PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Atlanta requests permission to speak to McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by compensation? Money?

It has been draft picks in the past

The Jets got a 4th round pick for Herm.

The Pats had to give a 1st and something else for BB

The Jets had to give the Pats a 1st for Parcells

It has been draft picks in the past

The Jets got a 4th round pick for Herm.

The Pats had to give a 1st and something else for BB

The Jets had to give the Pats a 1st for Parcells

OOOOH ok ok I gotcha, I misread your original post, so we can't get anything for him because he's being promoted, I got it. Thank you. :D

Avoid Atlanta like the plague. A bad team owned by a fool. Populated with thugs. Dont do what Manweenie did and ruin your career.

Yea, that Arthur Blank sure is a fool. That whole billionaire and founder of Home Depot thing could have been done by anyone.

This is a downside of success. I hate this "exodus".
we will survive, just look romeo, weis, mangini, as oing as belichick is there we are good

It's too early for Josh to be a head coach--he's not ready. Now, if he gets an offer, he might feel compelled to take it; although it seems likely the success around here will go on and on, when it's your career, you're not as sure, so it can be tough to turn down. But ultimately he'd be better off waiting.

For a lot of these guys, their first HC job is the chance to make mistakes and learn how to do it right next time. Mangini's a good example of this. He's hated around here, but he was an excellent secondary coach, and was coming into his own as a defensive coordinator. He just rose up way too early. At this point, it's far more likely he'll find success as a head coach after losing his current job in a year or two, going to be a coordinator again, and then ending up somewhere else. (Maybe back with the Pats, ha.) But he IS a good coach. He just got the top gig too fast.

I hope they don't give him permission... Plus, this job down here is to horrid for a first year head coach and I wouldn't want to have to start making fun of him and the falcons as they go through another season losing... Atlanta needs to worry about getting receivers who can catch the ball...

I am very surprised that everyone is hot for McDaniels. I would think that people would look at "The Rat" and at Petrino and realize that inexperience isn't always better.

At least with Jason Garrett, he's got pro level playing experience. Something that McDaniels doesn't have. Garrett would be a better candidate than McDaniels, who only has 2 years of OC experience.

Pahleeese... Jason Garrett was a career JAG QB who bounced around the league until 2004. He was the QB's coach of the Dolphins for 2 miserable seasons and was only catapulted to OC of America's Team this season. What on earth has he DONE as a coach?

We need to start realizing that more than players deserve credit when things go right here and more than coaches deserve blame when every play doesn't result in a first down. I think Josh would be young and somewhat lacking in experience for a HC posiiton. I bet he's smart enough to know that. But his shot will come. That Garrett is even being considered is beyond silly. He inherited a fairly loaded and relatively established offense this time last year. Sounds like he's Jerry's boy, since he was Aikman's backup for a time, not Tuna's, or any coaches protoge for that matter. Former players can make it as HC's, but only with the kind of coaching seasoning we all claim Josh doesn't even have yet...

The league is desperate for two things, HC's and QB's. Retreads can buy you some mileage, but most end up proving they were available stopgaps for a reason. The alternative is rolling the dice and hoping you uncover a diamond in the rough. The easiest place to mine for those is a successful franchise. Because the theory would be that if they were smart enough to hire or groom an individual they must have something promising.

Josh has been on BB's staff for 6 years and in 3 he was an OC. The offense performed well on his watch, even when nobody knew WTF they were save Brady. He has 6 years of experience in what has been a now diverse but always pretty successful offense. Sooner or later, that will nab him his HC shot. And it should. If we win #4 in February I would expect he will top everyone's short list in 2009. Pees may start to generate some interest then too, although the fact that Bill is so involved with the defense, both in planning and game day coaching, will likely raise some concerns that could stifle his chances for a while. HC's also need to project a presence and energy he may lack.

Just sayin...

They won't deny permission. It's really just a formality and denying it would only cause animosity. Josh would be crazy not to interview, just for the experience. He likely wouldn't touch Atlanta with a ten foot pole. The Miami situation could develop into a decent one with Tuna and Ireland in place, but I doubt he'd make the same mistake Saban and Mangini made. Hold out for a reasonable situation, preferebly in the NFC!

Baltimore is a good job. Ozzie Newsome is one of the best GM's in the league and they still got a lot of talent on that team. That is not a bad job at all for someone taking their 1st head coaching job. Baltimore can be a playoff team next year with a good draft and some free agent pickups.

atlanta too? OMG, stop messing with an undefeated season dam it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye