Welcome to PatsFans.com

AT&T Partnership With Direct TV

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by scout, Sep 12, 2009.

1. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

The AT&T salesperson came knocking on my door to sell me U-Verse. Before she could utter a single word, I stated, I have the Sunday Ticket which is an exclusive with Direct TV. She replied that AT&T was in partnership with Direct TV and now I could get the ticket thru AT&T.
    She flat out LIED.
    I have since made numerous calls to AT&T getting a different answer each time.
    On one conference call between AT&T and Direct TV, I was told I could get both systems. By going with the cheapest package of Direct TV ($49.99) I then could purchase the Ticket at the normal price. AT&T would credit my the tech's service call. The DTV tech shows up today and says that because AT&T cut their lines, I need to make another DTV service call, upgrade, and they will run new lines in order for me to receive DTV.
    My last call to AT&T, I was told that the salesperson who lied to me was not an AT&T employee, thus, AT&T is not responsible.
    I'm posting this for two reasons. One, we discuss options on how we can watch Patriots games and want to alert anyone that is thinking of making a switch. Two, I told AT&T that I was going to post this here, and will be telling my story at every opportunity. The AT&T supervisor didn't seem to care..........................wow. What's the bigger story, my being duped or being lied to followed up by a total disregard of the customer's problem.
  2. Sivy

Sivy Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

At&T offers TV service?
  3. JR4

JR4 In the Starting Line-up PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 3 / -2

Don't get me going on AT&T. :mad:

How did they ever get to gobble up the Baby Bells again???:confused:
  4. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +786 / 12 / -5

#12 Jersey

I used to have U-Verse, but I cancelled it. I can also attest that it's absolutely terrible. They'll lie to you, flat-out scam you, and pretty much do whatever they have to to get you signed up. Then, once they have you, they'll just overbill the hell out of you, I guess under the assumption that you won't notice? And yeah, they cut the lines of my previous provider too; apparently they're notorious for doing that. Just stay away from AT&T...
  5. MassPats38

MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +52 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

From my experience in Texas, AT&T and DirectTV are associated (I pay for phone and satellite service through AT&T), but DirecTV is still its own creature, and the relationship is really just a billing partnership for purposes of consolidated service/bundle package billing (there is talk of a merger between the two, but that is far from certain).

The only service AT&T appears to offer specific to the NFL is a live view of scoring opportunities for all games through the Red Zone starting tomorrow. That is not advertised as full games, just potential scoring opportunities for all games when drives reach the red zone.
  6. PYPER

PYPER Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The person you spoke to is a lowly employee at the bottom of the totem pole. Write a letter to the CEO and other high ranking executives and you might find a resolution you're more comfortable with.