PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asomugha v. Mankins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asomugha is overrated, IMHO. Mankins is not. I take Mankins.

What makes you say that Asomugha is overrated?

Because the run defense of raiders was so bad and the other CB was garbage that no one even challenged him.

last time we played him brady had success aganist him - that last i watched a game where he was thrown on.

Because the run defense of raiders was so bad and the other CB was garbage that no one even challenged him.

last time we played him brady had success aganist him - that last i watched a game where he was thrown on.

That's true, but Brady was the league MVP last year, so any defense can look bad against him. Plus, Asomugha was covering Welker in the slot, a little bit different task. Revis doesn't look so great in the slot either.

That's true, but Brady was the league MVP last year, so any defense can look bad against him. Plus, Asomugha was covering Welker in the slot, a little bit different task. Revis doesn't look so great in the slot either.

2 yrs ago when he came back from injury.the WR he covered had some success on the outside,

Mankins, because a bush in the hand is worth two in the womens' dormitories.

I asked a couple of "reporters" from NFL network on tweetah, and they all said basically that "money will NOT be a major factor in where Asomugha goes."

here is one response from Breer

If you guys had McCourty, Bodden, and Asomugha on the field at the same time..well.. McCourty would probably have 8 picks a year. Asomugha would make McCourty into a superstar.

He had 7 without him as a rookie... With an UDFA playing opposite him most of the time.

As for the money quote, that's what they all say. But in a tight FA market with a new cap he may play the overpay game again rather than play for a shot at a ring. Either way he's gonna cost someone in excess of $13M AAV over the next 4-5 seasons. You guys can't afford him and frankly neither can we although for different reasons...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back