PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ATL Round 3 & 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I found it interesting that Atlanta took Chevis Jackson in round 3 and then we trade out. Perhaps we would have any way but if Dimitroff liked him odds are so did we. Then in round 5 we trade up in front of them. Perhaps some payback. I'm sure he still knew a lot about our draft and I wonder how much this played into it all. Perhaps not at all but I hope, and doubt, somebody from the media asks about it. Bill will down play it either way but still interested.

Perspective being 20 - 20, I thought we traded out because Godfrey & Kendall Langford had just been taken. @ 69 C Jackson hadn't entered my board.

Perspective being 20 - 20, I thought we traded out because Godfrey & Kendall Langford had just been taken. @ 69 C Jackson hadn't entered my board.

Again using the logic that Atlanta's would have players ranked in a similar manner as NE I would thing the Pats had him rated as an early 3rd talent as well.

well according to Reiss the Pats had CRable lined up there and got the call from SD to move back. So it looks like ATL had nothing to do with it.

well according to Reiss the Pats had CRable lined up there and got the call from SD to move back. So it looks like ATL had nothing to do with it.

Hadn't read Reiss yet thanks for the info.

That was during their time on the clock, though. Jackson still might very well have been the target, and Crable next on the list after Jackson went to Atlanta. That part of it I doubt we'll ever know, but we do know that we:

1) Drafted another corner, so corner was still an emphasis.
2) Drafted Crable with the next 3rd round pick.

The original plan could still have been Jackson, then Crable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes