PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante wants Nate Clements $$$$$

If all you care about is business dealings, then wait for business deals are made to comment. The discussions here is about media statements not bsuniess dealings.

You can care about what you want. The attitude of players toward various cities affects the signed business deals. Graham WANTED to play in Seattle. He didn't WANT to play here. That affected the business deal, whether you choose to include such factors of not. Mason is NOT the star WR for the patriots because he chose not to come to MA. Stallworth chose to come. The city and the ownership were factors. IMHO, to think that BUSINESS DEALINGS means just cash is just plain silly. The city makes a HUGE difference to some players, as do many other non-cash considerations.

I didn't say city preference didn't matter. I said I didn't care about whether a player wanted to work in any given part of the country. Not only that, but why should I care that a player have a preference for playing outside New England? It doesn't matter. I'm not taking this personally. I'm only looking at the deal, and Asante saying he wants that much money makes him look insane. What else should I judge him on? His statements to the media are essentially statements to the fans and ticket holders. You think he should be able to make an arse out of himself without getting public commentary in return? All I said was that the guy was insane. He is so far way out of the ballpark on this. I thought he would shoot high. In a million years I never imagined he'd ask for Tom Brady money.

The Pats are offering 3x6 = 18M, he wants 3x10=30M. How about offering him 3x8 = 24M based on incentives - the incentives to require him to continue to perform at or near the level of 2006, and 3x6 guaranteed?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back