PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aside from the Pats not winning the SB - Which of these would ruffle your feathers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Aside from the Pats not winning the SB - Which of these would ruffle your feather

If ReyMa wins rookie of the year I would be pretty disappointed. #7.

Why? You figure you've got a shot?

Re: Aside from the Pats not winning the SB - Which of these would ruffle your feather

I would have to go with Mangini earning coach of the year. Nothing else on the list would irk me mrre.

Easily Vick. He should not even so much as have a chance to try to sign for a team. What he did is unforgiveable. True justice would be to put him in a fight against two rabid pitbulls and then have bettors place bets on how long it will take for one of the dogs to tear his throat out.

The only other option that could really come close is Mangina but, truth be told, I could really care less about him now that he's not coaching the Jest.

Last edited:

i decided to go with option n.1

Which of these scenerios would ruffle your feathers in disgust the most should they happen in 2009?

Could not get a poll up in time so these are your choices ....

1) Brett Favre deciding to return and signs with a team\\

I am hoping he does and gets booed in Greenbay. I also want to see him break Moon's record.

2) Michael Vick signing and starting for a team

Please explain how what he did is worse than the "sport" of bullfighting. We don't make this big of an issue when a player beats his wife.

3) Eric Mangini earning Coach Of The Year

It would piss off the Jets fans more than it would bother me. And having the Jets fans pissed would be a net positive.

4) Jason Taylor earning Comeback Player Of The Year ..... for Miami

I like Taylor. As long as we win the AFCE I am fine with Taylor winning Pennington's award.

5) Julius Peppers earning League MVP ..... for Carolina

Better than Manning

6) Adam Seward having 10 sacks for the Colts

as long as we win the AFCCG I don't care what the Colts do. In fact I am hoping Jax and Titans have horrible years.

7) Your favorite 1st round draft player not selected by the pats wins ROTY

didn't really have one.

Vick. That one goes beyond football.

Since none of them really affect the Pats directly (Taylor won MVP and the Fins didn't make the playoffs, IIRC), I don't care about any of them. If forced to choose, I'd pick somebody I liked in the draft winning ROY, but that's got all sorts of conditions on it like scheme, character, etc.

Seems some of you love dogs more than Vick. I have no problem with the man. He served his time. If what he did was as evil as people make it seem, he'll still be in jail.

Which of these scenerios would ruffle your feathers in disgust the most should they happen in 2009?

1) Brett Favre deciding to return and signs with a team

#1 i hope he come back and has a great yer

#2 i have 2 dog and i love them but O.J killed a women got away with it and no one cares he payed his time let him go let him play

#3 it will never happen the browns will have the first pick in the draft next yer and even if he dose win it i dont care

#4 i would be happy for him

#5 he never was a patriot and he never will be a patriot so i dont care

#6 i hope he gets 20 sacks

#7 my fav guy in the draft was CB butler from connecticut and we got him round 2 so im happy

Last edited:

I would add the Steelers to that list, because they would have a much more legitimate claim to team of the decade that way.

:scream::yeahthat:

If Barwin, Matthews, Sintim, or Sanchez become ROYT

What would be bad is anything good that happens to the: Colts, Jets, Dolphins, Bills, or Eric Mangini.

Seems some of you love dogs more than Vick. I have no problem with the man. He served his time. If what he did was as evil as people make it seem, he'll still be in jail.

Some People just don't get that it is the culture in the south. Others love animals more than people in general-PETA:ugh:

Could care less about Farve, Mangini, Seward or the draft pick that may or may not win roy.. Peppers was a dream, Taylor will be with us... So that said , I will take this whole mike vick , who I hope Godell would be smart and let vick sit another year before even attempting to let him back in.

Some People just don't get that it is the culture in the south. Others love animals more than people in general-PETA:ugh:

Being part of the culture doesn't make it right or legal.

He paid his debt to society and lost everything he had because of it, he's suffered enough.

Being part of the culture doesn't make it right or legal.

He paid his debt to society and lost everything he had because of it, he's suffered enough.

I wasn't condoning it, I was just trying to let people know that it is common in the south. Its an underground thing. I am a Vick supporter and I think people are making him out to be Judas.

I thought what he did was horrible, but I must admit too that the public reaction seemed harsher than it was for someone who killed a person. Take Rae Carruth - his arrest made national news, but there weren't people protesting and jeering him when he made his court appearance (at least not that I know of.) I mean, I imagine there were but not like at Vick's.

Why is that? I don't know. Could be we're desensitized to hearing about people being killed; or maybe it was because Vick and his crew killed several dogs while Carruth only killed one person (unless you count the baby she was carrying); or maybe animals are just seen as more innocent or defenseless.

I wasn't condoning it, I was just trying to let people know that it is common in the south. Its an underground thing. I am a Vick supporter and I think people are making him out to be Judas.

Didn't think you were condoning it...once he gets on the football field again fans will forgive him and the media will find someone else to chop down to size.

Last edited:

I don't get this thread. Sorry if I'm dense.

Why would I care if Favre or Vick play this year? They're both independent folks who can decide what they want to do with their lives. Neither would be playing for an AFC East team. Why would that bother me?

If Eric Mangini "earns" (your word) Coach of The Year, then he did something to deserve it. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking he's an overrated idiot who rode BB's coattails to whatever he's accomplished so far. This would suggest that I am wrong. Why would that bother me? (Note, the key word in the question is "earns"...you didn't ask if he just "gets" Coach of the Year.)

Why do I care what Taylor, Peppers or Seward do? That's out of my control. I'd have to be neurotic or nuts or some combination of the both to be bothered by what they do for other teams.

If a first round pick that I happened to like was O or D ROTY, more power to him. If it's Sanchez, well, then, I might be ticked off because that would mean the Jests had done well...but I'm not holding my breath on that one. And, BTW, Sanchez was my favorite guy in this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back