PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante Samuel has a Belichick Complex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asante is such a clown. I actually liked him a great deal, even after the SB fiasco. Now, however, he's a nobody to me. I think the Ty Law comment irks me the most. Ty Law did more than just intercept passes. He straight up locked people down and, oh by the way, he wasn't afraid to TACKLE the person with the ball.

"Samuel believes his lack of football pedigree and icy relationship with Bill Belichick have hurt his public perception."

Why would a icy relationship with BB hurt his public perception? Most fans other than Patriots fans don't really care much for BB.

Hey, if he was ever to come back here you know what would be said... something like i was misquoted, it was a misunderstanding etc

Totally agree.

Philly fans can spot a fake a mile away. Samuel always struck me as a soft player.

One of the local TV sports reporters referred to him recently as having " an allergy to tackling" and this is in a city where the Eagles can usually do no wrong. As was noted earlier, with McNabb gone, Samuel becomes the highest paid player and for better or worse the responsibilities that come with it and the scrutiny...

Asante is such a clown. I actually liked him a great deal, even after the SB fiasco. Now, however, he's a nobody to me. I think the Ty Law comment irks me the most. Ty Law did more than just intercept passes. He straight up locked people down and, oh by the way, he wasn't afraid to TACKLE the person with the ball.

Ty was incredible. Despite the poor relationship with the Pats he left on, I still admire his play so much. I wish we had a corner half as good as Law.

Ty was incredible. Despite the poor relationship with the Pats he left on, I still admire his play so much. I wish we had a corner half as good as Law.

Dont' worry, Kdo5, it looks like we have a young corner who may be shaping up to be a stud corner like Law by the name of McCourty . . . Devin McCourty.

Yes, he was. Shut down CB.

I still remember the 2003 AFCC when Peyton Manning was trying to throw the ball away and Law made an super play and intercepted it. The look on Mannings face was worth a million bucks.

What an epic ********.

No real major story here. One of the many guys who thinks the Patriots not offering him market value was some personal insult. Richard Seymour was still getting emo about being traded almost a year after the fact when he had to go out of his way to say there's no way he was resigning with the Patriots. If I remember correctly Mike Vrabel had some whiny remark about being traded to the Chiefs. We all know Wilfork woulda thrown a temper tantrum about how mean the Patriots are had they not agreed to a new deal.

The one guy who understands it's nothing personal is Moss. He's already said he highly doubts the Patriots will resign him a year from now, but also said that they have their way of doing business and that it's nothing personal. Ironic that the one guy with the bad attitude label his entire career is the guy who isn't a butthurt narcisist.

Ironically, I don't see any reason Moss doesn't get a chance to re-sign with the team if he is healthy in a year. It just won't be a blockbuster deal so he may choose to walk voluntarily. We resigned Corey Dillon for good money when he was used up, and Antwain Smith even, so it happens.

And next, we welcome Bronco Nagurski...How far back should we have to go with these d-bags?

I can't help but poke a little fun at the people on the board too (myself included perhaps). It's funny how some people are talking about how the contract stuff and his departure were years ago and he should get over it. Also, the title talks about him having a BB complex. Well, I think many on here have an Asante complex. I see his name mentioned constantly here for various reasons (SB drop, poor tackling, me first attitude, etc.). Maybe we should practice a little of what we preach.

P.S. Don't flame me. I'm just poking fun at all of us (myself included).

Yes, he was. Shut down CB.

I still remember the 2003 AFCC when Peyton Manning was trying to throw the ball away and Law made an super play and intercepted it. The look on Mannings face was worth a million bucks.

Oh man I know, I just adored our secondary back then.

Law: Doesn't even need to be explained. Lock down.
Wilson: Talented, up and coming safety. Plenty of potential.
Rodney: Self explanatory/awesome leadership
Ty Poole: A really solid veteran who made an ideal #2 CB.

Off topic but I just felt like going down memory lane. Maybe our young secondary can develop and be just as good. :D

Ty Poole: A really solid veteran who made an ideal #2 CB.
One of the Pats best signings in the BB era. In my opinion, Poole had a "pro bowl" year. Despite his poor play in the super bowl, he broke up almost everything that came his way in the regular season.

Poole and Law were an awesome tandem in 2003.

why the hell is this douche still talking about bellichik? i dont get it.

The same guy who had on of Eli's desperation throws in his hands and dropped it in the waning minutes of the 2007-08 super bowl? The guy who wanted a kajillion bucks after that performance??? See ya.

Ironically, I don't see any reason Moss doesn't get a chance to re-sign with the team if he is healthy in a year. It just won't be a blockbuster deal so he may choose to walk voluntarily. We resigned Corey Dillon for good money when he was used up, and Antwain Smith even, so it happens.

Yeah it largely depends on the season he has, but it just seems like what's gonna happen is he's gonna get an offer New England wouldn't even think of matching, and then they're gonna use Oakland's draft pick on one of the many freak receivers from the 2008 recruiting class who might enter the draft early this year (i.e. AJ Green, Jonathan Baldwin, Michael Floyd) as his replacement.

If they keep Moss though AND get one of those stud receivers, the 2011 team might be something special with that offense and a year for the defense to gel.

"Samuel believes his lack of football pedigree and icy relationship with Bill Belichick have hurt his public perception."

Why would a icy relationship with BB hurt his public perception? Most fans other than Patriots fans don't really care much for BB.

Hey, if he was ever to come back here you know what would be said... something like i was misquoted, it was a misunderstanding etc

No, Assante. It's your failure to play the way you are supposed to when you got "paid" which has hurt your public perception. You're the one putting out there that BB doesn't like you (to deflect your current problem that Andy Reid doesn't like you either) and that people don't respect you because you were a 4th round draft pick. Believe me, if you were lighting it up in Philly, the entire NFL (except for us New Englanders) would be gloating for you about how the Pats (and BB in particular) really screwed up by letting you go, and celebrating you as a hidden gem picked up in the late rounds. Your real problem is that you can't admit that "you are what you are."

Yeah it largely depends on the season he has, but it just seems like what's gonna happen is he's gonna get an offer New England wouldn't even think of matching, and then they're gonna use Oakland's draft pick on one of the many freak receivers from the 2008 recruiting class who might enter the draft early this year (i.e. AJ Green, Jonathan Baldwin, Michael Floyd) as his replacement.

If they keep Moss though AND get one of those stud receivers, the 2011 team might be something special with that offense and a year for the defense to gel.

With the young talent at receiver, do you really see them using a high draft pick on a receiver? Nah. I'm willing to bet that IF they stay at the position and go offense, we'll see a RB picked. I could be wrong, though.

With the young talent at receiver, do you really see them using a high draft pick on a receiver? Nah. I'm willing to bet that IF they stay at the position and go offense, we'll see a RB picked. I could be wrong, though.

They have Edelman and Tate.....Edelman will be a good slot receiver in the future and Tate might be a good #2 receiver, but neither one has the potential to be a Randy Moss type stud. In today's pass happy NFL, having an elite, go to receiver is almost a necessity. Also, having a guy like Green would complete the young group of WRs/TEs perfectly. Between Green/Tate/Edelman/Gronk/Hernandez, we'd have a great group of weapons set up for whoever is here beyond Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back