PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Attendance for Jets Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way off base dude. I'm not sure if you know this but the Pats draw fans from all of the New England states.

I drove down from Stoneham and Route 93 was a joke. I don't blame the people who live in Maine, New Hampshire & Vermont from not making the trip.

Off base? Where exactly am I "blaming people for not making the trip"? I was just curious how many people actually made it into the stadium.

Can someone tell me, is the concourse always that way at Pats games or was it unusually crowded because people were hanging out there rather than breaking their ass trying to climb the stairs to their seats?

This weekend was my first game at Gillette and every thing I heard said that it was much better than old Foxboro Stadium in regards to the concourses. The bathroom lines weren't bad (it used to take like 30 mins at Foxboro) so that was definitely an improvememt. The concourses were insane though, it was hard to move around at all.

I didn't see a helluva lot of empty seats, in fact I was shocked how many people managed to show up on such a miserable day. I'm guessing there was at least 50K there.

I would estimate that starting around the 2nd quarter the seats were probably close to 75% full (even the red seats were probably half full). So by that estimate the attendance was probably at least 50,000.

50,000 might be a little high. The third level was pretty empty along with the club seats. The stadium holds 68,000, so I'd say about 40-45K attended the game.

But the thread author's guess of 25,000 is the most ridiculous estimate I've heard yet!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Once again...the OFFICIAL attendance figure was ..SELLOUT...68, 000 plus...how many were there is debatable I guess, but the game WAS sold out

Once again...the OFFICIAL attendance figure was ..SELLOUT...68, 000 plus...how many were there is debatable I guess, but the game WAS sold out

Once again...the question was "How many people were there" and NOT "what was the official attendance?".

Just wanted to make sure you understood the question....once again!:rolleyes:

I was there, P.R.

as far as I could tell pre-game there was a full house....apperances can be deceiving when the concourses are jammed with fans all game long because of the weather.

My basic point is no matter how many were there, the game was a sellout...as opposed to those supposedly far superior fans in Pittsburgh who managed to come up 8,000 short of a sellout, for a game with far more relevance than ours.

I was there, P.R.

as far as I could tell pre-game there was a full house....apperances can be deceiving when the concourses are jammed with fans all game long because of the weather.

My basic point is no matter how many were there, the game was a sellout...as opposed to those supposedly far superior fans in Pittsburgh who managed to come up 8,000 short of a sellout, for a game with far more relevance than ours.

Joker is either you're blind or related to Pinocchio because I was in section 236, row 19 seats 1&2. I never once saw the stadium near full. Do you have a problem admitting the FACT that we didn't nearly fill the house or something? What's wrong with you? You saw level 3 which was never beyone being more than 10-20% filled and the corp seats at even less.

Seriously, do I have to start a thread calling in all those who attended the game to show you're full of it? Honestly who cares if Pittsburgh fans know WE DIDN'T COME CLOSE TO FILLING THE STADIUM? This isn't a contest!:rolleyes:

IT WAS A FREAKIN NOR'EASTER BUDDY....I was at the game and stayed until the very end...but I was miserable the entire game. And somehow, when I got home, I had a nice feeling about the fact that I went.

My dad's seats (actally, MY seats) are in 319 and he moved down to 110 in the 2nd quarter. Never happened before. That tells you something.

Given the conditions Sunday, kudos should go out to all those who made the trip and braved the elements. Even the "red seat" crowd who had the option of watching under shelter and took.

Anyone who decided not to go because of the weather should not be blamed for not going.

Joker is either you're blind or related to Pinocchio because I was in section 236, row 19 seats 1&2. I never once saw the stadium near full. Do you have a problem admitting the FACT that we didn't nearly fill the house or something? What's wrong with you? You saw level 3 which was never beyone being more than 10-20% filled and the corp seats at even less.

Seriously, do I have to start a thread calling in all those who attended the game to show you're full of it? Honestly who cares if Pittsburgh fans know WE DIDN'T COME CLOSE TO FILLING THE STADIUM? This isn't a contest!:rolleyes:

IT WAS A FREAKIN NOR'EASTER BUDDY....I was at the game and stayed until the very end...but I was miserable the entire game. And somehow, when I got home, I had a nice feeling about the fact that I went.

I was there too. I saw all the empty seats too. I'm not arguing any of that. I don't care that Pittsburgh fans know that, how do you make THAT leap in logic? What I'm saying is our game was SOLD OUT. THAT is a F-A-C-T. The Pittsburgh game was NOT a sellout, which I find curious considering THEY are always touted as the paragons of NFL team support. You can't say fan support was below par because there were areas that were sparsely populated,the game was SOLD OUT. THAT is THE measure of fan support. I was there the whole game too, and it looked like the seats were half filled...so, what the hell is so wrong with THAT given the brutal conditions? You must have missed my posts when I got back, just like you obviously missed my point here.

and BTW, since it seems somehwere along the line I've pi$$ed you off about something, let me just use this OFFICIAL ESPN game recap, which YOU can look up for yourself , since you think I'm a liar, and tell me THEY are liars too.

Fans drove through snow that turned to sleet and, finally, to rain. Gillette Stadium was half empty a few minutes before the game began but was nearly full as it progressed.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271216017

I hope you're gonna fire off an over the top diatribe to THEM, calling them liars and Pinnocchios too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back