PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

At what point in the game, did you just sense.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some posters say this before every single game then look forward to the one time they finally get to say "I told you so."

Not saying you are one of them but come on.

I believe him, I felt a bad vibe about this game as well. Can't explain it, I was just not comfortable at all. I still don't know what happened.

Some posters say this before every single game then look forward to the one time they finally get to say "I told you so."

Not saying you are one of them but come on.

Believe me, I am not one of the people in the gamethreads every week wanting to cut Brady because he missed his first pass attempt. When people start saying how awesome we are and how there is no way we lose because of reasons (X, Y, Z) I get nervous.

I am always on edge for a game, but I am usually more excited (I fall into the "homer" category). Today, I just had a bad feeling when I woke up and wanted to get it over with.

I liked it better when everyone picked against us like back in 2003/2004. This post season everyone was kissing our ass. Maybe that's what it was.

when we did nothing with the ball after the start of the second half. I then got a little hope when we scored but it was gone after they answered back.

Felt awesome when we were moving down the field on the first drive, thought it would be another blow out. That INT gave me a sinking feeling.

The fake punt. When the team starts to press instead of using patience and showing faith in the players and the gameplan, you know you're screwed. Brought back memories of 4th and 13 instead of a 48 yard FG :mad:

This is a team that was only challenged twice in the 2nd half of the season, didn't lose once. And we're trying fake punts in our own territory. Inexcusable.

when we did nothing with the ball after the start of the second half. I then got a little hope when we scored but it was gone after they answered back.

Agreed. How many times has the deferring of the kickoff turned into points in first drive of the second half? In the old days, it always looked like if they had a small lead or small deficit at half time, they would always convert for points in the opening of the second half. When they did nothing with it today, I knew we were in trouble.

Oh yeah, and I still had hope until they kicked that stupid onside kick (the first one). There was no way the jets were not running 3 times and then punting back to us.

In the game? LoL I had an uneasy feeling all week. For some reason I just couldn't get all hyped up for this game. I'm normally salivating for the next article or story but for some reason i was just blah all week on it. Good thing to because this loss isn;t hurting as much as some have in the past. I'm more just sad for Brady and Belichick and their legacies. i can only hope Brady can pull an Elway in a couple of years and go out back on top.

it was just NOT going to be our day?

Me, it was when we kicked the first FG. The first possesion Brady throws that pick, which was almost a pick-6. Then the next possession a dropped TD right in Crumpler's hands. Two trips deep in Jets' territory, ad we net three points. I will admit, though confident, for some reason, I had an "uneasy" following all week long that I simply could not shake off.

EZ76

last week when the jets won ... .nuff said

How often does BB lose a challenge? My god what has happened to us in the playoffs.

when the first onside kick failed. I had faith up until then

and I wanna say that Bill is like 40% when it comes to challenges. maybe he should keep it in the sock more often :lol2:

Last edited:
i am not sure if this is an appropriate comparison, but i feel like the patriots are similar to rafael nadal in tennis. When he is the favorite for a slam (not including french open), he ends up losing and not winning the slam. When he is the underdog (2004 patriots, 2001), he ends up becoming unstoppable.

I prefer being the underdogs imo

No, but my observations are legit.

Brady had a similar look pregame SB loss.

Not saying I disagree with you but someone called fri and of course Deossi, Curren and the Big O made fun of them, I actually thought it was a good point, he wasnt fired up tonight it seems and when hes fired up we usually win.

I started scratching my head on the plays where they only need an extra yard or two on second down to get the new set of downs but didn't make the extra push. They put themselves in third and short... which then became fourth and short and the punt unit came out. They seemed completely flat and devoid of the extra effort outside of the plays that where 10+ yards were already being gained to begin with.

They might as well host a wild card game next year because whatever wisdom Belichick used to impart during bye weeks to the old guard seems to be completely lost on the new generation of Patriots players. They either learned nothing from how last season ended or allowed themselves to forget because of the regular season wins.

anyone else notice that is the football doesn't take a weird little sideways roll into FLetcher (52) leg they would have gotten the first one

First, Tom Brady's interception.

Second, Alge Crumpler's dropped pass in the endzone.

Third, the failed fake punt attempt which was the nail in the coffin. Down 7-3 at halftime would have given the New England Patriots a fighting chance in the second half. It was a first half to forget.

Last edited:
How often does BB lose a challenge? My god what has happened to us in the playoffs.

60% of the time. Looking back I think this teams young age showed tonight although that doesnt account for Brady. Hopefully they draft well and the mojo comes back, it felt like it was back after the regular season but I guess not.

opening kickoff - cromarties runs it to the 30 or 35 yard line. we are usually much better at special teams coverage.

Amazing to think that, with all the bad moments cited in this thread, this game was still winnable until very late. It's the old "play this game ten times and the Pats win it eight times." But Pats fans knows as well as anyone, you gotta win when the game is played. Dang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes