PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

At what point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
.... do the fines that Goodell has been so happy to hand out,
stop being about deterrents and starts being about extortion?

If TB isn't that upset about being fined $5,000 for an unbuttoned chin strap, I am.
So tired of all these fines for such insignificant transgressions.:mad:

maybe the more money the nfl makes, the more money he makes? :confused:

Well, would you rather see TB lose 5k or get a concussion? That rule is there for a reason.

Edit: Imagine he gets popped and hit helmet knocked off then a full force head-to-head hit from a lumbering D-Lineman. Potentially career ending but unlikely. Still, the rule exists for player safety.

Last edited:
I think that they fine money actually goes to charities...............

still the unbuckled helmet is a little ridiculous...

maybe the more money the nfl makes, the more money he makes? :confused:

All NFL fines are donated to charity.

I don't like the way Goodell is running things either but he wanted to straighten the ship. In a leadership position it's always easier to loosen up then it is to tighten down. I'm guessing the loosening up will come next season.

New York Homer Boy Goddell

This guy is probably mad at the world right about now. His Yanks and their 200 million dollar payroll have been unceremoniously dumped from the baseball playoffs. Boo Hoo Roger boy. And while the Yanks predicament is jokingly funny, it is still better than what happened to his beloved Mets, who choked and fainted about an inch short of the finish line. Boo Hoo again Roger boy.

And finally Goddell has to ponder the fact that we have six wins, which is the total of ALL THREE of Homer boy's New York teams put together.

It stinks being a New York homer boy now a days. Oh well at least he can look forward to basketball season starting next month. No wait a minute, Thomas is still with the Knicks, oh too bad for Roger New York homer boy Goddell.

Re: New York Homer Boy Goddell

Aren't fines supposed to be repremands to rules broken on purpose? How does TB forgetting to buckle one strap button on one snap qualify for a fine?

All NFL fines are donated to charity.

I don't like the way Goodell is running things either but he wanted to straighten the ship. In a leadership position it's always easier to loosen up then it is to tighten down. I'm guessing the loosening up will come next season.

I wish the money would be put into their retired players fund!!!!IMO the vets of yesteryear who didn't benefit from this cash cow, could use a little help.

I think that they fine money actually goes to charities...............

still the unbuckled helmet is a little ridiculous...

I suspect you're correct about the charities.
So, it's charities that are extorting, eh!? let's get em. J/K
Seriously, I would like to see a link from someone regarding
who and where this money goes.

Patschick, I think you have a good idea but what charity would lose out if
in fact, it is going to charity.

Well, would you rather see TB lose 5k or get a concussion? That rule is there for a reason.

Edit: Imagine he gets popped and hit helmet knocked off then a full force head-to-head hit from a lumbering D-Lineman. Potentially career ending but unlikely. Still, the rule exists for player safety.
Firstly...it;s NOT about an unbuttoned chin strap...it's I believe one of three or four buttons NOT buttoned. So it is NOT at all like he;s playing with an unbottened chin strap. (frankly, I do understand safety very much so..but having 1 of 3 or 4 unbuttoned??? I really doubt THAT would make any difference.) Secondly, the Pats have mouthguards that are individually shaped by a dentist that has developed these over the years to cut down on concussions. (That the NFL has totally ignored what he has done over 25 plus years is really sad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down