PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**Assuming The Stallworth Deal gets done..**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantasic4x50x54x59x55

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
This is just to pick some brains and keep this crazy offseason moving along..FORGET IT..LETS SAY STALLWORTH NEVER EVEN CROSSED THE PATRIOTS MINDS
Gaffney/Welker/Caldwell/Jackson(?possible PUP?)/Brown(?Possible Retirement)?/Childress/Kight... If that isnt enough, I dont know what is...Those arent even all Receiving options just wide receivers (Watson,Thomas,Maroney,Mills,Brady,Morris,Faulk etc etc etc etc etc)..

Now assume your in charge //Picks number 26 and 28 come along...who do you take? Oline? DB? LB? DL? Why? Would you still consider a WR in the first 5 picks you have?

Last edited:
No Flames here, just getting tired of hearing about Stallworth coming here, when I think tonight was his best chance of coming here..

Yea that is a waste of an assumption. If he was signing here he would have signed here.

But what the heck. If he signs here, go ILB and CB/S in the first round. If he doesn't go ILB and WR. (assuming no Moss)

Last edited:
this is just assumption bro....i think he has a hell of a better chance of being with the pats compared to randy moss....

LB Timmons is probably your guy at 28. I know for a fact because the Patriots are sure to try and screw my Colts out of another player aka Marooney last year. The kid will be a stud in a couple of years.

Last edited:
This is just to pick some brains and keep this crazy offseason moving along..and this is just assuming Donte Comes to NE..

Gaffney/Welker/Caldwell/Jackson(?possible PUP?)/Brown(?Possible Retirement)?/Stallworth(?)/Childress/Kight... If that isnt enough, I dont know what is...Those arent even all Receiving options just wide receivers (Watson,Thomas,Maroney,Mills,Brady,Morris,Faulk etc etc etc etc etc)..

Now assume your in charge //Picks number 24 and 28 come along...who do you take? Oline? DB? LB? DL? Why? Would you still consider a WR in the first 5 picks you have?

Dont flame me....please? I am just sick of all the Moss/Stallworth threads..something refreshing

of course, it depend who's there... but, id look hard at CB (with or without samuel, we need more CB's), LB (all our key guys will be 30), and S (rodney's replacement)

He will go for the money.
If we wanted to play for a winner he would have signed already with us.
I am not truly sold on him; gets hurt a lot. Let gets young WR and develop him.

No, I would not take a WR... I think offense is pretty much set, and now think they should turn more towards defense... I'd like to see a ILB and a hard hitting, smash mouth safety come out of the draft and a CB would be nice..

I was hoping they would go after Donnie Edwards in FA and resign Junior Seau but it doesn't seem like it will happen... Who knows? It's hard to predict what the Pats will do...

changed the question for all the people who lack an imagination or didn't get the point of where i was going with this.. I'll just put it bluntly..

WITH THE STATE OF THE TEAM AS IS...DO YOU DRAFT DIFF AS OPPOSED TO 2-3 WEEKS AGO? WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE WHY?

this is just to break away from all the moss/stallworth talk

He will go for the money.
If we wanted to play for a winner he would have signed already with us.
I am not truly sold on him; gets hurt a lot. Let gets young WR and develop him.

You dont think Jackson can develop into what we hope stallworth wouda/coulda been for us?

I thought I answered your question... * dazed and confused * :)

changed the question for all the people who lack an imagination or didn't get the point of where i was going with this.. I'll just put it bluntly..

WITH THE STATE OF THE TEAM AS IS...DO YOU DRAFT DIFF AS OPPOSED TO 2-3 WEEKS AGO? WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE WHY?

ok. yes. we now have less need at LB, RB, WR, and TE

ok. yes. we now have less need at LB, RB, WR, and TE

You still think we have less of a need at LB?... more specifically ILB...? If anything I think this is our shot to draft a young LB and move him along slowly in the shadows of vrabel,bruschi,thomas and hopefully seau

You dont think Jackson can develop into what we hope stallworth wouda/coulda been for us?

I think he can, he just keeps having set backs because of injury.. He has deep threat potential, so we will see... Recievers tend to be slow to develop, didn't it take Givens like 2 or 3 years before he was a viable number 2 guy?

This why all of those mocks are pointless before free agency. Is that your question? will everybody's little mocks change? yes. will BB and Pioli's strategy change? probably very little.

Broadly speaking, they need speed and youth on defense. In terms of particular positions:

*LB is still the biggest need. The starting 4 look good, though I question whether Bruschi will be an every down player this year. I'd really like to see them add Donnie Edwards, if the price was right. Seems like he would be a perfect candidate to come in for Bruschi on third downs. They definitely could use a draft pick here though, regardless of whether we sign another free agent. These guys just aren't getting any younger.

*Safety is a big need as well. Sanders might be a viable starter, but we are looking at a pretty big hole at FS, IMO.

*Cornerback would be nice to address, but it becomes very important if losing Asante seems likely. Personally, I hope they can lock him up long term. It would not go over too well to go on a big free agent splurge and then not even take care of your own guy. The Clements signing might have made that impossible though.

*I'd like to see a running back drafted in the middle rounds.

As always, though, it comes down to what the value is at the pick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back