PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As I watch Indy-Jax, one thought occurs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now the Indy running game is VERY good. Gotta play run 1st and pass second. Not a good combo for the Pats defense which has struggled a bit against the run at times.

Colts also have one of the best pass defenses in the league right now.

Gonna be tough especially in their building with the heat turned up and the refs getting their usual payout.

I think both the Colts offense, and the Pats D# have been holding a little back for the 11/4 showdown.

Neither coach would ever admit to it, but Dungy is resting Addai and Harrison for NE... and BB and the D have something in store especially for Indy (including the return of a 100% Richard Seymour).

Last edited:
I absolutely love watching Peyton Manning play.

The guy understands football inside and out better than any one that has ever played the game. Some of those passes literally had me shaking my head saying, "Unbelievable." The guy's accuracy is out of this world. I think it was early 4th or late 3rd quarter when the Colts faced a 3rd and about 8 from the Jacksonville 20 with a 17-7 lead. Reggie Wayne ran an extended intermediate dig down around the 3 yard line. There was a Jacksonville player about 6 yards in front of Wayne, a Jag on his back, a Jag in front of him, and a Jag in the end zone further back then Wayne. There was a window that was about 1 foot by 1 foot where the football had to go and Manning drilled it exactly in that spot. IT was basically the tire drill with a tire that powers a gator tracto and Manning hit it. He's is simply amazing.

By the way, Reggie Wayne has surpassed Marvin Harrison as far as who is the better receiver. Great career Marvin had and he's still a good WR, but he's the #2 now.

Seriously, any other year and the Colts would be the SB favourites by a country mile. This is a two horse race in the NFL and that's not even a put-down of Dallas, Green Bay or any other team that looks good.

One thing that accurs to me:the Nfc has alot of teams with no offenses.

Colts looked totally uninspired tonight. Jags D came to play but they have no qb and Del Rio is an idiot on his play calls. Not a very impressive win, though I'm sure they'll take it! :D

Imagine how the Colts will play if they are inspired.

You mistake a lack of intensity with experience and equanimity.

Right now the Indy running game is VERY good. Gotta play run 1st and pass second. Not a good combo for the Pats defense which has struggled a bit against the run at times.

Colts also have one of the best pass defenses in the league right now.

Gonna be tough especially in their building with the heat turned up and the refs getting their usual payout.

You know, the Colts have to play in the same "heat" as well.

I guess you don't mind the fact that BB left the field at the Razor uncovered all week before the Pats played the Colts in the playoffs a few years back.

You know, the Colts have to play in the same "heat" as well.

I guess you don't mind the fact that BB left the field at the Razor uncovered all week before the Pats played the Colts in the playoffs a few years back.

Well, it ain't a dome so how else would he have the field?

Well, it ain't a dome so how else would he have the field?

He can't pull that trick anymore on the Colts since NE plays on field turf now.

And that "Dome" is why Indy has hosted FOUR Final Fours.

amazinPats said:
Colts looked totally uninspired tonight. Jags D came to play but they have no qb and Del Rio is an idiot on his play calls. Not a very impressive win, though I'm sure they'll take it!

I disagree. The Colts absolutely dominated the Jags in the trenches and at the point of attack. Kenton Keith is a decent running back but he looked like a pro-bowler back there tonight behind that Colts line. They nuetralized one of the top 3 defensive fronts in the league and kept John Henderson and Marcus Stroud somewhat quite for most of the night. That Jacksonville defense is the best in the league IMO. They are crazy good at every level on D and the Colts had their way with them.

And with the exception of that lengthy TD drive, they shut down the run too. Bob Sanders is the most valuable player to his team on defense in this league.

You guys can talk all the crap you want. Two weeks from now, the Patriots will have killed the Colts and you'll go back to your little hole, like the rest of the trolls.

An angle I haven't heard said yet is that probably ONE of these teams will be 13-0 by December. Almost has to be.

Either the Pats or Colts will beat an OUTSTANDING opponent in two weeks.

If the loser plays badly, that will be a reflection of the winner's excellence, having driven them to doing so.

You guys can talk all the crap you want. Two weeks from now, the Patriots will have killed the Colts and you'll go back to your little hole, like the rest of the trolls.

I remember all the Pattie trolls doing just that thing after the AFCCG game last season on the Colts' board, although some of the more incorrigible ones kept spewing bile.

The only way to describe the Colts tonight is that they were very good in parts. Wayne and Sanders were the stand outs, the O'line was effective for most of the game and the D line dominated a disappointing Jaguars offense.
Like many others have stated the most noticable advantage the Colts had was the play calling from the Jaguars side lines. It wasnt just the pass plays from their own end zone which resulted in a safety, or the pass play for over 18 yds to introduce Gray to the NFL but the runs at 4 and 1 - (not that they shouldnt run in that position, but why not use the size and strength of the OL to lead the QB or anyone else). It was ironic that there was a graphic which showed that the most successful pass attempts against the Colts were in the 10 yard zone and yet the calls in the second half (with Gray at the helm) were predominantly in the 10-20 yrd category, downfield and not towards the sidelines - in other words the second interception was just waiting to happen and it didnt take long until it did.

I think there were just as many chinks exposed tonight in the Colts game as the Pats game yesterday. Peyton did not have the smoothest of games and showed that he can still be thrown off rhythm. Both undefeated teams however have the ability to determine the problems and to deliver the cure before they meet in 2 weeks time.

One final word though about the Colt's running game. I thought other that a couple of largish gains the Jaguars kept Addai reasonably in check. However again the awards should go to the OL and their blocking schemes which were impressive, making Keith in particular look like a pretty decent RB (though no illusions could make him seem a pro-bowler)

Good deserved win for the Colts - though Jack helped them more that they needed.

I regret to inform you that they'll still be here just like they have been all along. Oh the equanimity!

"he Colts opponents have a combined winning record. The Pats opponents do not."

The Pats opponents will have a combined winning record after they handle Wasington next weekend and the Colts on the 4th.

The Colts are who we thought they were......Sorry,couldnt resist....they arent invincible,but they can move the ball,and they have a decent defence.Cant wait for Nov.4.

A difference between the Jags and Colgs came clear last night, watching the Colts get big hits on the Jags WRs and the Colts WRs able to get clean catchs and duck and cover.

The Jags WRs couldn't get separation and if they did, the passes took too long to arrive, so they were getting immediately tackled and occasionally creamed. Sometimes the Jags QB (even Garrard) would completely hang the receiver out to dry.

This is something neither Brady nor Manning will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back