PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

At least they won

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think maybe we underestimated how much last week's game took out of this team.

Additionally, the offense really put it together in the second half. They only had three possessions in that half after all and they scored on two of them. I agree with the poster that thought 2007 spoiled many fans.

As a team, yes. At times parts of the team didn't play well but overall, yes.

But apparently around here at times:
- When a play goes your way it's always because the other team screwed up, never because you did something right.
- When a play goes the other team's way, it's always because you screwed up, never because they made a good play.

So when the other teams WR lays the ball on the ground untouched or their RB decides not to chase after a fumbled lateral, it is a great defensive play?

I'll take the road win but neither team "deserved" it...... Chargers made a plethora of mistakes, errors, stupid penalties and over-the-top gaffs. The Patriots should have been leading at LEAST 23-3 at the half and were pathetic on offense, but played well enough to win comfortably in the second half before having it given to them on a missed, and very easy field goal miss......

Weird game, but like I said: I'll take the win. Wonder how many posters here thought they would be 5-1 at this point? I sure didn't when we lost so many starters... All and all a big: Meh! :cool:

When the hell did a 50 yard FG become easy? :confused:

I thought the NE gameplan was pretty sound. Sit back, allow the Chargers to shoot themselves, when the Chargers DO turn it on put them in as hard of position to win the game because the Chargers do not win games when they are put in position to win them. How often does a team win a game when they are -4 in turnovers anyways.

You sound like an opposing fan/player from 2003. The Pats didn't win 17 games the other teams lost 17 times. :rolleyes:

No kidding. I can see someone from San Diego saying the Chargers lost the game for themselves. But the fact is the Pats capitolized off the mistakes of a not so mentally sound team. Belichick specifically drafts players that aren't as prone to mistakes as the Charger players are. Win win baby.

If you would of told me before the season started the Pats were going to beat Miami,Baltimore and San Diego consecutively I would of said "You are a homer dude.'

And don't forget guys. You're all saying "oh, the Pats played HORRIBLY on offense" but failed to remember that the Chargers D is ranked first in the league for a good reason. They ARE a good defense and probably would have kept the Pats under ten points if not for the poor field position and how long they were on the field. But AGAIN the Chargers shoot themselves in the foot and NE finds a way to win.

I heard on Sirius NFL Radio that BB coaches more before game, during game, and after game than any coach in NFL history. I just wish the Chargers had a coach that dedicated himself to an all around team than just an offensive coordinator acting as a head coach.

As a team, yes. At times parts of the team didn't play well but overall, yes.

But apparently around here at times:
- When a play goes your way it's always because the other team screwed up, never because you did something right.
- When a play goes the other team's way, it's always because you screwed up, never because they made a good play.

Let me rephrase, are you happy with the offense? Tom Brady wasn't, Im sorry I see room for improvement when we had less than 200 yards of offense (lowest in a decade) and it takes a missed field goal to send the game to overtime.

No kidding. I can see someone from San Diego saying the Chargers lost the game for themselves. But the fact is the Pats capitolized off the mistakes of a not so mentally sound team. Belichick specifically drafts players that aren't as prone to mistakes as the Charger players are. Win win baby.

If you would of told me before the season started the Pats were going to beat Miami,Baltimore and San Diego consecutively I would of said "You are a homer dude.'

I just can't believe that the Pats draft those kinds of players. I just think that the coaching staff puts them in position to not make mistakes. Look what happens when they leave the Pats, usually they're pretty pedestrian.
And, yes, the Chargers had two giveaways and the Pats had 2 takeaways. Pats still win the turnovers anyways and hats off to them not trying to "make the big play" when struggling on offense. They just had to hold onto the ball and not allow a big play on defense. I don't remember the last time I didn't see a rainbow pass from Rivers. It was completely taken away. Also, the checkdowns from Rivers was crazy.

Winning ugly is far better than losing pretty.

5-1 with 21 rookies or 2nd year players on the roster. Maybe it's my rose colored glasses but most teams that young would be 1-5.

When the hell did a 50 yard FG become easy? :confused:

So was I out of the room when Gost missed a FG or something? I really don't remember that :bricks:

I thought the NE gameplan was pretty sound. Sit back, allow the Chargers to shoot themselves, when the Chargers DO turn it on put them in as hard of position to win the game because the Chargers do not win games when they are put in position to win them. How often does a team win a game when they are -4 in turnovers anyways.

how often are they within a fieldgoal of tying the game?

Good game in a losing effort. Your team is an statistical enigma this year which has pretty much killed themselves this season with poor coaching and mental errors. It will be scary to see that team with someone like Josh McDaniels as the head coach working with an already elite QB like Rivers. Can't say I'm not happy you guys have played yourselves out of the playoffs already because you are probably the best 2-5 team I've seen in years.

Let me rephrase, are you happy with the offense? Tom Brady wasn't, Im sorry I see room for improvement when we had less than 200 yards of offense (lowest in a decade) and it takes a missed field goal to send the game to overtime.

Again, SD has the leagues top defense for a reason.

They didn't deserve it?? Or they were LUCKY???

WTF.. Did you guys watch the same game?? SD turned the ball over 4 times and had a false start penalty with the same on the line..

Pats played 60 minute football.. Pats didn't play the best they could but didn't make the mental mistakes like SD did.. STOP WITH THE BULLS*IT complaining..

Champions find ways to win these games..
Sorry, but these are legitimate complaints. The Patriots did not play "60 minute football." The Chargers kept giving them the ball in the first half and it was still only a 10 point game at halftime. And the defense doesn't exactly get credit for "forcing" 4 turnovers. 2 of them were gift wrapped.

A win is a win and when we're in late December going for HFA, no one will care how the game was won. But let's not delude ourselves into thinking they played 60 minutes of solid ball.

Good game in a losing effort. Your team is an statistical enigma this year which has pretty much killed themselves this season with poor coaching and mental errors. It will be scary to see that team with someone like Josh McDaniels as the head coach working with an already elite QB like Rivers. Can't say I'm not happy you guys have played yourselves out of the playoffs already because you are probably the best 2-5 team I've seen in years.

I was reading a post on profootballtalk where they said the #1 o and #1 d in history through week six was a combined 65-7 or something. Crazy we were 2-4 to begin with, now 2-5. And, honestly, I'm pretty happy with what I saw from the team. I know that dropped passes and fumbles are inexcusable but we were already down V. Jackson (holdout), Floyd and Nannee (injuries) so Crayton was our 1 :)eek:). I knew we were coming into the game banged up but I thought some of the guys played really well with mistakes they probably won't make again for a long long time. I can sit here and say that our offense lost us the game but our offense is what I, as a Charger fan, am going to be banking on for the next 5+ years with Rivers as our QB. I was really impressed, again, with the defense and am very thankful that we're in the AFC Worst because I chuckle when I see the Chiefs on top. I just don't think they'll hang on. There'll be a time they lose 3 or 4 in a row and the Chargers could slip right in. My guess is the Chargers DO make the playoffs and have a shot at the Pats again. Good luck.:rocker:

This thread could be written about our Super Bowl victories. Perception or lack thereof is everything ... does anyone remember the slim margins of the victories? going strictly by logic and stats aren't games between 2 good teams supposed to be decided by less than a TD?

This game is actually closer to the norm than it is the exception.

I don't know understand...What make a team not deserved a win?

They played their ***es out! yeah..it not a pretty win, but it a win for them. That what they worked all week for, not to lose. You guys expected them to come out and perform flawlessly against every team..that not going to happen. Every week they face a different challenge and things are totally different, and the Chargers is desperate to get a win so their D stepped up and made Brady earned the victory!

Look at the Steelers, they supposedly considered the best team and they struggling against the dolphins...and won by 1...i'm sure they pretty happy about that.

People are idiots who are whining about criticisms of the team.

Do you think BB and company are glad that they allowed an onside kick, that they had fewer than 50 offensive yards in the first half, that they were not able to ram it down the Chargers' throats with those turnover gifts they got?

Do you think BB and staff goes back home, whistling like idiots just glad they won? Do you expect fans to act like that, or point out ways we'd like to see improvement?

Yes, of course it is great to come away with a win. Nobody is saying otherwise. If we keep playing like that, say against the Steelers, we will be destroyed. We will be one and done in the playoffs once again.

We need to tune up our offensive line, or we are toast.

They didn't deserve it, but we'll take it. The offense had 2 decent drives on the entire day, and that was it. The defense played very well with a bunch of turnovers, so they acquitted themselves well. The specials teams wasn't great with several bad snaps.

Coaching was terrible. 2 poor challenges, and obvious onside kick missed. and some poor play calling in the 4th.

Our defense really carried us today, which is a growing trend. Good thing they are growing up fast.

I agree with most except, they did deserve the win, they lead the whole game and scored more points.

Now how were they 2 poor challenges. I thought they were the right moves myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back