked Brady-esque with his jump, hands in the air, turn around look behind me, where's the ball act.

That brings back memories of the fake statue of liberty last year against the Jaguars in the playoffs. I miss Brady.

I swear some people's memories only extend back a week. BB was known for mixing things up long before these teams thought of it :mad: in fact he's always been known for it. That's why his schemes are so complex and why intelligence is one of his prerequisites for making the team.

Yet it never seems to occur to these dimwits that just maybe other teams are copying BB:bricks: not the other way around, proven by the devotion other coaches exhibit when they declare Patriot's game film their favorite hobby:rolleyes:

I'm tired of tolerating idiocy:disagreement:

That brings back memories of the fake statue of liberty last year against the Jaguars in the playoffs. I miss Brady.

Yeah, that was some good acting. Fooled most of the cameras too.

I think Cassel is starting to show us what the coaches always knew he could.

That brings back memories of the fake statue of liberty last year against the Jaguars in the playoffs.

That's exactly what I was reminded of too.

Nope, he learned that from Favre. The announcers said that, too.

Last edited:

That play was in when Charlie Weiss was the OC

It was used against Miami in 2001, modified and Faulk passed to Brady.
The 2pt conversion in Super Bowl 38.
Against the Chargers in the playoffs two years ago.

There were probably a few other times.

Don't people watch the Super Bowl? That's what I thought.

I actually predicted the play call in advance on the game thread. BB uses direct snap to Faulk in that situation all the time. It is getting to be really predictable.

It was used against Miami in 2001, modified and Faulk passed to Brady.
The 2pt conversion in Super Bowl 38.
Against the Chargers in the playoffs two years ago.

There were probably a few other times.

Don't people watch the Super Bowl? That's what I thought.

Exactly. It wasn't like a regular season game that they couldn't remember it was used in a divisional play off gane and a super bowl.

That's exactly what I was reminded of too.

And of course, when the Pats did it against the Jags, everyone was reminded of SB 34 when they did it to perfection against Carolina. I said out loud, "I can't believe Mike Martz fell for that play after they've done it so many times!" Then I remembered he is the offensive coordinator and wouldn't be responsible for teaching the SF defense about it. But still. I also can't believe none of the dimwit "experts" of the NFL can recall the Pats doing the exact same play several times in key spots in the past. And yes, Cassell looked just like Brady doing it. Sheesh.

Last edited:

I actually predicted the play call in advance on the game thread. BB uses direct snap to Faulk in that situation all the time. It is getting to be really predictable.

Yes you did! Great job.

It's disconcerting how so many alleged fans here are butt ignorant of BB's approach to the game.

I love the direct snap to Faulk. And I loved it when PayMeATon Manning tried to use it and got called for a False Start..

That being said, I've always wondered how BB can love that play, but not the sweep when the sweep has more ball protection than that play does.

I love the direct snap to Faulk. And I loved it when PayMeATon Manning tried to use it and got called for a False Start..

That being said, I've always wondered how BB can love that play, but not the sweep when the sweep has more ball protection than that play does.

I think the effectiveness of the direct snap lies more in the surprise than the protection.

At least NBC got it right, they briefly mentioned it on their post-game show (whatever that show is after the afternoon games are done).

Speaking of the sweep, why do the Pats not try Maroney to the outside more often? They always run him straight into the line where he generally drops on first contact. If they can get him to the outside so he can turn up field, he could do a lot of damage. But they never try it. Sigh.

Exactly, I thought it was gonna get snuffed out big time but the more I think about it the more I think the boys up front make that play, even if the D suspects it. Did you see the push on the o-line on that play.

I thought that was pretty impressive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey