PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Atlanta looking to trade Rights to Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, the Commish does the right thing and puts a lifetime ban on him.

:rofl: You actually expect Badell to do the right thing?

I just don't see anybody trading anything for him. It would be a public relations nightmare, you're giving up a draft pick for a player that may never even have a chance to see the field, and you're taking on a big contract and salary cup number for a QB that completed less than 54% of his passes and hasn't played in two years.

Of course Dimitroff wants to "trade his contractual rights", why wouldn't he? A $9 million salary plus $6 million bonus this year - with the bonus counting against the cap even if he remains suspended - and $45 million through 2013? Even Al Davis wouldn't make that kind of a deal.

I just don't see anybody trading anything for him. It would be a public relations nightmare, you're giving up a draft pick for a player that may never even have a chance to see the field, and you're taking on a big contract and salary cup number for a QB that completed less than 54% of his passes and hasn't played in two years.

Of course Dimitroff wants to "trade his contractual rights", why wouldn't he? A $9 million salary plus $6 million bonus this year - with the bonus counting against the cap even if he remains suspended - and $45 million through 2013? Even Al Davis wouldn't make that kind of a deal.

I believe that the "bonus" has been forfeited since he is currently suspended by the league, but I am not 100% sure.

Vick is in jail, he has no rights!!:D:D

I really do not see an NFL team taking a chance on this guy as was eluded to earlier it would be a PR nightmare. Unless some team want to throw away a bunch of money on a guy who has been sitting in an 8 by 10 and has been out of football for two years.

Who knows maybe Al Davis will cut his losses with Russell (and a boatload of money) to take his shot at Vick coming in and running a full time Wildcat offense:D:D:D

They only possibility Vick has is in Canada. He is even suited for their type of play. Any NFL team would be committing PR suicide (I agree with you there) I don't care if they can get him for nothing.
DW Toys

They only possibility Vick has is in Canada. He is even suited for their type of play. Any NFL team would be committing PR suicide (I agree with you there) I don't care if they can get him for nothing.
DW Toys

That is what I said to my buddy last summer that we could be watching Vick in the CFL if no NFL team takes a chance. Yes he is suited to CFL very well and we always give guys their second chance (Ricky Williams).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back