PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As it looks right now, The draft for the Patriots must be near perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to think that the Patriots continue with their (low)risk-(high)reward approach. ...

I think they bring in more veteran help at both CB and LB, in particular, CB Lito Shepherd and LB Jason Taylor. I think they trade down once to Philly for Shepherd, then again to Miami at the top of round two for Jason Taylor.

With those positions filled, now the Patriots can continue with their current belief that the game has shifted to Offense. Therefore, their top two picks are WR Devin Thomas, replacing Stallworth, and TE Kellen Davis, replacing Kyle Brady. In fact, I'll go one step further and say the TE is picked first. :eek:

Since when is Jason Taylor a LB?

Last time I looked he played DE for Miami

Last time I looked, Gholston played DE for OSU. So what exactly is your point?:singing:

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think that the Patriots continue with their (low)risk-(high)reward approach. ...

I think they bring in more veteran help at both CB and LB, in particular, CB Lito Shepherd and LB Jason Taylor. I think they trade down once to Philly for Shepherd, then again to Miami at the top of round two for Jason Taylor.

With those positions filled, now the Patriots can continue with their current belief that the game has shifted to Offense. Therefore, their top two picks are WR Devin Thomas, replacing Stallworth, and TE Kellen Davis, replacing Kyle Brady. In fact, I'll go one step further and say the TE is picked first. :eek:

Further, I think Gholston will be gone by the time the Pats pick because teams will scramble for the next best DE. Jake Long will be gone, as well. One top five team will pull the trigger on McFadded at RB.

That leaves the Patriots to either pick a falling DT, reach for LT Ryan Clady to man the RT spot----------or just draft a DB, and, Oh, by the way, it's no clear-cut top prospect.

That's an awful lot of cap money that the cap-conscious Pats would have to tie up in not just a rookie but a rookie they would be forced to start! :nono:

Since when is Jason Taylor a LB?

Last time I looked he played DE for Miami

Taylor actually was a very good OLB in Saban's 3-4. In fact, Taylor won Defensive MVP in that spot

Further, I think Gholston will be gone by the time the Pats pick because teams will scramble for the next best DE. Jake Long will be gone, as well. One top five team will pull the trigger on McFadded at RB.

That leaves the Patriots to either pick a falling DT, reach for LT Ryan Clady to man the RT spot----------or just draft a DB, and, Oh, by the way, it's no clear-cut top prospect.

That's an awful lot of cap money that the cap-conscious Pats would have to tie up in not just a rookie but a rookie they would be forced to start! :nono:

You certainly get a lot of mileage out of a few posts....

Re: As it looks right now,The draft for the Patriots must be near perfect

You know, you shouldn't critique other people when there's so much wrong with your own posts. First of all, its way too short. Second of all, its not long enough. Third, by not emphasizing your points, your post is less memorable. Fourth, you didn't reiterate your own points. I really have no recollection of what you're talking about. Finally, your post lacks a sense of urgency and density. I can remember what the OP was talking about because he sounded desperate and it took me a long time to read it. As for you I can't... I mean, uh... I forgot, what did you say again?

LOL. I admit that would be a funny comeback to just about any post. What were we talking about again? OH right, the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes