PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As usual TFB will have to save the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowayback

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
So Kraft bailed(best case scenario he made a deal that we will get a pick back, who cares about fines) . And he leaves it up to Brady to try and salvage what little respect is left of the Patriots.

If Brady wins appeal, erases the suspension and makes a mockery of wells report . I think we can get back a bit or our "integrity" . Nation wide it wont mean dipshite, but I personally will feel a lot better that we have a foot to stand on about TFB and the Pats not cheating. And if in the process he also makes godell, kensil irsay and grigson look like scum well hallelujah . :cool:

Brady Brady Brady !

Dream on.
I wouldn't blame Brady if he asked to be released from his contract.

If Brady didn't want to keep this fight going, why would the NFLPA release those statements today, about asking RG to recuse himself in the appeal proccess? It's simple....because they are gearing up for legal battle in court. I think Brady is looking for complete exoneration. I think he knows how flawed the Wells report is, and he knows he can beat the NFL .

Right now, he's our only hope left to retaining our pride in Pats nation

Last edited:
Brady is a fighter. He is taking this personally. Kraft has caved his entire life. I was dissapointed to hear Kraft's position, but tbh not all that surprised. I dont really hold Kraft too high when it comes to integrity issues with the league (i.e. see Ray Rice situation).

Brady has fought for what he has. And everything he has, his accomplishments both personal and career wise, are a testament to the fight within him. You don't piss Brady off and get away with it. He is nothing like Kraft. And thank GOD for that.

So from today's cowardly oration, I can assume the no matter what happens to Brady. The banner and everything else the league wants the Patriots to do will be followed to the letter! Screw you Bob Krapt!

Shaughnessy said it best

" The battle is over, Patriot fans. And the war has been lost. The Patriots have been found to have cheated twice in eight seasons. They have accepted the loss of first-round draft picks twice in eight seasons. They have accepted the biggest fine in NFL history.

Kraft continued to dispute the charges, but his acceptance of the penalty speaks volumes. Clearly, he wasn’t ready for a fight that he couldn’t win. The Patriots can forever claim this was a witch hunt and continue to poke holes in the report, but that doesn’t mean much now, does it? The team has accepted its punishment. "

i expect tom to sit out 4 games and never speak about this.

If Brady didn't want to keep this fight going, why would the NFLPA release those statements today, about asking RG to recuse himself in the appeal proccess? It's simple....because they are gearing up for legal fight court. I think Brady is looking for complete exoneration. I think he knows how flawed the Wells report is, and he knows he can beat the NFL .

On that read, I hope he gets exonerated and, unless it is proven that Kraft cut a deal to facilitate that exoneration, he asks to be released from his Patriots contract five minutes after his exoneration.

Shaughnessy said it best

" The battle is over, Patriot fans. And the war has been lost. The Patriots have been found to have cheated twice in eight seasons. They have accepted the loss of first-round draft picks twice in eight seasons. They have accepted the biggest fine in NFL history.

Kraft continued to dispute the charges, but his acceptance of the penalty speaks volumes. Clearly, he wasn’t ready for a fight that he couldn’t win. The Patriots can forever claim this was a witch hunt and continue to poke holes in the report, but that doesn’t mean much now, does it? The team has accepted its punishment. "

i expect tom to sit out 4 games and never speak about this.

Are you nuts? Tom has too much pride to ever allow that to happen

If Brady didn't want to keep this fight going, why would the NFLPA release those statements today, about asking RG to recuse himself in the appeal proccess? It's simple....because they are gearing up for legal fight court. I think Brady is looking for complete exoneration. I think he knows how flawed the Wells report is, and he knows he can beat the NFL .

Everything you say is fine until you stated what "Brady thinks". We haven't a clue what Brady thinks. What we know is that Brady's representative are appealing the findings and punishment, and are demanding an independent arbiter.

IMHO, the NFLPA would do what they have done no matter what discussions have been had between Kraft and the league.

Brady will have his day in "court". The findings will be attacked. Perhaps Brady will accept a ruling reducing the fine to 2 games, maybe not. We won't know what Brady really thinks this month, even if he makes a public statement.

On that read, I hope he gets exonerated and, unless it is proven that Kraft cut a deal to facilitate that exoneration, he asks to be released from his Patriots contract five minutes after his exoneration.

That actually occurred to me. Maybe Brady goes all out to restore his reputation, and then when it's over publicly tells Kraft to trade him or he will retire, but he will never play for Kraft's team again.

Are you nuts? Tom has too much pride to ever allow that to happen

I agree that Brady will allow his representatives to proceed with the appeal. is that all that you are saying?

That actually occurred to me. Maybe Brady goes all out to restore his reputation, and then when it's over publicly tells Kraft to trade him or he will retire, but he will never play for Kraft's team again.
I think you're right. And I also think it's not out of the question that he will retire rather than play a final season shortened by four games for ******** reasons.

When do they have to have a date set on the appeal?

If Brady publicly says that he never want to play for the patriots again, Kraft will grant Brady his wish. Brady will be traded to Oakland.

When do they have to have a date set on the appeal?
They have not. I suspect that the league has to decide what do about the arbiter issue first. I suspect that the initial date will be in June. An injection asking for a new arbiter could delay the situation for months.

When talking about TFB and Kraft we are talking about apples and oranges. Brady is the best at his profession in the USA , what place do Kraft and godell have ? Kraft and godell are Brunells or Leafs if even that. Its a complete different mentality. We can only imagine what that takes. He is made of different stuff . As Giselle is in her profession.
That is why he is never satisfied with being 2nd . And since he didn't cheat he will fight it to the end.

TB is like Batman..when asked the save the day..he doesn't fail

When talking about TFB and Kraft we are talking about apples and oranges. Brady is the best at his profession in the USA , what place do Kraft and godell have ? Kraft and godell are Brunells or Leafs if even that. Its a complete different mentality. We can only imagine what that takes. He is made of different stuff . As Giselle is in her profession.
That is why he is never satisfied with being 2nd . And since he didn't cheat he will fight it to the end.

Apples and oranges?

Until very recently, the NEP (as run by Kraft) have been judged to be one of the best sports enterprises in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes