PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Assuming We Get Jax, What is Our Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
stop the run. thats it.

You are absolutely half right. Stop the run! No question about that. The other half is the Patriot OL giving Brady adequate protection. Those two things happen and I just don't see the Patriots losing this game (short of stupid turnovers or an awful Brady performance neither of which I think will happen).

i think jack del rio will overscheme and come out throwing. Look at the game against the colts the first time this yr. he didnt run until late in the quarter.he will try to be different this time as well especially if we bring rodney up in the box.
on defense ,this quote from the article
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...VDubYF?slug=cr-jags010508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

says quite a bit.

"Give them a lot of credit," Roethlisberger said of Jacksonville's defense. "They rushed four. They didn't blitz a lot, and when they did, we burned them for a touchdown. They dropped a lot of guys (into pass coverage). There weren't a lot of holes to throw to. It's frustrating because of the throws, the interceptions, only one of them was probably a stupid throw."

It may be how Pittsburgh adjusted in the second half that proves most costly for Jacksonville going forward. Once they moved away from the deeper and longer developing routes, the Steelers gobbled up yardage underneath coverage – a major strength of the New England Patriots.

i think they will drop 7-8 in coverage and there might be some running room for maroney outside the box.

Your offense is much more scary than your old defense. Our O-line, Mojo and Fred are going to have a field day running on you. I am actually looking forward to what Bellicheck has up his sleeve to stop the run.

We will have a huge problem stopping Brady, and I agree that a 2 TD deficit may be too much to overcome. I pray Del Rio does not abandon the run like he did last night.

It is going to be a better game than most of you Pats fans think it is going to be.

Do you know what the weather is going to be like? Hopefully 20 degrees with a blizzard :)

As some have said, getting up quick by a couple of scores will sink Jax. They are very plodding on offense, so even if they "run all day" on us, they won't be able to keep up. I usually like to lose the toss and get the ball in the 2nd half, but this week it would be good to win the toss, get a score and get them playing from behind from the get-go.

i think they will drop 7-8 in coverage and there might be some running room for maroney outside the box.

This is where the whole "Blueprint" idea actually helps us. BB knows exactly how the Jags will play us, particularly given the way they played the Steelers. They'll drop men into coverage and only rush a few, that's how plenty of teams have tried to beat us, [all while mauling our receivers on the line]. The Pats know exactly what to expect and know how to beat it.

I was excited to watch this game because I haven't watched a lot of the Jags this season. I couldn't believe this was the team everyone was talking up so much. The first half was hard to judge because Ben was giving them the game.

They barely beat a team that Tom put on a clinic against. I just don't see how we are going to have a problem with them. 9 complete passes? Really? Maybe I'm being too much of a homer, I just don't see the big threat.

I was excited to watch this game because I haven't watched a lot of the Jags this season. I couldn't believe this was the team everyone was talking up so much. The first half was hard to judge because Ben was giving them the game.

They barely beat a team that Tom put on a clinic against. I just don't see how we are going to have a problem with them. 9 complete passes? Really? Maybe I'm being too much of a homer, I just don't see the big threat.

your problem is that 100% of your evaluation is one 1 game that they played. imagine if all you knew of the Pats was the game against the Jets, or the game against the Ravens - you wouldn't be too impressed either.

if you take a longer viewpoint, you see that the Jags have been pretty damn impressive over the last couple months. they 'punted' the final reg season game, but before that killed OAK, won by a TD @ Pitt, killed Carolina, lost by 3 @ Indy, killed Buffalo, beat SD, and beat Tenn. of their last 7 reg season games, they only lost 1, and that was by 3 @ Indy, which is a very very tough game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back