PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

At least the main postgame story is NOT the officiating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Let's hear it for the officials. In most Pats-Colts matchups, a big story after each game turns out to be the officiating, but I think the crew did an excellent job tonight.

They made some great calls and noncalls tonight.

My only gripe would be that I believe there should have a been an illegal contact or pass interference call on third down on a pass to the corner of hte end zone to Reche Caldwell (I think it was him).

That's okay, because they got most of the close (tough) calls right like....

1.) picking up the pass interference flag when Wayne tripped over himself in the endzone
2.)calling Jabar Gaffney's TD a TD

I think that Graham was held on the drive before the Colts the ball for the last time, but overall the refs did a decent job.

The roughing the passer on that last drive burned me up big time :mad:

Gotta agree with you. Refs did a good job this year. They did not effect the outcome of the game. The Colts deserved to win the game.

WOW! What game were you watching??? The non-pass interference call late in the game cost us 7 points!!! He tackled the WR Before the ball arrived. If they want to call pass interference on Hobbs, who had his back to the receiver and didn't touch the WR, then the colts should have been called for PI late in the game.

The refs gave the game away on that critical play (worth 7 points!).

Are you kidding me? Seymour jumps in the nuetral zone and gets back before the snap and a lineman ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CENTER moves and we get calles for offsides. This happened twice. Interference in the endzone when the DB never touched the receiver. Our receiver is tackled in the end zone and no call. Bogus roughing the passer to put the Colts in 1st a first and goal situation. It is not why we lost, but the referees had a terrible game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes