Atlanta pre-game info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/0811falrail.html

The Falcons' top 2006 draft pick, cornerback Jimmy Williams, will start Friday's preseason opener against New England, coach Jim Mora said.

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060810/APS/608100896

Receiver Troy Brown is confident that Cassel could take over the offense if needed.

"He's a year older now," Brown said. "He's out there working hard, doing some good things. There's some things he's got to work on, but he's definitely working hard. He's not the same kid as last year."

As for the rest of the battered team, there's no sign of panic.

"We can be as good as we want to be," Brown said. "It's football. People get hurt. The next one in line has got to step up and play. You've got to go out and play the game. You can't cancel it."
Preseason panic? Seems some reporters just don't get much exposure to good teams.

Last edited:
http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060810/NEWS/608100549/1009/SPORTS

Milloy soaring with Falcons
Old friend Lawyer Milloy is apparently making an impact in camp with the Falcons, his new team and the Patriots’ opponent in their first preseason game.

“He is a better player, at this point of his career, than I thought he’d be,” Falcons coach Jim Mora told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I don’t mean that to take anything away from what I thought of him. I always thought he was a really good player. He is a really good player.”

Milloy, a four-time Pro Bowl selection who played the first seven seasons of his career in New England, signed with Atlanta in March after being released by the Bills.

The Atlanta sports market is full of dumbass reporters who don't know a THING about the game. All they care about is UGA.

But yeah, maybe if Atlanta had spent less money on Vick, they could afford a decent supporting cast.

Box_O_Rocks said:

Troy sounds more like BB everyday, "He's a year older now," Brown said. "He's out there working hard, doing some good things. There's some things he's got to work on, but he's definitely working hard. He's not the same kid as last year."

Clonamery said:
Troy sounds more like BB everyday, "He's a year older now," Brown said. "He's out there working hard, doing some good things. There's some things he's got to work on, but he's definitely working hard. He's not the same kid as last year."

In my Madden Franchise I got Troy as my Coach in 2011 (signed him as HC away from the Eagles who had him as their OC). :)

Box_O_Rocks said:

I've been saying this for about four years. Tonight's game will be one in which the Falcons play their first string QB for all but a series or two, and it ain't Vick. Schaub is or at least should be their QB, even if they don't know it.

So its Cassel against Schaub. Soph against Senior. I'd have to favor the Senior guy, Schaub over the heady Sophomore.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a very useful set of competent pre-game prep articles.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back