PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante In-House re: Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how it plays out these are good decisions now it is the best of the worst, instead of the least worse of the worse... this is an amazing team..
Until/unless serious injuries hit, this defense is absolutely STACKED. Clearly the most talented we've had yet, IMO.

Until/unless serious injuries hit, this defense is absolutely STACKED. Clearly the most talented we've had yet, IMO.

I am not too sure if you also meant to say it has depth, and that is key for me, with the injury bug lurking as it does every year...

BB coached teams strive for depth and versatility...

with Asante being back (and I will ultimately believe it when I see him on the practive field) we have another good solid player to add to our depth. I think BB appreciates that just as much....if not more than Player <insert name> returning...

:cool:

Last edited:

Yeah, I was thinking about that the other day. As fun as this offense is going to be, it's quite possible I'm more excited about seeing the defense. The Thomas signing makes us stronger in a bunch of ways, and we were already one of the best Ds in the league last season without him.

I agree. The open question is to what degree injuries have already hit. We are waiting to see following on the field soon:

Seymour
Warren
Wright
Wilson
Kyle Brady
Thomas
Moss
Gaffney
Hochstein

Last edited:
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, but I am not so bright and will explain my view on the safety positions.

In order of depth, players in Italics have questions that are explained in more detail below.
SS - Harrison, Sanders, Mitchell
FS - Wilson, Merriweather, Willie Andrews, Baker, Gay, James, Wesley

Mitchell - discussion was about FS but looking at SS for a second, Mitchell looks to be a Larry Izzo type, good on special teams unknown and likely not very good on the regular defense

For FS I see Wilson (with his own set of issues) and then a bunch of questions:
  • Merriweather - should be able to pick things up quickly but has no pro experience and has spent the majority of camp at CB
  • Willie Andrews - starting to emerge, I like this kid's tougness and think he could play the slot or backup FS in a pinch. But very unproven
  • Baker - no lock he is on the team, more of a special teamer. Although I did read he played 4 years of FS at Tennesee
  • Gay - apparently can play Safety but I am not sure I want him taking too many reps at the position. With his China doll body I don't think he would hold up
  • James - May not make the team, not sure he has ever played Safety but may be able to make a Hawkins like shift in the twi-light of his career. Doesn't appear to be very physical
  • Wesly - career special teamer, played CB in college. I don't see him making the roster
  • Hawkins - I guess he is on speed dial but lets hope we don't have to go there

I wasn't being sarcastic at all, but I am still a little confused. Given the guys you list for FS, I think the depth there is really solid. OVERALL, I'd say the Pats roster is extremely deep, but that's not to say EVERY position is deep the way DL and WR is deep. Having Meriweather and Gay and Andrews as options at FS is pretty damn good, if you ask me. I hesitate to add Andrews there, due to lack of experience, but the guy has been said to have taken a BIG LEAP this year, and I've noticed him living up to those reports in the game-action I've watched. I've also heard good things about Baker. FS doesn't concern me at all.

I will save you the time....

"BB we are getting towards the end, tough match-up this week against the Giants. Eli Manning is the best QB I have ever seen and really the Giants have no flaws...."
"Looking at the tape there were some good things but it was far from perfect, we really have a lot of work to do get ready for the Jets in week 1..."
"Tough time of year we have to get below 75 by Tuesday, it is never easy..."
"Samuel is a good player but he is behind. It is not like he can step in and play tomorrow, some of the other players have 3+ weeks or practice. If it was that easy we wouldn't have camps..."

BB on the Brady baby "What a fanstastic event! I wish it would get more publicity. Our entire team talks about it all day. The only other things we like to discuss more is the the Michael Vick saga and Barry Bonds....
I asked McDaniel to design a new play called "Brady Baby". Tom is free to live whenever he wants to ensure his end of the parenting bargain is being met. I can't wait to see the pictures..."

Okay, this was pretty funny. Nice job. :D

Re: Samuel Ends holdout

PREDICTION: You're about to get killed on this board with "Did you hear JFK was shot?!"-type comments. Pleased to be the first. READ THE BOARD, please.

Re: Samuel Ends holdout

Asante what now?

I guess there will be a BB press conference too...

I wasn't being sarcastic at all, but I am still a little confused. Given the guys you list for FS, I think the depth there is really solid. OVERALL, I'd say the Pats roster is extremely deep, but that's not to say EVERY position is deep the way DL and WR is deep. Having Meriweather and Gay and Andrews as options at FS is pretty damn good, if you ask me. I hesitate to add Andrews there, due to lack of experience, but the guy has been said to have taken a BIG LEAP this year, and I've noticed him living up to those reports in the game-action I've watched. I've also heard good things about Baker. FS doesn't concern me at all.

Listing it out on paper helped me, I think we are more than ok at FS. I like Andrews, he showed a lot of improvement and has poetntial to be more than just a special teamer.

You know what I always thought would be a great Bill Belichick commercial...? Like, for Dunkin' Donuts or something... he's giving a press conference and someone asks "Coach, what's the status of your star player's injury..?"

So BB responds "Well, I am glad you asked me that, Joe... he suffered a strain of the 3rd ligament in his right knee... it was hyperextended on the play where he got tackled at the 40. Here are some photos of the injury, and here is a picture of the X-ray... we expect to have him rehab for 7-10 days and he will be available for the game in 2 weeks against Buffalo... Feel free to ask him more questions about how he feels and where we're going from here...."

Or something like that :D

"We'll take it day by day"
" "
" "
" "
" "

lmao

You know what I always thought would be a great Bill Belichick commercial...? Like, for Dunkin' Donuts or something... he's giving a press conference and someone asks "Coach, what's the status of your star player's injury..?"

So BB responds "Well, I am glad you asked me that, Joe... he suffered a strain of the 3rd ligament in his right knee... it was hyperextended on the play where he got tackled at the 40. Here are some photos of the injury, and here is a picture of the X-ray... we expect to have him rehab for 7-10 days and he will be available for the game in 2 weeks against Buffalo... Feel free to ask him more questions about how he feels and where we're going from here...."

Or something like that :D

ha ha ha...funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back