Status
Not open for further replies.

supafly

Eff you, Shula
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Did anyone happen to catch that?

I just saw the replay on NFL Network, when they were talking about Bradford's injury etc.

The ball was actually deflected, and popped up straight in the air. I swear to God my grandmother could have not only snagged it like a lazy pop-fly, but could have taken it to the house--no problem.

It really doesn't even do it justice to try and describe how easy this INT was, and yet it went straight through his hands..he totally whiffed and grasped at air while the ball smacked him right in the chest.

I still fail to see what all of the hype that surrounds him is about? Yes he can jump a route, but sometimes he makes the absolute dumbest of plays ever.

Did anyone happen to catch that?

I just saw the replay on NFL Network, when they were talking about Bradford's injury etc.

The ball was actually deflected, and popped up straight in the air. I swear to God my grandmother could have not only snagged it like a lazy pop-fly, but could have taken it to the house--no problem.

It really doesn't even do it justice to try and describe how easy this INT was, and yet it went straight through his hands..he totally whiffed and grasped at air while the ball smacked him right in the chest.

I still fail to see what all of the hype that surrounds him is about? Yes he can jump a route, but sometimes he makes the absolute dumbest of plays ever.
nice grudge ya got there

nice grudge ya got there

Nah, no grudge (except for contributing to the demise of the perfect season).

He is one of the most over rated players in all of football, at least certainly at the CB position. He is afraid of any contact whatsoever, and that has been pointed out by a lot better experts and analysts than myself (22 tackles all of last year). He gets burned with the best of them. His attitude is mud. There's no way that he was made for a team like the NEP. Like I said, there's one thing he is exceptionally good at, and that's jumping routes. That of course leads to INT's (when he actually catches them), and I have respect for that, but no one is really afraid to throw his way.

I am being totally honest. I know we have discussed the player in depth before, but when I saw that dropped INT tonight from Sunday's game, I wondered what anyone else thought if they saw it.

It will certainly be on one of those blooper reals that you see from time to time, I mean it was that bad..

Nah, no grudge (except for contributing to the demise of the perfect season).

He is one of the most over rated players in all of football, at least certainly at the CB position. He is afraid of any contact whatsoever, and that has been pointed out by a lot better experts and analysts than myself (22 tackles all of last year). He gets burned with the best of them. His attitude is mud. There's no way that he was made for a team like the NEP. Like I said, there's one thing he is exceptionally good at, and that's jumping routes. That of course leads to INT's (when he actually catches them), and I have respect for that, but no one is really afraid to throw his way.

I am being totally honest. I know we have discussed the player in depth before, but when I saw that dropped INT tonight from Sunday's game, I wondered what anyone else thought if they saw it.

It will certainly be on one of those blooper reals that you see from time to time, I mean it was that bad..

yeah that was quite a bad drop he had in the sb

i think one of the reasons aside from money demands, that you guys let him go, was his attitude

Why are people still on the man's case? BB won't have franchised him if he was a bad player. Asante wanted to leave for more $$ it wasn't because we didn't want him. We were not going to over pay for him. Same way we won't sign Brady if he asks for 25mil a year.
He is not the reason we lost the SB. Things happen. He has led the NFL in INTs so stop acting like he can't catch.

Why are people still on the man's case? BB won't have franchised him if he was a bad player. Asante wanted to leave for more $$ it wasn't because we didn't want him. We were not going to over pay for him. Same way we won't sign Brady if he asks for 25mil a year.
He is not the reason we lost the SB. Things happen. He has led the NFL in INTs so stop acting like he can't catch.

Thanks for the input, Mrs.Samuel. You're right, he didn't have a bad attitude, he was a typical Patriots type player. He was offered a very fair contract, and decided to "get rich to this..." instead. Fair enough.

And judging by the cotent of the thread title in reference to his dropped INT last week, he can't catch. More importantly, as proven by his 22 tackles all of last yr, he can't handle contact either--but we already knew that.

One thing he can do well, and will always be able to do well, is jump routes. This is the reason why he will likely have another nice INT total, and also the reason why he will consistantly be one of the NFL's whipping boys in relation to not playing smart, getting burned, and avoiding contact.

But since the INT numbers are more important to some, he will continue to get paid well.

As far as the pefect season SB drop, it certainly would have won the game, wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes