PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Assuming none of the underclassmen QB's declare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Who is the first QB off the board in the 2009 draft?
Harrell?
Isn't it interesting that both Harrell and Cassel are considered "system" QB's????

Stafford (Georgia) is coming out, because he is going to be a top 5 pick. He has a big time arm, and plays in a "Pro Style" offense (a/k/a Matt Ryan). I think that the NFL guys are quickly starting to sour on the "Spread" QBs. Harrell will get about as much love as Colt Brennan did last year.

The kid from Ball State, Nate Davis, is a very intriguing prospect, but Caldwell might be the first senior QB drafted. He's got all the measurables....he just doesn't win as much as he should.

Last edited:
Stafford (Georgia) is coming out, because he is going to be a top 5 pick. He has a big time arm, and plays in a "Pro Style" offense (a/k/a Matt Ryan).
I imagine he'll come out but he's not a 5th year senior like Ryan, he's a junior and the stats are not encouraging. He also doesn't need the money. If it weren't for the possible new CBA issue before the 2010 draft I'd think he might stay.

I think that the NFL guys are quickly starting to sour on the "Spread" QBs. Harrell will get about as much love as Colt Brennan did last year.
Bradford will be a huge question. He looks great running that Oklahoma offense but that's an "easy throw" offense.

Stafford (Georgia) is coming out, because he is going to be a top 5 pick. He has a big time arm, and plays in a "Pro Style" offense (a/k/a Matt Ryan). I think that the NFL guys are quickly starting to sour on the "Spread" QBs. Harrell will get about as much love as Colt Brennan did last year.

Stafford did not take the "step up" that a lot of people thought he would. I think he should stay in college and grow another year.

Where did you hear he was coming out?

Stafford did not take the "step up" that a lot of people thought he would. I think he should stay in college and grow another year.

Where did you hear he was coming out?

Georgia lost its All-American Left tackle in the first game this year, but Moreno and his favorite target Massaquoi are leaving, so I;m expecting Stafford to go, he is projected to be the #1 pick in many mock drafts, I can't see him staying (unless Moreno does).

Don't worry Georgia has another top QB redshirt ready to step in.

Stafford may be first QB drafted, if he comes out, but he may be the only first rounder if that. In any average year, he would be the fifth or sixth QB taken. Probably in the mid second round.

He is not a guaranteed franchise QB. :eek:

Georgia lost its All-American Left tackle in the first game this year, but Moreno and his favorite target Massaquoi are leaving, so I;m expecting Stafford to go, he is projected to be the #1 pick in many mock drafts, I can't see him staying (unless Moreno does).

Don't worry Georgia has another top QB redshirt ready to step in.

Why wouldn't he want to stay another year with freshamn Green there????

Stafford may be first QB drafted, if he comes out, but he may be the only first rounder if that. In any average year, he would be the fifth or sixth QB taken. Probably in the mid second round.

He is not a guaranteed franchise QB. :eek:

I agree, he is not a franchise QB now, but with another year of development at Georgia, he could be very special. I think the preseason pollsters had his breakthrough season a year too early.

Y'all just wait and see, Nate Davis will be the first QB off the board, he's going to be a FAST riser in the weeks leading to the draft.

Y'all just wait and see, Nate Davis will be the first QB off the board, he's going to be a FAST riser in the weeks leading to the draft.

Except for laying an egg against Buffalo, he has looked great all season. I really wish he would stay in school another year, but I think you are right, he is probably leaving early.

Since he will not be playing in any bowl games, his stock should shoot up, regardless fo the level of competition he has played against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes