PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

At what point are missed games foregone conclustion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet, miraculously, he was able to play at a pro bowl level again later in his career.
He also played at the Pro Bowl level while he was a Patriot. But that doesn't mean he could have fueled the turnaround we saw once a man Tom Brady (someone whom I'm not entirely sure you've ever heard of) took over under center.

Those who paid close attention to what he did with the hand he was dealt in 2000 did.
My first assessment that BB was the right man for the job was late in 2000 when it became clear to me that the 2000 season was about finding out who on the roster could play the way he needed them to in order to win Championships rather than using the talents that were on the roster to win the most games that year.
I have absolutely no doubt that BB could have run a 650 pass offense, and an aggressive blitzing defense and gone 8-8 that year. Instead he followed the blueprint of the kind of team he felt cold win a Championship, accepted the results, and assessed what he had.
Did I expect a SB title in 2001 before the season? No. But I was VERY confident things were going in the right direction and there would be one in the future.
That's all well and good and it very much echoes how I felt at the time. I'm just saying that the statement that "Everyone including Kraft felt Belichick was worth the 1st round pick in trade ... I didn't encounter one fan who was writing off Belichick and the Patriots after one season" is simply a load of crap.

I was in the pro-Belichick camp and there were many times not only I had to argue his case, but also felt very much like the minority amongst Patriots fans.

He also played at the Pro Bowl level while he was a Patriot. But that doesn't mean he could have fueled the turnaround we saw once a man Tom Brady (someone whom I'm not entirely sure you've ever heard of) took over under center.

You're now changing your argument. You started with

Because Drew Bledsoe was still quarterback, period, end of discussion.

Pure nonsense.

As for Brady, considering I call him the G.O.A.T., I'd say it's safe to think that I've heard of him. He just doesn't matter to the discussion, because he's not what your silliness was about.

Last edited:
That's all well and good and it very much echoes how I felt at the time. I'm just saying that the statement that "Everyone including Kraft felt Belichick was worth the 1st round pick in trade ... I didn't encounter one fan who was writing off Belichick and the Patriots after one season" is simply a load of crap.

I was in the pro-Belichick camp and there were many times not only I had to argue his case, but also felt very much like the minority amongst Patriots fans.
What are you talking about?
Your comment was there was no reason to believe he would turn it around.

Now you are saying you knew he would and told everyone that but people argued with you?

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.
First you say there was no reason to believe now you say you believed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back