PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

At what point do you start to get excited for the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
training camp

Training camp wakes me up. The first preseason game is like brushing my teeth.

But I'm not truly up and awake until about a week before the first real game.

When Joe brings back Goodell's head on a stick using Kensil's a** as a holder?

Last edited:
December. That's about the time the meaningless games are coming to an end, and Jet fans begin looking forward to winning the real season. Aka, the offseason.

Hmmmm....

At what point do I NOT get excited for the season?

;)

The beginning of summer is when I really start to say "it's close" because I know the summer is going to fly by and when it's over, football is here

I think that point for me this year was today...StubHub emailed me that my tix for the Pats-Bills in Buff were uploaded...can't wait for that one

I get excited for all parts except preseason. I just don't care about preseason and win/loss in preseason just does not matter to me.

Kick off of game 1. Everything else is just filling in time.

Game 1 of the regular season as soon as the first kick off is off in motion and its game time

I start to get excited around the 3rd preseason game, sometime between mid-end of August.

first pre-season game but the TOP is : week.1 regular season; i LOVE that moment...:cool:

In this very crazy world of hyperbole, the Pats are a grand diversion that keeps me excited pretty much ever day of the year.. it ebbs and flows, but it is always pretty much there coursing through the veins.

In this very crazy world of hyperbole, the Pats are a grand diversion that keeps me excited pretty much ever day of the year.. it ebbs and flows, but it is always pretty much there coursing through the veins.

That's their raison d'être.

I don't get excited anywhere near as much as I used to. The NYFL in the last decade has slowly but surely chipped away at my love of the game. I'd list all the reasons here but I'm pretty much sick of talking about it all.

When my tickets arrive in July. Though, I lurk on this site daily for 365.

However; I just found out that my entire office is closing on 9/1, and I have 7 months of

severance. Debating whether to just take the entire football season off :)

Used to be 365, but family, kids activities take up lots of time now. Training camp is Mezza Mezza and I spend more time worrying about injuries in preseason games than getting into the games.
My son is 11 now and is starting to understand the game so I might be more into it now.
Before kids I could spend all Sunday watching football but now oftentimes I have to DVR the Pat's if they're on at 1 pm.....and I spend all afternoon trying to avoid the score!

usually, somewhere between thanksgiving and christmas..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots