PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As we near gameday week 2, Has the shock reality of losing Brady for the season gone?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What day this week were you over the shock of losing Brady for the year?

• Sunday night,I was expecting the worst and was ready to move on

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Monday after hearing it was a near certainty so I focused on Cassel

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Wednesday - Once the official word came out Brady was on the IR list

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Thursday - It took me a little bit longer

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Today because I am juiced up for the Jets game

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I am not over it and I may not be till 2009

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It took me a few weeks to get over the shock of losing the Super Bowl and right now I think the shock of losing Brady will subside on kickoff sunday no matter how Cassel fares or not and will take my mind off of that

Have you gotten over the shock of losing Brady now and if so when did you succumb to reality?

Re: As we near gameday week 2, Has the shock reality of losing Brady for the season g

Sunday.

In fact I already mentally prepared myself by halftime.

After 18-1 it's hard for me to be shocked anymore.

Re: As we near gameday week 2, Has the shock reality of losing Brady for the season g

Brady is gone? When did that happen? I thought he just changed his jersey number to 16.

I dont think any of us fans will be over it for a while.. But the season goes on, and its long way to go , so lets enjoy it.

No. I feel like Brady was killed suddenly on Sunday. I didn't realize how much joy I got from watching him perform on game day and just be the face of the franchise all of the other days of the year. I loved having him be talked about on PTI and other national shows on TV and radio.

I loved it that the Golden Boy was wearing the Flying Elvis. I loved it that everyone else was jealous of us. His loss actually reminded me of 9/11. Brady is as American as baseball and apple pie. A little part of America died last Sunday. It's really tragic.

Sunday.

But, the mantra after that crushing loss to the Giants was: Do the Pats still have Belichick? Do they still have Pioli? Do they still have Brady and Moss? Then, relax. We'll just reload for next year. We were set to go 32-0 in back to back regular seasons, and that's all gone now. Matt Cassel isn't leading us to 16-0. He just isn't.

So, instead, we go from we'll get them next season in February to we'll get them season after next in September. It's really annoying because our window is small.

Harrison, Bruschi, Vrabel, Faulk, Moss, Morris, Adalius Thomas, and Brady are all getting older very quickly.

Sunday.

Same here. I knew he was done and began focusing on Cassel. Nothing i could do but move on.

I am trying to get over the loss of Brady, but it's hard. I was ill for weeks after the Super Bowl. This, is close to that. I don't know if I can watch the game tomorrow. I guess, I'm scared, and I haven't felt this way in a long time.

No. I feel like Brady was killed suddenly on Sunday. I didn't realize how much joy I got from watching him perform on game day and just be the face of the franchise all of the other days of the year. I loved having him be talked about on PTI and other national shows on TV and radio.

I loved it that the Golden Boy was wearing the Flying Elvis. I loved it that everyone else was jealous of us. His loss actually reminded me of 9/11. Brady is as American as baseball and apple pie. A little part of America died last Sunday. It's really tragic.

Dear god, it's only football and he isn't nearly dead...

I'm sad for him and sad for me (and anyone who truly reveled in his play and mere presence) because I so enjoy watching him. But you need some perspective. :violent: :bricks:

I started to detach post game when the rumors of the ACL started gathering steam. Because if you actually are a fan of this team then like them you have to move on or you're just a sniveling quitter.

The upside for all who claim to be Patriots fans is while you seldom really appreciate what you have until you lose it, we will realize that while also by all accounts getting him back. People who follow this team need to start cherishing every moment of this era and all who have made it possible.

I was upset for numerous reasons, not the least of which was Favre loving buddy coming over to sit on my couch and gloat.

I sat there, wringing my hands waiting for pre-season Cassel to blow it.

He didn't.

I tried to dodge ludicrous glimmers of hope and did ok. As of this moment I think I might have more trouble sleeping tonight than last week and it's almost pure excitement.

A little trepidation, but not much. Somehow, in the pit of my stomach, I think we're going to do well. Maybe better than well.

In the end, it's a game. Fun, exciting, gut-wrenching and storied. But still...

Can't wait to come in here tomorrow and see how many people change their mind totally, unwriting a hundred threads in either direction.

Win or Lose, I'm sticking with Cassel.

As I said before, "Show some class, root for Cass!"

Funny thing - around Wednesday I was mad as hell about something totally unrelated. Once I'd 'processed' that anger I found my upset over Brady had faded as well.

Last edited:

Wednesday for me. I was holding out hope that it was just an MCL, despite the rumours to the contrary. Once he was IR'ed, it was time to move on. Time to lower expectactions (ie from #1 or 2 seed) and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back