Welcome to PatsFans.com

Attack on a Sikh Temple.. at least 7 dead, act of domestic Terrorism????..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Aug 5, 2012.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

A gunman interrupted a Sikh church service and killed 7 folks.. more injured, including a policeman.. they are searching the alleged shooters home, who was killed by another police officer.

The police are treating this as a case of domestic terrorism, RIP those of you who died, may your families somehow find peace..

Now you have to think about going to your place of worship...

Read more: Shooting at Sikh temple in Wisconsin leaves at least 7 dead, including gunman | Fox News

Read more: Shooting at Sikh temple in Wisconsin leaves at least 7 dead, including gunman | Fox News
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

As of this morning, there are reports that the suspect is a white supremist, but you know how early reports can be. Have yet to hear details on that front, the only detail I have heard is that he has a 9/11 tattoo on his arm.

Not for nothin', but the first widely reported hate crime after 9/11 was a guy who yelled "Go back to Iraq!" at a Sikh, then shot him.

PFnV
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

White Savage

If He Had Lived He Should Have Been Stoned To Death Then Beheaded
  4. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

if he did it because he thought they were muslim, it shows how ******* retarded he was

too retarded to keep breathing
  5. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Those are just details jc geez..... :)

In some many words I agree with you and remember back when I was in college post 9/11 Sikhs being attacked in Jersey(??) because people thought they were Muslim.

Either way, thoughts and condolences to the families and friends of those impacted by this sad event.

I will say between this, the Tuscon event and Aurora a couple weeks back, here is my request to anyone who has issues and is thinking about hurting other productive members of society. Do us all a favor and just take yourself out to pasture and put one in your skull. If you have gone so far of the reservation that hurting other random people is an idea you are considering, why not just save everyone else the heartache just off yourself?

And to those who question the callousness of that statement, I'm sorry I'm not sorry.
  6. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

it's the ole shooot first, ask questions later mentality

as for your statement, i think everyone in the world who is normal, would support that

the steps should be
    a. get help, or
    b. just affect yourself

aside from being attention whores, or a general hatred for some sort of people based on religion or whatever, i don't understand why people like this kill innocent people, innocent in terms of the victims having never done anything to the offender.
  7. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -6

#51 Jersey

CBS News: Shooter Identified As Former US Military Member « CBS DC

I am wondering why this guy went into a sikh church and started firing at innocent people. Did he think this was a mosque? I know a lot of Indians who are Sikh and they are very nice people. The white piece of **** who went in there did not say a word and just started firing. We will never know the true actions of this crime.
  8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

We should learn more about the motive as the investigators gathers more evidence, buts what's up with the "white piece of ****" comment?
  9. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -6

#51 Jersey

White Supremacist and White piece of **** is the same thing. If it were a black panther who did something like this it would be a black piece of ****. Any hate group are pieces of ****!
  10. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Or just pieces of ***. Perhaps not even worthy of being pieces of ****.
  11. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

I'd be happy with white supremacist piece of ***, if it turns out to be true (that report's still sort of in formative stages where I fear someone will say "oh, sorry, we thought that was true but he's just an a-hole.")

My thoughts go out to the victims too. CNN did a real decent job on the movie shooting, they kept saying that they're so tired of all the attention being on the shooter that they're going to put most of their coverage into interviews with the victims and their families. Of course, some of them got a little goofy themselves but many of the stories were touching. It was an interesting change. They don't seem to be doing that w/the Sikh temple shooting, at least not yet. We'll see if they do tonight.

PFnV
  12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Those kinds of tags contribute to hate I think. Black piece of ****, white piece of ****, Mexican piece of ****, Muslim piece of ****. See where this goes? Should we be using language of hate groups?
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

How 'bout "White supremacist, skinhead, frustrated neo-Nazi piece of s#!t"?

Is that OK?

So much for all those mental midgets like Michele Malkin and Jay Severin who used to like to bloviate over the air such stool as "Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims" and other bigoted crap like that. Nope. Can't use that one anymore, I guess. These xenophobic morons need to come up with a new narrativve to make money and scare people. Is Severin even alive anymore?
  14. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Absolutely. The hate group deserves condemnation. Their race, nationality or faith does not, so when people go around doing that, aholes like this guy feel all the more justified because they're just terrorizing, white, black, Muslim, Mexican, etc. pieces of ****.
  15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

I don't know if any of this has been verified or not. I heard it on CNN earlier but I have not seen anything in print media to back it up so I'm just going to repeat it but warn that it may not be 100% factual as of yet.

Apparently, according to CNN, the shooter was part of a white supremacy punk rock band which was on the hate crime watch list and has been for quite a long time. He also has a criminal record. He recently legally acquired the semi-automatic weapon used in the shooting.

How does a person on a hate group watch list with a criminal record legally get a gun of any sort?

Never mind, I guess I know how - my real question is why?

edited to add: Ok, HuffPo verified it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/06/end-apathy-wade-michael-page-skinhead-band_n_1747179.html
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

But it's true, why try to ignore it, let it be known that this guy was "white" a dirty White Bastard lest people take the wrong impression and think it was a person of color, he was a White Bastard, a White Savage.
  17. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

This is right on... I think you can say "Islamist," or "Black Nationalist," or "White Supremacist," but when we're naming those movements it almost seems like the press should say "so-called" in front of them when reporting these crimes.
  18. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +253 / 4 / -8

pieces of ***** everywhere...........light colored pieces of ***** everywhere...........dark pieces pieces of ***** everywhere...........pieces of ***** left of everywhere...........pieces of ***** right of everywhere...........

this is our world and our time........enjoy
  19. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

On the bright side, general crime, violent crime, and murder are all down from their historic highs and from their "rebound" high from around the late 70s/early 80s.

We do, however, have more and more of these high-profile stoopit shootings, contributing to people always thinking that crime is "worse than evah" every time you ask them.

Then what do they do? Go out & buy a gun to "protect themselves."

Whatta country!

PFnV
  20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Often Southern Poverty Poverty Law Center is minimized or maligned by the work they do, but they had this guy identified... which is interesting. The FBI did also, but they don't talk about it all that much..

What is interesting is that all of the media, not just left but right also, identified this guy as an ex army dude.. he spent 15% of his life in the military and was kicked out.. there are many other ways to qualify him as a person, not just by what he did for 6 years.. he never saw combat.

At best he was a drunk drifter..