PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

*** Ascension of a Juggernaut ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this, I love a great RB core, I love "an offense that rains terror on the enemy", I think I might love you :D

As do I love YOU, Brother Duff, Fellow Patriot Fanatic...in a strictly NON Broke Back WAY!! :D

But....REALLY?

YUP. Lee "The Myth" Smith is a BAD MAN: :eek:

p-67889-lee-smith-autographed-hand-signed-boston-red-sox-8x10-photo-tsc-auto810lsbrs.jpg

Jug·ger·naut   [juhg-er-nawt, -not] –noun

1. Any large, overpowering, destructive force or object, as war, a giant

battleship, or a powerful football team.

Dictionary ~ Juggernaut​

The Best Defense...Is An Offense That Rains TERROR on the Enemy!!

There is a term ~ "Tipping Point" ~ that applies to many endeavors.

My application here is this: All his foibles not withstanding, Coach Belichick ~ not unlike Andy DuFresne of Stephen King's magnificent ShawShank Redemption ~ has applied superior skill and extraordinary expertise for an extended period of time.

My position is that you can only apply superior skill and expertise for so long...before all crumbles before you.

In the case of Mister DuFresne, Brother King's protagonist in ShawShank Redemption, it was simply a matter of applying astonishingly persistent pressure ~ and natural talent ~ upon a wall, over a period of many years.

In the case of Coach Belichick, it has been a matter of applying equally astonishingly persistent pressure on the rest of the league.

Coach Bill's instrument of pressure, however, is not a Rock Hammer: It is Draft Trades.

Unprecedented Historical Inflection Point

I'll spare you the details.

Suffice to say: We all know them well enough, those amazing Trades.

What most do not ~ can not ~ conceive, is the cumulative impact of repeatedly fleecing the rest of the league...until we reach a Saturation Point ~ a Tipping Point ~ where the aggregate influx of disproportionately gathering highly skilled and motivated players and applying extraordinary coaching expertise to them...simply overwhelms our rivals...

...and carries all before it.

And while I presume nothing...I believe we have just reached that point.

Smash Mouth FootBall ~ Its Sudden + Astonishing Return!!

I'm pretty sure that far less than 1% of our fans ~ I'm hoping that number is far larger, hereabouts ~ fully grasp the import of our unprecedented drafting of a behemoth ~ an unusually agile behemoth ~ like Marcus "Howitzer" Cannon...and the rest of these Beasts:

~ LT Nate "Universal" Solder ~ potential 10X All Pro, under Coach Dante.
~ RG Marcus "Howitzer" Cannon ~ potential 6-8X All Pro, under Coach Dante.
~ TE Lee "The Myth" Smith ~ Potentially The Best Blocking Tight End in the LEAGUE.
~ XB Shane "The Machine" Vereen ~ The most DANGEROUS Back we have ever drafted.

EVER.

Ascension: The Rolling Wall of DEATH!!

Need I say it, gentlemen??

Coach Bill has taken DRAMATIC steps to forge a team that can run on ANYBODY.

The Steelers.

The Ravens.

The 1985 BEARS, by God.

ANYBODY.

The Immortal 1977 O Line: Redux!!

We are exactly one High Caliber Center ~ IF that ~ from matching ~ and even eclipsing ~ the devastating dominance of ~ yes ~ that O Line:

LT Leon Gray
LG John Hannah
OC Bill Lenkaitis
RG Sam Adams
RT Tom Neville

Mind you: I don't see this coming to full fruition until very late in 2011, so a full year ~ or perhaps 3-5 full years ~ of what I foresee isn't likely to happen just yet.

But WAIT...There's MORE!!

Imagine, though, if you will...

Imagine if we DID forge a team that weilded such a Rolling Wall of Death...that we carried ALL before us...and sent the Enemy FLEEING before us, howling in TERROR...

Imagine if the Three Headed Monster of:

~ Stevan "Fire When Ready" Ridley
~ Shane "The Machine" Vereen
~ Danny "Would You Like Fries With That??" WoodHead

...wreaked HAVOC on the shattered remnants of opposing D Lines that our Rolling Wall of Death simply DESTROYED???

NOW How Much Would You Pay???

Imagine...if the Enemy simply could not stop our Run Game?? :eek:

Do you...um...do you think that maybe that guy we have under center...might be able to take a little bit of advantage of that situation??

But WAIT...There's MORE!!!

The Modern Game has moved way over towards Faster + Smaller on Defense...SO far over, in fact, that a team that had had the foresight to draft multiple Tight Ends who commanded an extraordinary fusion of Speed, Size, and Skill...and who could, therefore, PARALYZE Defenses who were too small to block them, and too slow to stop them...could potentially make every enemy Defensive Coordinator's WORST NIGHTMARES COME TRUE.

GOD, I wish Coach Belichick had had the foresight to...

What??

Really???

RE-HE-HE-HE-HEEEEEEEEEEEALLY???

37795279001_699955256001_ari-origin07-arc-185-1291632955274.jpg

This Is What We're Realistically Looking At In The VERY Near Future

1 ~ A Smash Mouth O Line that will soon be ANNIHILATING people.
2 ~ Possibly the Deepest, Strongest, and DEADLIEST BackField we've EVER had.
3 ~ An Hybrid Passing Offense that will be a NIGHTMARE to defend.
4 ~ The Greatest QB of the Modern Age to Orchestrate All The Above.

My GOD...It'll be BEAUTIFULL!!

Christopher-Lloyd-Roger-Rabbit.jpg

There Are...Possibilities

Infallible??

Far from it.

The Defensive Front 7 is still vulnerable to injury, as is, ultimately, every team, ever.

But the Extraordinary Competitive Advantage that Coach B has quietly accrued, ere the last 3 years...is unprecedented in modern times.

It's going to take YEARS ~ or a multitude of injuries ~ to bring us back to Earth, folks.

If we stay reasonably healthy...Exactly WHO is going to keep up with us???

1 ~ 3 Peat.
2 ~ 19-0.

It Could Happen.

Funny! Real Funny! Do it as a video and you'll have a You-Tube Hit!

OTG is by far the most entertaining poster I've ever seen. I'm telling ya, man, you gotta spin this stuff out. I read your site, but there's so much more you can do with this. Great stuff as always.

OTG is by far the most entertaining poster I've ever seen. I'm telling ya, man, you gotta spin this stuff out. I read your site, but there's so much more you can do with this. Great stuff as always.

You overwhelm me, Brother Jay!! Thanks for the amazing words!! :D

I'm actually planning on doing just that, in the next few months, not that I have the smallest clue how to go about, it mind you!! The format of FFF is just a Weebly Cut + Paste deal. I wish I had the know-how to manipulate background Images ~ IF that's the right term for the pictures that are always at the top or bottom or side of pages?? ~ but even then, I don't know if any of their templates will allow me to import my own Images. I'm planning to set aside some time to investigate that...

And, yes: If anybody is feeling kindly, and has the inclination to educate me on that, I would be very gratefull!!

All of this sounds all well and good, but didn't BB say he was going to have to simplify the playbook this year due to the labor issues??? This sounds like a completely new offense, new philosophy and new schemes..

While I believe our run game will be better, even though I was satisfied with BJGE and is ability to gain positive yards while never fumbling, #12 is still the focal point of this team.. and all else flows from Tom.

Dude... I missed a letter. "Ritalin". I'll just wait here for my ticket from the grammar police then, mkay? :rolleyes:

It wasn't the misspelling. It was the "OR." :)

All of this sounds all well and good, but didn't BB say he was going to have to simplify the playbook this year due to the labor issues??? This sounds like a completely new offense, new philosophy and new schemes..

While I believe our run game will be better, even though I was satisfied with BJGE and is ability to gain positive yards while never fumbling, #12 is still the focal point of this team.. and all else flows from Tom.

That's not necessarily a good thing to put all the pressure on Tom Brady though. If you'll take a stroll down memory lane, the Pats enjoyed 3 Superbowl wins handing off to guys like Antowain Smith and Corey Dillon. Our receivers were mainly no names outside of Troy Brown and Deion Branch. I think teams that can RUN in the playoffs when the chips are down can go deeper.

And I think the results of the 2011 draft signals a return to this type of smash mouth philosophy. Guys like Ridley are for short yardage pounding. But guys like Vereen I think are the real key - he's a threat to run the ball or catch it and has strong pass blocking abilities. You don't 'tell' the defense what kind of play you're running when you put in a guy like Vereen. He's the antithesis of Maroney or at least that's what we're hoping for as fans. :)

Last edited:
That's not necessarily a good thing to put all the pressure on Tom Brady though. If you'll take a stroll down memory lane, the Pats enjoyed 3 Superbowl wins handing off to guys like Antowain Smith and Corey Dillon. Our receivers were mainly no names outside of Troy Brown and Deion Branch. I think teams that can RUN in the playoffs when the chips are down can go deeper.

And I think the results of the 2011 draft signals a return to this type of smash mouth philosophy. Guys like Ridley are for short yardage pounding. But guys like Vereen I think are the real key - he's a threat to run the ball or catch it and has strong pass blocking abilities. You don't 'tell' the defense what kind of play you're running when you put in a guy like Vereen. He's the antithesis of Maroney or at least that's what we're hoping for as fans. :)

Focus is not necessarily pressure.. the reality is that TB will be the main man, and it will be difficult to integrate these new RB's into the offense with no OTA's, shortened TC and a probably a delayed season. I suspect that they will be gradually integrated into the offense, but they will not change the focus of this team.

Jug·ger·naut   [juhg-er-nawt, -not] –noun

1. Any large, overpowering, destructive force or object, as war, a giant

battleship, or a powerful football team.

Dictionary ~ Juggernaut​

The Best Defense...Is An Offense That Rains TERROR on the Enemy!!

This has got to be the most entertaining post I have ever read on any message board. Kudos. :rocker:

Las Vegas has also noticed and agrees with you. They have installed the Patriots as a SuperBowl Juggernaut favorite at 7-1. :cool:

Focus is not necessarily pressure.. the reality is that TB will be the main man, and it will be difficult to integrate these new RB's into the offense with no OTA's, shortened TC and a probably a delayed season. I suspect that they will be gradually integrated into the offense, but they will not change the focus of this team.

I certainly tend to agree with you that the focus will still (and always) be our biggest weapon, Tom Brady. I think the truth will lie somewhere between those who feel that these RB's were simply drafted to provide youth and replace the older RB's that we had in Morris and Taylor--and those who feel as though we are making a huge, major overhaul. I do not think that we are making an enormous overhaul with the offense altogether, but I do think that we are back to the more physical aspect that we have been somewhat lacking. A sort of two-headed sword, if you will. We are sending a message that we will be more physical, and that we can also light it up through the air when we want. The whole approach makes perfect sense to me, with the addition of a couple of years on Brady's career, the problems on offense in the playoff loss to the NYJ, and the ability to block and protect our greatest asset.

The TE approach, the drafting of some bigger roadgraters at OL, and the youth/depth added at RB all point to better...balance (in my opinion). While I still think that Brady is the focal point of the offense, and will continue to lead the team, I also believe that we added a better balance with the addition of these RB's and TE's. The OL still needed addressed one way or another, but I think the fact that we took some quality 'bigger' guys also leads me to believe that we improved the physicality and the clock-killing running game as a whole.

On another note--it's great to see some excitement and enthusiasm for the upcoming season and the future in general. Not just from OTG, but from many others too!! (I'm telling you--I've never been so excited for a season, and the irony involved with the labor dispute is just horrible for me at this point)

This has got to be the most entertaining post I have ever read on any message board. Kudos. :rocker:

High praise, indeed!! Thank you, Brother Anteros!! :D

A shout out to OTG from me too, I always enjoy your posts. I probably agree with your take on things about 90% of the time, especially your zeal for a return to some amount of ball control on offense. More than that, I very much appreciate the effort you make in "crafting" your contributions here in such a unique and entertaining way. Bravo!

:rocker:

A shout out to OTG from me too, I always enjoy your posts. I probably agree with your take on things about 90% of the time, especially your zeal for a return to some amount of ball control on offense. More than that, I very much appreciate the effort you make in "crafting" your contributions here in such a unique and entertaining way. Bravo!

:rocker:

Your kindness is truly humbling, Bro.

Thank you so very much.

I was about to put OTG on Ignore when I realized one could turn off signatures.

I now have signatures turned off site-wide on patsfans.com, mainly so I don't have to see OTG's.

Off the Grid is grade A insane.

I was about to put OTG on Ignore when I realized one could turn off signatures.

I now have signatures turned off site-wide on patsfans.com, mainly so I don't have to see OTG's.

This is your 3rd or 4th post about blocking my Sig.

Your persistent discomfiture amuses me.

This is your 3rd or 4th post about blocking my Sig.

Your persistent discomfiture amuses me.

I forgot I had made so many references to it.

Did you ever change the .sig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots