PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante Samuel or Tom Brady - Whose loss has made a bigger difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I began reading this thread because,let's face it...I'm stupid.

The farther into this thread I got the stupider I got.

Now that I've read Ratoath's words of simplistic beauty, I am the stupidest ba$tard ever.

Pretty obvious the right answer to the original question is Tom Brady. Dont know if it was a trick question, a fishing trip, an originally genuine thought or what. But I watched the Heisman voting last night, as many of you probably also did, and noticed 3 QBs up for consideration, one eventually winning it. And didnt happen to see any cornerbacks in the mix. A simplified and probably unnecessary parallel, but a fairly obviously general one to point out nevertheless.

But to just simplify the #s, as if it its really needed, here's the bottom line. Our passing D gave up 23 passing TDs in the reg. season in '07, with 19 picks. This year, we've given up 24 with 12 picks. We're likely to give up 4 or 5 more scores at this pace, so it'll end around 30 TDs alllowed with maybe 15 picks. Or in other words, 7 additional scores and 4 or 5 extra possessions. Significant and nothing to sneeze at. But....

Thru this point last year, Tom Brady had accounted for 47 TDs!! FORTY-SEVEN. Cassel has accounted for 16. sixteen!?? Or, of course, a minus 31 TD differential. Throw in the obvious leadership, poise and confidence an all-timer like Tom Brady provides the team in the way of off the chart intangibles, and can you understand why people have basically laughed at the original notion of an Asante Samuel/Tom Brady comparison on any level??

And PA Patsfan, Im really not trying to be smug. But it was a silly question from the get go. But it is the silly season. So, youre getting the full-fan passion pass from this guy. Next time, though. Just think before you type. ;)

Last edited:
This thread makes me really sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes