PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Assistant WR coach... Troy Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good article, thanks. Looks like Dobson caught 6 from Brady. Perhaps Brady and the Pats haven't given up on him just yet. Would like to see him perform so well when there's guy's trying to knock his block off.

Hopefully Troy was working with him. I'm old, of course, but I cannot recall any key drops or misplays by Troy. Quite the opposite... he was so clutch, and always with his head in the game. San Diego playoff game comes to mind. :)

Troy hopefully will get some work in with the punt team and defensive backs because...he can do just about everything.

Dobson should soak up as much knowledge from Troy as possible. Maybe Troy taught him how to catch?

Dobson has the tools just needs the confidence. If Troy can get his head right ......watch out.

There's no cure for dumb and I believe Dobson processes info too slow.
He has great athletic talent ... as many who never made the NFL also had.
So easy to shine at OTA's when you have great physical tools.

Last edited:
Is he an actual coach or not? Great to see him, but on this site, I think people expect headlines to mean something.

Is he an actual coach or not? Great to see him, but on this site, I think people expect headlines to mean something.

Not sure if you clicked the link. From the article:

Troy Brown has worked as an assistant coach all week. At one point today, he helped wide receivers with their route technique.

Hopefully Troy was working with him. I'm old, of course, but I cannot recall any key drops or misplays by Troy. Quite the opposite... he was so clutch, and always with his head in the game. San Diego playoff game comes to mind. :)
I saw Brown develop. He always had good hands but he was small when he came into the league and had fumble problems that were most likely the reason why Parcells cut him more than once. By the time Belichick took the team he was a stud. Completely ripped and the fumble problems were long gone. Edelman's story is similar although accelerated. I think brown took 6 or 7 years before he became a starter.

People forget just how good of a football player TB was. Put Troy in as CB on the best WR from the NFC in a playoff game and he plays as good as Darrelle Revis shutting him down. SMH

Not sure if you clicked the link. From the article:

Troy Brown has worked as an assistant coach all week. At one point today, he helped wide receivers with their route technique.

So he's an assistant coach now?

I haven't been aware that the Pats hire by the week, that's why I'm asking.

You just made me feel excited for Dobson for half a second but I can't go down this path again...he's no good for me

(In honor of Muhammad Ali)

He'll tear up the sidelines
with his blazing speed,
consoling teary eyed corners
after every Tee Dee,
He'll make Revis look old
and Peterson look sick
Roger will call him illegal
and steal another first round pick
after 1200 yards you'll call him king
and watch him proudly don his new shiny SB ring.

Dude is gonna stretch the field. Bank it. hahahaha

There's no cure for dumb and I believe Dobson processes info too slow.
He has great thletic talent ... as many who never made the NFL also had.
So easy to shine at OTA's when you have great physical tools.

Coach Belichick disagrees with you

"Aaron is really smart. He can play all the positions. He makes very few mental mistakes and he has a lot of length. He can run. " - Belichick

Coach Belichick disagrees with you

"Aaron is really smart. He can play all the positions. He makes very few mental mistakes and he has a lot of length. He can run. " - Belichick
Propping him up for a trade perhaps ... history has shown otherwise.

Hmmmmmm,

Patriots website still lists Chad O'Shea as the WR coach
COACHES

Dont know if anything longterm can be inferred from that, but there certainly is no cap or roster-size limit on coaches and other than the confusion of having two TBs, i can not think of a bad thing about hiring him as a coach. We can only hope is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back